Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by kodawg9
Anyone able to reserve seats for the LATAM legs? I booked thru BA's website.
I booked via BA. We have an AA segment and the AA agent was able to grab us seats together.

Originally Posted by DrSE
Just Arrived in GYE and now 2 Days at the HI, Friday GYE-MIA-LHR. Think at least for me it will be smooth
Excellent. Please keep updating us as you are the first one to start the adventure!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
He should have. All international flights have to go through customs in the US, whether you are connecting or not.
As of a few months ago at least, this is no longer the case. I flew CUN-MIA-LHR in January, and again in July. In January I had to collect luggage and proceed through US customs. In July, my bag travelled straight through without having to be collected and rechecked.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
As of a few months ago at least, this is no longer the case. I flew CUN-MIA-LHR in January, and again in July. In January I had to collect luggage and proceed through US customs. In July, my bag travelled straight through without having to be collected and rechecked.
FWIW - It varies by airline, route and airport. In MIA you have a decent chance of checking a bag through without claim and recheck.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Global321
FWIW - It varies by airline, route and airport. In MIA you have a decent chance of checking a bag through without claim and recheck.
Aha. This was AA-AA and AA-BA, for the record.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Global321
I concur with this, the rules are confusing, varying, and changing. You have to ask at check in, and hope they know the answer...I had times that they assured me that my bag would go straight through, did not believe them, and voila, I found my bag circling around the carousel at DFW. My policy for long US layovers/transits to S. America is always check the carousel at the transit airport, regardless what they tell me, lol...

A rumor I recall is that MIA is notorious for checked luggage, if I remember correctly you may not be able to retrieve them even for very long layovers.

In any case, it is safer to fly with a roller board, if you can.

Last edited by nk15; Oct 4, 2017 at 10:22 am
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by akira22098
Either you have been lucky, or you cancelled before the CC payment was still in pre-authorisation so you haven't really been charged yet anyway. Officially it's call centre only. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_gb
Interesting. I wonder if they treat US CC differently. I notice when paying with a US card that the charge is often "pending" for over 24 hours, sometimes even 2-3 days.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by olouie
Interesting. I wonder if they treat US CC differently. I notice when paying with a US card that the charge is often "pending" for over 24 hours, sometimes even 2-3 days.
Booking with BA? Mine were confirmed and ticketed instantly. The only time it took about 10 minutes was when I booked through orbitz, and even then I was surprised by how fast it was ticketed.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Good news is it’s still been 48 hours and no cancellations
peacefultraveller likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Booking with BA? Mine were confirmed and ticketed instantly. The only time it took about 10 minutes was when I booked through orbitz, and even then I was surprised by how fast it was ticketed.
I think what olouie is referring to is the time it takes for a credit card charge to go from “pending” to a processed/confirmed state (rather than time it takes to issue a ticket)

BA are generally very quick to issue a ticket number but you often see the charge as “pending” on your credit card for a number of days (for me it’s usually always at least 2 days in pending).
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: OWE
has anyone seen the charge for this ticket posted on their card yet? i am not even seeing a pending transaction with amex...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by staticx813
has anyone seen the charge for this ticket posted on their card yet? i am not even seeing a pending transaction with amex...
I used my Citi card. I made four bookings, canceled one, and all are still pending, but that’s usually the case for Citi. Sometimes it can take a week for the charges to actually go from pending to posted.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:55 pm

Yes, I can see the pending charges on mine (amex). Appeared within minutes of booking.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
AmEx can be a bit inconsistent in when it shows pending payments... I’ve booked flights in the past and it’s shown as pending for 2-3 days, then drops off and reappears as a processed charge a few days later. It’s happened to me before with AA and QR.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Is this gone now? (

Originally Posted by emj12
First post so apologies if i have missed something. Long time lurker and beneficiary of the Sake Fare

Found flights to GYE from London in BA first to Miami and then AA or LATAM to GYE for £797. Return via Miami or JFK. Possible glitch?

Searchable via GF and example found on Expedia UK

Also similar price to UIO

Possibly not a valid price but worth a mention..
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Is this gone now? (
title : PREM FARE GONE

it has been dead for two days now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.