FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

kingstontoon Sep 4, 2017 5:57 am

Afternoon all,

I've just completed my trip to visit South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe using this fare, and had an absolutely fantastic time! Everything went completely to plan and I actually really liked BA's Club World product. I guess - like a few others - I was one of the lucky ones, called by the OTA I tried to book with shortly after submitting my credit card details to say they couldn't ticket it. After initially suggesting I go online and book something else, they asked what I wanted and I told them I wanted to fly FLR-JNB/CPT-DUS. They said I couldn't do this with AF/KL but was there perhaps another airline I wanted to fly with. I said BA, and the guy went ahead and secured the flights I wanted, ticketing on 125 stock, and confirming that the OTA would cover the difference.

Bring on the next one! :)

megaloman Sep 4, 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by kingstontoon (Post 28774170)
Afternoon all,

I've just completed my trip to visit South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe using this fare, and had an absolutely fantastic time! Everything went completely to plan and I actually really liked BA's Club World product. I guess - like a few others - I was one of the lucky ones, called by the OTA I tried to book with shortly after submitting my credit card details to say they couldn't ticket it. After initially suggesting I go online and book something else, they asked what I wanted and I told them I wanted to fly FLR-JNB/CPT-DUS. They said I couldn't do this with AF/KL but was there perhaps another airline I wanted to fly with. I said BA, and the guy went ahead and secured the flights I wanted, ticketing on 125 stock, and confirming that the OTA would cover the difference.

Bring on the next one! :)

Which OTA was that? ;)

LandMiler Sep 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi, I'm new here in these 9months.

I bought two tickets via Expedia and ask for cancel and refund.
Expedia wrote me cancellation is done and on last December 27th.

But even now I didn't get the refund and Expedia just tells me AZ does not response yet.

What can I do with AZ? Anyone in the same situation?

Mauibaby2008 Sep 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by LandMiler (Post 28851344)
Hi, I'm new here in these 9months.

I bought two tickets via Expedia and ask for cancel and refund.
Expedia wrote me cancellation is done and on last December 27th.

But even now I didn't get the refund and Expedia just tells me AZ does not response yet.

What can I do with AZ? Anyone in the same situation?

honestly you needed to file a charge back 8 months ago. Call your credit card immediately, it is possible it is too late for a charge back. So I would call right now ! Why didn't you do this like in January?

LandMiler Sep 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Thank you Mauibaby2008.

The email I got from Expedia said "Cancellation completed. A refund may take 12weeks."
I thought it was all done when I got the email.

I will call credit card.
Can Expedia help me in this case? I thought Expedia has some responsibility with this.

Mauibaby2008 Sep 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by LandMiler (Post 28851522)
Thank you Mauibaby2008.

The email I got from Expedia said "Cancellation completed. A refund may take 12weeks."
I thought it was all done when I got the email.

I will call credit card.
Can Expedia help me in this case? I thought Expedia has some responsibility with this.

Let me ask you this, have they been helpful ? (Looks like not !) call your credit card asap. Don't worry about Expedia

meowycrystal Oct 3, 2017 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by groovyfly (Post 28465119)
So following plus 6 months of calling ebookers, waiting, calling ebookers again, waiting, calling ebookers, calling AZ, calling ebookers, calling AZ, waiting, calling AZ, calling ebookers, waiting, contacting my credit card company, calling ebookers, calling AZ and contacting my credit card company, i finally received an email yesterday that ebookers are processing my refund for about 1700 GBP.

I was aware when I made the booking that there was a risk the tickets wouldn't be honoured, but I'd never imagined getting refunded was going to be this difficult. I guess the complicating factor was the fact that the booking was a mix of Y and C at a variety of carriers.

The most frustrating element was the complete lack of communication from ebookers or alitalia - not once have they emailed me or rung me back, not even when when they said they would. Only way I have noticed a change to the bookings has been when checking bookings online. Not having any proof of communication whatsoever made demanding a refund all the more difficult.

