FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

gomilan Dec 10, 2016 11:13 am

Hope to fly it on Dec 13th morning, just in 3 days. Anybody will be there same day? :)

lost_in_translation Dec 10, 2016 11:14 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592349)
Luckily I can drive to DUS. Simple Avios redemption to FLR from there seems to work.

On BA from LHR you can do BLQ, rent a car and drive the 80km to FLR.

There are direct BA and Vueling flights from London - whether anyone will be needing them is a different matter!

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 11:15 am

Originally Posted by vincewy (Post 27592368)
On eBookers, there's a good deal on DUS-XXX-FLR (XXX is either a US or Canadian city) for 500 UKP (I am suspecting this is part of the deal too), should I pull the trigger now? If my FLR-XXX-DUS gets canned I will have no use of this ticket other than weekend trip to EU.

Well, they are flexible it seems. Anyway, good find. You can indeed still do it that way and you can still book it.

yvrcnx Dec 10, 2016 11:16 am

When making the booking yesterday and looking at the Fare Rules & Restrictions it was clearly stated that you could cancel without penalty, today it only shows this:

"We have not received information regarding the rules or restrictions for this flight. When you purchase your ticket, you agree to the following rules and restrictions. Please assume that the fare is non-refundable and any change or cancellation will result in full forfeiture of the value of the ticket with no refund or credit available. Rules and restrictions as imposed by the airline(s) will be applicable to your fare should you need to change or cancel your flight(s). Airline tickets are non-transferable. Some flights do not qualify for frequent flyer mileage accrual."

Which means that if you cancel the ticket yourself it might be very difficult to get a refund.

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 11:17 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 27592380)
There are direct BA and Vueling flights from London - whether anyone will be needing them is a different matter!

Yes, I forgot that London is not just LHR. :D Still, if they are honoured, Tuscany is not a bad place for a bit of a road trip the day before.

CosmicGirl Dec 10, 2016 11:18 am

How many are booked? Well, my FCO-NRT is showing 4 available seats out of 30 two months out. Not the most optimal inventory control.

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 11:19 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 27592380)

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 27592365)
There's still Y and J Avios availability on the Weds and Thurs morning LCY flights, all sorted :p

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592349)
Luckily I can drive to DUS. Simple Avios redemption to FLR from there seems to work.

On BA from LHR you can do BLQ, rent a car and drive the 80km to FLR.

Except I have meetings and am interviewing a couple of people for analyst positions in nottingham until 3pm on Thursday. Flight is 11:30am on Friday. Might be able to catch the last Vueling to Rome from Gatwick, or AZ to Milan from LCY or LHR with AZ points.

Danusa86 Dec 10, 2016 11:19 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592391)
Well, they are flexible it seems. Anyway, good find. You can indeed still do it that way and you can still book it.

Can you make an example? I can't seem to find it.

remf Dec 10, 2016 11:20 am

Just checked my booking on AZ "manage booking" website. It's got the outbound leg (operated by Air France) including pre-assigned seat numbers, but when I check the inbound on AA.com (flight operated by IB) it can find the PAX details but not the actual booking/routing information and refers me to their reservation phone line. eBookers is still saying the "ticketing is in progress" but assume the AA.com leg is the reason it's not ticketed yet...

Guess I'll lie low and see what happens with everyone else.

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 11:20 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl (Post 27592408)
How many are booked? Well, my FCO-NRT is showing 4 available seats out of 30 two months out. Not the most optimal inventory control.

You were probably booking in D bucket, which is generally quite well stocked so no surprise a lot could have been sold. In fact J bucket was only 100£ extra.

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 11:21 am

Originally Posted by remf (Post 27592416)
Just checked my booking on AZ "manage booking" website. It's got the outbound leg (operated by Air France) including pre-assigned seat numbers, but when I check the inbound on AA.com (flight operated by IB) it can find the PAX details but not the actual booking/routing information and refers me to their reservation phone line. eBookers is still saying the "ticketing is in progress" but assume the AA.com leg is the reason it's not ticketed yet...

Guess I'll lie low and see what happens with everyone else.

If you have not ticketed yet chances are getting slimmer, but fingers crossed!

vincewy Dec 10, 2016 11:21 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592391)

Aaah, what the heck, it's 570 UKP, and I did it, I'd just go there for the miles and for fun. I did DUS-CPH-KEF-YYZ(SK/FI/FI)/YQG-YYZ-FCO-FLR(AC/AZ/AZ), it would've been even lower (500 UKP) if I fly BA on DUS-YYZ but it doesn't have Wifi, I could save a working day on board with FI.

In the end, I'll be glad if either one of them gets honored. When/where else can you get EU-Canada tickets this low ($700), gotta take any chance.

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86 (Post 27592414)
Can you make an example? I can't seem to find it.

Here is one.

Other dates / routes give other prices.

lost_in_translation Dec 10, 2016 11:26 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 27592413)
Except I have meetings and am interviewing a couple of people for analyst positions in nottingham until 3pm on Thursday. Flight is 11:30am on Friday. Might be able to catch the last Vueling to Rome from Gatwick, or AZ to Milan from LCY or LHR with AZ points.

Ouch.

B747forever Dec 10, 2016 11:32 am

Just checked AZs twitter account, and I have to say that I am positively surprised that nobody has asked about this fare or indicated that it might be a mistake. You almost always see somebody asking that during an ongoing mistake fare.