FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

CosmicGirl Dec 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Can anyone explain why so many, if not most itineraries contain an "outbound" and "inbound" on a different alliance? For instance why are the DUS-US-FLR itineraries mostly on OW and ST instead of just ST?

BA6501 Dec 10, 2016 2:54 pm

I suppose it's a kind of fuel surcharge dumping (the extra €5000 added on to make this fare not so interesting).

mherdeg Dec 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 27593130)
.There was also CO: SEA-EWR which permitted routing via SCL EZE GRU RIO LIMA OR BOG

That CO fare was pretty cool. About $200. Flew SEA-IAH-PTY-LIM-EWR and upgraded LIM-EWR to BusinessFirst via miles. Spent 22 hrs in Lima. Ate at Astrid y Gaston in Miraflores, went bowling, saw Parque Kennedy and Dunkin Donuts Lima. CO's site did not charge a copay for the upgrade, but an upgrade for a second pax cleared much later and DID charge a $550 copay; phone agent agreed to refund the $550 after reviewing the other record and seeing that their web site did not demand a copay at time of upgrade request. Then the BusinessFirst seat was broken and FAs said "well, this isn't a REAL flight to Europe, so it doesn't matter." Girlfriend had some kind of food poisoning at EWR after arrival.

What a great routing-rules fare. Only after booking did I learn some people were going through HNL!

dparkinson Dec 10, 2016 3:00 pm

I'm seeing a bunch for Dus-xxx-flr but they're roughly 200 bucks higher than the same fare yesterday flr-xxx-dus. Were dus-xxx-flr avail yesterday at the old rates or is the direction more expensive for some reason?

irishguy28 Dec 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl (Post 27593155)
Can anyone explain why so many, if not most itineraries contain an "outbound" and "inbound" on a different alliance? For instance why are the DUS-US-FLR itineraries mostly on OW and ST instead of just ST?

Because AZ has so few flights of its own to the US and because it is not limited to selling tickets on alliance partners.

But I have made sure to avoid OW and *A carriers as I cannot see them extending any sympathy to AZ, whatever hope there may be of EY and ST doing so...

Krysenok Dec 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Is everything dead already? Or there are still some routes?

mikk13 Dec 10, 2016 3:03 pm

i doubt the bookings are that high. the only ones booking are the ones on this forum. the rest of the normal people don't take notice or would be interested in flying to and from dus/flr to make it work.

Do you really think 1000s of british are flying to and from dus/flr to catch these flights? How many people in Italy would bother to fly to and from DUS? Sorry but only the committed or the special ones take tickets like this.

meowycrystal Dec 10, 2016 3:04 pm

OMG.. I am so late :/ I am sorry if someone mentioned. Due to a very late acknowledgement I have only read first 20 and last 10 pages. So this won't be priced correctly on google flight and only on ebookers? Thanks. (whisper: anything left to HKG?)

rinipiyan Dec 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Anything still available for asian cities? HKG/ICN/TYO all seem dead.

BA6501 Dec 10, 2016 3:05 pm

Only USA, maybe South America, only via ebookers and from DUS to FLR.

obduro Dec 10, 2016 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by mikk13 (Post 27593200)
i doubt the bookings are that high. the only ones booking are the ones on this forum. the rest of the normal people don't take notice or would be interested in flying to and from dus/flr to make it work.

By this logic - take those who booked it on FT
Add those bookings from those on the other FF forums who had hold of it before FT
Add those who have taken it up based on it being on the blogs
When you then add the fact how long this has been going for, there will be a significant number of people booked onto it for what type of fare it is. It certainly won't be a small enough number for AZ to wave pax through based on a negligible loss.

seris7 Dec 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Which OTA did you use?
Mine (on Expedia) now says "confirmed", but in the Expedia itinerary, the VN leg is missing (with a message that "flight times have changed, we'll call/email you"). On checkmytrip, the segment is showing as unconfirmed. Still no ticket number to be seen.
NightlinerVIE is online now Alert a moderator to this post Reply With Quote
Booked on expedia.it
This morning they called me asking to reconfim the VN schedule change (instead of leaving at hr 13.30 they changed to hr 13.10, 20 minutes earlier). After accepting the schedule change it tooks another 8 hours or so to receive the e-ticket. Now apparently everything is confirmed. No charges on c/c, though...

rankourabu Dec 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by mikk13 (Post 27593200)

Do you really think 1000s of british are flying to and from dus/flr to catch these flights? How many people in Italy would bother to fly to and from DUS? Sorry but only the committed or the special ones take tickets like this.

This was on numerous European forums.

The chances of this getting honoured are very slim.

meowycrystal Dec 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks folks. :)

tropikey Dec 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 27593210)
Only USA, maybe South America, only via ebookers and from DUS to FLR.

FLR-JNB-DUS for EUR 735 is still available, for example at opodo.de.

https://www.kayak.de/flights/FLR-JNB...11-01/business