Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from £797

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Did you win? Obviously us US based flyers can’t file a small claims case in the UK
Yes, I did. But note that I didn't sue in the country in which the airline is domiciled, nor in the country I was to depart from or arrive in.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Thumbs up

My booking showing in MMB and managed to book seats and kosher meal no problem.
Haven't had any phone call from BA and my flight is on the 10 Oct.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by danger
Yes, I did. But note that I didn't sue in the country in which the airline is domiciled, nor in the country I was to depart from or arrive in.
US small claims court here I come...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:44 am
Suspended

Nobody has gotten a call except someone who hadn’t had their ticket issued yet. Nobody has gotten a call with confirmed tickets.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:57 am

This will be an interesting one in terms of cancellation. Not so easy to call it 'obviously a mistake fare' when QR was selling legit business class last year from Asia to the USA for $700-$900 (BKK-BOS) and $12xx (BKK-LAX).

FWIW - Someone asked why BA only from JFK, vs MIA. In my case for several days the UIO/GUY to MIA would have been in coach. So we have LHR-MIA in First and JFK-LHR in First.

Also FWIW - We don't fly until January. I will wait a few weeks before booking the positioning flights to see how this shakes out.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Global321
This will be an interesting one in terms of cancellation. Not so easy to call it 'obviously a mistake fare' when QR was selling legit business class last year from Asia to the USA for $700-$900 (BKK-BOS) and $12xx (BKK-LAX).

FWIW - Someone asked why BA only from JFK, vs MIA. In my case for several days the UIO/GUY to MIA would have been in coach. So we have LHR-MIA in First and JFK-LHR in First.

Also FWIW - We don't fly until January. I will wait a few weeks before booking the positioning flights to see how this shakes out.
Yes I originally asked why anyone would go through JFK. I understand some people have specific days. I’m self-employed so I can go whenever I want and there were many days the MIA flight was not available. I also agree, it’s hard to say this is a mistake fare when QR and others are selling premium class tickets for $700-900. At what point does the airline have a right to just inadvertently cancel a flight and claim mistake fare?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by nk15
Did you get a ticket number?
Yes, and even booked my seats.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by altitude75k
Yes, and even booked my seats.

Yes but was your ticket actually issued? Who did you book with? When was your travel dates?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
I actually agree with this. It’s not like the fare was $1. When can one disrupt travelers plans, and just revoke a ticket because they feel like it? Where do you draw the line?

Jc from the poster who got a call from BA. When was your travel for, and had your ticket been issued yet?
While I tend to agree with this, I wouldn't hold my hopes too high.

Shall I remember you that the TXL-KUL flight (via LHR) in 1st class was £1200 and was nevertheless cancelled? very rudely too.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Danusa86
While I tend to agree with this, I wouldn't hold my hopes too high.

Shall I remember you that the TXL-KUL flight (via LHR) in 1st class was £1200 and was nevertheless cancelled? very rudely too.
This is gonna be a close one. I wonder how many of these tickets actually got issued. How long was the KUL fare up? And remember they did end up honoring this one and I believe it’s a similar situation with a second segment on another carrier, and a US one at that: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ll-be-honored/
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: A3 Silver
This is gonna be a close one. I wonder how many of these tickets actually got issued. How long was the KUL fare up? And remember they did end up honoring this one and I believe it’s a similar situation with a second segment on another carrier, and a US one at that: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ll-be-honored/
Wow, people actually called the call centre to book?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by montezume
Wow, people actually called the call centre to book?
Yeah some idiot on the OMAAT blog posted he called BA and tried to get a supervisor to replicate the fare but it was gone. I wish bloggers would clearly tell their readers to NOT call the airline.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
This morning I actually thought this was a valid Flash Sale fare to celebrate their delivery of their 25th 787 with the price being £787 or there abouts,
peacefultraveller likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:42 am

I'm assuming this fare is gone? Couldn't find any links
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: A3 Silver
When I looked up the fare on ITA it looked more like it was missing a 0... base fare was 98 pounds each way, when normal base fare for this should be ~999.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.