Hi, Would you mind telling me the turning point that Ebookers agreed to give you a refund. I am still stucked in this xyzabc... situations. I applied HSBC chargeback back in June they are simply useless and obviously not willing to help. (Numerous times of call, asked me submit the form again and again and said never received one regardless I submitted through emails with all records.) I called, complaint Ebookers and they passed the ball to AZ and obviously AZ is not going to refund albert they said they will process. It is now Oct OMG. Thanks in advance.

Wheatherfreak Oct 18, 2017 6:32 am

Same result here: waited for online check-in, error: airport staff should check us in. Called BA, they asked if we did change the flight and suggested to contact Ebookers, where we booked.

we didn't even try that and booked another holiday 😊

Originally Posted by tobitronics (Post 28585257)
Same situation here, albeit that the EK flights have passed already. Tried checking in online just for fun (and to check if it worked, couldn't have flown them anyway since I booked the QR sake fare for the same dates). System gave me an error that no seats were available and that airport staff should check me in.

Combined with the fact that the EK reservations are probably not backed by ticket coupons I certainly would not invest money in positioning flights. If it would be departing from your home country you could ofc always take a last-minute holiday :P

NicoFly Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm

074 won !

Just back home! My ticket was on 074 (KLM) stock so Alitalia was not able to change/cancel/block it.
AMS USA HONG KONG MALAYSIA DÜSSELDORF... it was fun with KLM DELTA & CATHAY PACIFIC
Good night 😉✈️🤣

rossmacd Oct 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by NicoFly (Post 28967672)
Just back home! My ticket was on 074 (KLM) stock so Alitalia was not able to change/cancel/block it.
AMS USA HONG KONG MALAYSIA DÜSSELDORF... it was fun with KLM DELTA & CATHAY PACIFIC
Good night 😉✈️🤣

Fantastic ^ Glad a few of us, me included, got to fly some form of booking :D

Terbang Oct 29, 2017 7:59 am

Same here!
Just back with Mrs Terbang. Thank's fist of all the OP.
Ticket was KL stock and booked via Expedia.nl. Trip was DUS, AMS, CPT on KL metal and back JNB, AUH, FCO on Etihad metal.
Quality of the KL flight to CPT was - by the way - very good.

SEA-Flyer Nov 5, 2017 1:06 am

Just completed my trip last night (Likely one of the very last ones given when this fare was posted). 006 ticket stock, so mileage earning was terrible, but no complaints - family enjoyed a vacation in Japan and Korea.

I ticketed on 006 using the ITA Matrix Powertool

For those who ticketed on AF/KL, what method did you use to get your tickets on that stock?

jbalmuth Nov 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Many heartfelt kudos to Delta for honoring our tickets (issued on 006 stock using the ITA Matrix Powertool), FLR - (CDG) - HKG - AKL - HKG - DUS, and even changing the return date from New Zealand at no additional expense.
We know that we were extremely fortunate, both when AZ cancelled their direct FLR - CDG service (and DL rerouted us on the AF nonstop service, thereby removing AZ entirely from the itinerary), and then, six months after purchase, when a very helpful Delta telephone agent documented in the notes associated with the reservation that she had advised me to call back to DL --- after travel had commenced --- to change the return dates, and why she felt that the fare rules permitted such a change. Shortly before commencing the trip in late October I broke a sacrosanct personal rule, and called Delta to obtain reassurance that they would honor the ticket, and the Delta telephone representative (after reading the previous agent's notes) reached out to his Fare Desk and then documented that Delta intended to honor the fare (including changes), despite now seeing that it was clearly "well-priced" for the itinerary booked. To my mind, they earned/deserve a lot of credit for this.
The overall trip was great. It was our fourth visit to NZ, and we spent most of it in the Nelson/Marlborough Sounds region. Miles earned on AS for flights taken on CX and AF were ~46k per person. The CX flights were all on their A359 aircraft, with unusual variability of service and comfort (oddly, the new aircraft seemed to have even less humidity than the Boeing 777s). That said, CX has always treated us extremely well on the ground (especially in HK).

Congrats to all other FT members who were able to use their tickets ---- and special thanks to all who worked to build the Powertools. ^^^