FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

Desdinova Dec 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Psychowildfire (Post 27592764)
Booked over ebookers.co.uk DUS-FCO-EZE-FTE-USH-REL-EZE-FCO-FLR

That's quite a score.
How did you parse the legs?

vincewy Dec 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Too late now, but come to think of it (to those who live in North America), you could've chained the deals this way....

book Expedia FLR-XXX-DUS deal
then book DUS-XXX-FLR deal on eBookers
then book another Expedia FLR-XXX-DUS deal
then book another eBookers DUS-XXX-FLR deal....
repeat until early Nov 2017

Have RT NA to Europe tickets (award, cheapest/most comfortable possible) nesting all those deals without any re-positioning cost; why couldn't I come up with this in the last 24 hours?

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 1:03 pm

I was very close to DUS-SJC // LAX-FLR as a positioning flight for FLR-SIN-HKG-DUS... £681. BA's 789, probably could upgrade to F at some point. Nice drive down the PCH to LAX, see some friends and then spend 50 hrs or so in aircraft for 4 days....

So, I decided I need a stiff drink and probably professional help. :D

Aotearoa24 Dec 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by unileeds (Post 27592770)
It's simple,AZ will have liquidity/cash in bank for 30-60 days, whatever their payment terms for refunds are.
I'm still waiting, over 90 days for a refund AZ processed directly.

That's what I'd describe as a deception on purpose :D

Dacrazytravelman Dec 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by unileeds (Post 27592770)
It's simple,AZ will have liquidity/cash in bank for 30-60 days, whatever their payment terms for refunds are.
I'm still waiting, over 90 days for a refund AZ processed directly.

You're right: creative way to solve a short term cash flow problem :)

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592784)
I was very close to DUS-SJC // LAX-FLR as a positioning flight for FLR-SIN-HKG-DUS... £681. BA's 789, probably could upgrade to F at some point. Nice drive down the PCH to LAX, see some friends and then spend 50 hrs or so in aircraft for 4 days....

So, I decided I need a stiff drink and probably professional help. :D

BA upgrades to F only possible on BA 125 stock unless you are thinking OpUp or AUP.

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 27592791)
unless you are thinking

Thinking has left the building a while ago. :D

(You are of course right)

PS: Alitalia is in deep sh!t trouble.

Sebz4n Dec 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Maybe they're just letting it run until there has been so many bookings, that it sounds unreasonable to anyone's ears that they should honor it. I mean, all they have to do is refer to this thread as an example of systematic abuse.

Or... maybe they just needed money for the jet fuel bill, and cancel the trips afterwards with long processing time

Danusa86 Dec 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592798)
Thinking has left the building a while ago. :D

(You are of course right)

PS: Alitalia is in deep sh!t trouble.

This article opens up an interesting story-plot. Unlikely but ... what if Alitalia has done this intentionally to fill up its vaults in the short run, survive a bit longer and then ask the new Italian government (remember there is no government right now) to come to the rescue? I realise it's mad but boy it would be a fascinating strategy haha

shadowline Dec 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Is this dead?

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by shadowline (Post 27592834)
Is this dead?

Not to the US.

frebay Dec 10, 2016 1:29 pm

What airports in the USA? Not seeing anything FLR-west coast.

headingwest Dec 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by frebay (Post 27592867)
What airports in the USA? Not seeing anything FLR-west coast.

HNL for £680 for example, or try other cities like JFK.

https://www.ebookers.com/Flights-Sea...w.ebookers.com

I must say I find this all rather odd. How can it be that this has run for so long?

beckoa Dec 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by alphaeagle (Post 27592155)
Booked through Ebookers about an hour ago to South America. Ticketed immediately, but e-mail confirmation and their website is missing a flight (though it may be the one I throw away if I don't feel like going to DUS). About where my flight should be it says there was a schedule change and that I'd be called or e-mailed.

The Airline's websites show the missing flight.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Not going to call of course, but it's weird.

Same here.

Originally Posted by Gnopps (Post 27592535)
An idea that should work in theory on how to book any itinerary still:

The fare is still available, only most long-haul fuel surcharges have been increased. The fare is fully flexible, full cancellation and rebooking allowed. Booking intra-Europe or certain long-haul destinations is possible at sub €500. This opens for a possibility to get in on the deal also now that it is "too late".

Ticket changes on unused tickets are priced according to the applicable fare on the date of the change, i.e. if you book now and change tomorrow when the fare has gone up you will pay the new price.

However, as soon as the first leg has been flown fare recalculation is done using the fare in effect on the day of purchase. I.e. if you buy today, fly tomorrow and then change then the fare will be recalcuated using today's price.

In theory, it is thus possible to book any itineray, (e.g. DUS-LON-ROM-FLR) and then as soon as you have flown the first leg (DUS-LON) you go to the ticket counter and change the rest of the itinerary to something more to your liking and on dates that you like (e.g. DUS-LON-NYC-SEL-PAR-FLR). You should then only be charged the change in taxes and surcharges, which should equal what people have been paying for these crazy itineraries so far.

So this should work in theory. Some problems that may arise are that AZ may not honour any changes but the bigger problem still I'd say is finding an agent who is capable of doing this (both in terms of knowledge on how to work the system to make this happen and being willing to do so). There may also be other ticket changing restrictions like changing a purely eastern hemisphere ticket to whatever and getting the system to allow usage of this fare that has been filed errounesly.

Still, for €400 (+positioning) it might be worth a shot.

TL;DR To get in on the original deal, in theory you can book any itinerary and change the rest of the flights after you've flown the first leg.

Please keep us updated with any successes involving this. ^

Originally Posted by vincewy (Post 27592653)
How many of us here actually slept last night? I think my head is all over this in the last 24 hrs.

I was up until 6 AM AKST. Finally slept for 4 hours. And looking at this again.

remf Dec 10, 2016 1:36 pm

I booked a JFK route FLR-JFK-DUS at 10am GMT today on ebookers and it's still not ticketed for anyone considering that particular routing. It seems to be available still.