FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

princesakura Dec 10, 2016 10:25 am

Booked the following four consecutive itineraries to take an Italian detour on the way to hanami in Kyushu in March and Kanto in April. Total ~$2600. Will credit all Skyteam/EY to KE; ~6% closer to Morning Calm Premium if all is flown. Will position into Italy once and position out of Germany once hopefully using awards. Happy bookings to all.

FLR-FCO-AUH-SFO (AZ/EY)
SFO-AUH-DUS (EY)
This routing still book-able for ~550£ on ebookers by selecting preferred airline as EY and then testing dates. Otherwise you see AF angled-flat to SFO and perhaps BA or SK on return.

FLR-CDG-ICN-FUK (AF/KE)
KIX-ICN-FCO-DUS (KE/AZ)
Was search-able 8 hours ago to various southern Japanese airports but may be dead now.

FLR-FCO-AUH-SFO (AZ/EY)
SFO-AUH-DUS (EY)

FLR-FCO-NRT (AZ)
NRT-DUS (NH)

mercflight Dec 10, 2016 10:27 am

Nothing fancy but got perfect dates in April, just what I needed: FLR - AMS - CPT - AMS - DUS for 2 pax at $850 each. Return leg on KLM 787. Booked through Expedia US, ticketed within 30 minutes, seats assigned and all.

GoAround2 Dec 10, 2016 10:28 am

Originally Posted by bison1847 (Post 27591410)
Just curious about the post a page back where someone said one of their Orbitz flights was canceled? Did you already receive the ticket numbers and final PNRS? Or was it still waiting to ticket? Also which orbitz site did you use? What was the route that was canceled?

-Used Orbitz.com (US site), itin was FLR-HKG / BKK-DUS. It was ticketed and afterwards showed being cancelled. No email about it, happened to notice it when checking the booking at Orbitz.

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 10:29 am

Originally Posted by christravelblog (Post 27592146)
AFTER submitting CC details the error comes

Ah, not quite willing to test it that far, so I will take your word for it and think of something more meaningful to do with my Saturday night. :D

Good luck to all those who got one or more. Lets be good sports about it when they don't get honoured. ^

So far it looks good for my 3 bookings. Only 'issues' are seat selection on the KE flights under the AZ codeshare and on the AF flights under the AZ codeshare. Not something to worry about now. Or this year even.

headingwest Dec 10, 2016 10:31 am

Wow, am I late to the party!? :D

Anything still bookable to Japan?

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 10:33 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 27592201)
Wow, am I late to the party!? :D

Anything still bookable to Japan?

No Japan left

topcat_dcx Dec 10, 2016 10:33 am

Last night I was feeling crazy enough to almost book FLR-SIN-HKG-TYO-SYD/AKL-AUH/HKG/TYO-DPS
How would I explain that to the kiddos?? :)

ManFactSpendLA Dec 10, 2016 10:34 am

Just booked FLO - LAX on AF and then LAX - DUS on Eithad. Got eticket numbers from travelup. Booked last week of December and return in May. Fingers crossed this sticks.

headingwest Dec 10, 2016 10:35 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 27592205)
No Japan left

What a shame. Next time!

Best of luck everyone ^

ottorockit Dec 10, 2016 10:36 am

Anyway, if they don't honnor I guess AZ get a hard time because EU customers are very well protect when it comes to this kind of things. 600-900 euro for a plane ticket is still not nothing.

Curious how this all will work out....

TheRiverCard Dec 10, 2016 10:37 am

Would it be correct for me assume that there are also no HKG or any BA related routes left in general (Apart from ones to US)?

nufnuf77 Dec 10, 2016 10:40 am

Originally Posted by TheRiverCard (Post 27592227)
Would it be correct for me assume that there are also no HKG or any BA related routes left in general (Apart from ones to US)?

BA can still be routed on, especially in south america, few deals left.

Desdinova Dec 10, 2016 10:45 am

Originally Posted by mercflight (Post 27592172)
Nothing fancy but got perfect dates in April, just what I needed: FLR - AMS - CPT - AMS - DUS for 2 pax at $850 each. Return leg on KLM 787. Booked through Expedia US, ticketed within 30 minutes, seats assigned and all.

Did you book this today, in the past hour or two?
TIA

zoqfotpik Dec 10, 2016 10:46 am

I booked my tickets hastily when the deal first came out. I was not even sure if I can really go on the dates I picked, so I decided to cancel my trip. :(

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ottorockit (Post 27592222)
Anyway, if they don't honnor I guess AZ get a hard time because EU customers are very well protect when it comes to this kind of things. 600-900 euro for a plane ticket is still not nothing.

Curious how this all will work out....

In this case, €450 / €900 is nothing. Especially if you look at the €900 itins.

They can simply be cancelled. Like many, many times before. There is no protection for this. Don't start marching towards the courthouse, as that is pretty pointless. :)

Just hope for the best and expect nothing.