FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

George Wolf Dec 10, 2016 2:19 pm

i think that you are bit too much optimist, at 99% AZ will cancel all tickets. I would be more optimist if they would issue just AZ or EY tickets, but if they have to pay back business class seats to VN, KL, AF, CX and more they will be bankrupt in 5 seconds.
I bought also 3 tickets, and i hope as well....

Danusa86 Dec 10, 2016 2:20 pm

I noticed something very strange: seat numbers on Etihad correpond to seats that do not exist. I find this very strange. Example: on the 787-9 I am assigned 8 K and 10 A but neither exist?

goliath Dec 10, 2016 2:22 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Danusa86 (Post 27593022)
I noticed something very strange: seat numbers on Etihad correpond to seats that do not exist. I find this very strange. Example: on the 787-9 I am assigned 8 K and 10 A but neither exist?

The do exist on the 2 class version:

irishguy28 Dec 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 27592988)
Do we have a nickname for this fare yet? Is it the Italian Job!? :D

Error Firenze ("frenzy")

Danusa86 Dec 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by goliath (Post 27593028)
The do exist on the 2 class version:

Thank you, couldn't find it on Seat Guru

goliath Dec 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Danusa86 (Post 27593035)
Thank you, couldn't find it on Seat Guru

Yes, seatguru only lists the 3-class version. The EY Website is more accurate.

AlicorporateUK Dec 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592993)
The Lambo!

A great (but not entirely logical) Italian/German combination.

:D

:D

It's that mix of [respectively] inefficiency (error fare) and precision (in case it gets honoured) which seems to be the special recipe in such occasions...

That aside, as a good ambassador for AZ, I thought to contribute and get an unusual present for the Mrs (I had already ordered something through Amazon, but hey...) :)

Fingers crossed.

G

CosmicGirl Dec 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592562)
You still can. I am very close to pulling the trigger on a positioning flight DUS-JFK-FLR for £500...

The 'normal' positioning is €187... so.... it.... is.... the... logical... choice...?

It makes perfect sense:
if they don't honor the bookings then the positioning flight will be cancelled as well, whereas the €187 fare would put you at a €187 loss if there rest falls through down the road. Risk management ;).

obduro Dec 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by George Wolf (Post 27593019)
i think that you are bit too much optimist, at 99% AZ will cancel all tickets. I would be more optimist if they would issue just AZ or EY tickets, but if they have to pay back business class seats to VN, KL, AF, CX and more they will be bankrupt in 5 seconds.
I bought also 3 tickets, and i hope as well....

You obviously have a lot more belief in that 1% than you make out given you bought three tickets. ;)

WingedWorldExplorer Dec 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam (Post 27588227)
Is Expedia's $7 booking fee refundable within 24h? I was trying to book on Priceline but it kept failing. I booked through Expedia and got ticketed within minutes.

No its not. You loose $ 7.00. Also states that in t&c

tennislover9 Dec 10, 2016 2:33 pm

Just booked Dus-Jfk-Flr for july 4 return sep 1 for 525 Pounds on Ebooker

teledude Dec 10, 2016 2:33 pm

anyone ticketed from travelup yet??

irishguy28 Dec 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 27593057)
That aside, as a good ambassador for AZ, I thought to contribute and get an unusual present for the Mrs (I had already ordered something through Amazon, but hey...) :)

Let's hope she doesn't find out how little you spent on her :D

Could end up very expensive for you when you have to replace cancelled tickets!!!

shaggyyyc Dec 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Okay, so stupid question...I keep seeing people talking about their fares getting 'ticketed'. does that do anything to save it from getting cancelled by AZ? All three of mine have e-ticket numbers and references which work on the airlines (AZ, EY, SQ, etc...), but they can still get cancelled once AZ wakes up, right?

NightlinerVIE Dec 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Anyone got a VN CDG-HAN or CDG-SGN leg ticketed (on AZ Flt Number)? Still waiting on mine, all other segments showing confirmed...