Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by staticx813
has anyone seen the charge for this ticket posted on their card yet? i am not even seeing a pending transaction with amex...
I used VISA and it is still showing pending. I hope it stays pending overnight as my statement cuts today. Wouldn't mind having another month to pay it off
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Technically not gone if you wanna fork over $10,050 now.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Surely this should be the ChiQuito Fare - to at least encompass something Ecuador related

(I named the Sake & Pho Fares on FT...so don't take my naming role )

M

My word - you crop everywhere on your tours of self-promotion
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:45 pm
Suspended

So are we in the clear yet or what? I want to start booking non-refundable hotels that are deeply discounted and BA keeping us on the edge is annoying me.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
So are we in the clear yet or what? I want to start booking non-refundable hotels that are deeply discounted and BA keeping us on the edge is annoying me.
This is up to your individual risk tolerance, as has been mentioned upthread.

With respect, this period of uncertainty is the price of admission for these sorts of deals but feel free to be annoyed if that works for you.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Coathanger
This is up to your individual risk tolerance, as has been mentioned upthread.

With respect, this period of uncertainty is the price of admission for these sorts of deals but feel free to be annoyed if that works for you.
I’m not annoyed, I’m just curious to know what others are doing and the opinions of others who’ve gotten the deal and what their plans are.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:58 pm

I’m not annoyed, I’m just curious to know what others are doing and the opinions of others who’ve gotten the deal and what their plans are.
You can understand my confusion.
IAN-UK, BLazarus22 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:58 pm

Until such a time as BA confirms they will honor these tickets, there is some risk. (BA may never confirm.)

As others have mentioned, it is up to your individual risk tolerance. We fly in January. I will almost certainly wait until Nov to book anything non-refundable. Even then, I will book things I can still use. (I have a low-risk tolerance.)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Coathanger
You can understand my confusion.
Certainly, but also please look at the context. I’m annoyed not knowing if I can book a non-refundable hotel, even though I’m sitting here holding confirmed tickets, and ticket numbers.

How long did it take BA to cancel the 1200€ KUL fare?

What I am asking is what are others plans as far as booking hotels, and when they think it will be safe to book non-refundable hotels?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:11 pm

Certainly, but also please look at the context. I’m annoyed not knowing if I can book a non-refundable hotel, even though I’m sitting here holding confirmed tickets, and ticket numbers.

How long did it take BA to cancel the 1200€ KUL fare?

What I am asking is what are others plans as far as booking hotels, and when they think it will be safe to book non-refundable hotels?
Fair enough.

Typically I don't book non-refundable hotels, and would leave any onward flights (e.g. to the Galapagos) until three months out from arrival.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:15 pm
Suspended

I am three months out. The hotels I want to book at Heathrow is 29.50£ for non-refundable or double that for a refundable price. That’s why it’s frustrating for me. Especially when I know, and have all my dates hammered down and are now essentially just being held hostage by BA.

Does anyone know how BA has handled mistake fares in the past? Like how soon they’ve come out and cancelled tickets, or was it just totally random? What happened on the KUL fare?

For some reason something tells me they will honor these fares and it may have been some kind of sale.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:14 pm

I am three months out. The hotels I want to book at Heathrow is 29.50£ for non-refundable or double that for a refundable price. That’s why it’s frustrating for me. Especially when I know, and have all my dates hammered down and are now essentially just being held hostage by BA.

Does anyone know how BA has handled mistake fares in the past? Like how soon they’ve come out and cancelled tickets, or was it just totally random? What happened on the KUL fare?

For some reason something tells me they will honor these fares and it may have been some kind of sale.
I think by next week it will be safe, but each to their own. To be safe you could wait a few weeks. Pretty hard for them to honour some tickets (seems they already have) and then cancel others later on. You are far out and the hotel doesn't cost that much (even non-refundable rates). Better to be safe than sorry in these cases.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know how soon they cancelled the KUL 1200 fares?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:03 pm

Does anyone know how soon they cancelled the KUL 1200 fares?
Mistake fare was on August 20. BA cancelled tickets August 22 without any notification to passengers. They just simply cancelled them.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Even if you get a reply to that question, the answer will be completely irrelevant.
Fork up the additional 30GBP and book the refundable hotel. After all, if it sticks you have already saved a considerable amount of money.
mrow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.