FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

christravelblog Dec 10, 2016 11:32 am

Hey guys, wake up...... you can still book if you START in DUS.....and end in FLR
didn't check all but i booked to EZE (JUST NOW!!! via ebookers) about 800 UKP.
it's a bit more, but i'll take it AZ there, KL back

Ned1968 Dec 10, 2016 11:35 am

DUS-JFK-FLR for £535 still live on ebookers 14/15 April - outward on OW, return on Alitalia/AF

CAWineNerd Dec 10, 2016 11:36 am

It shows on ebookers, but you will not be able to book it.

vincewy Dec 10, 2016 11:38 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby (Post 27592430)
Here is one.

Other dates / routes give other prices.

If you look at this carefully, nearly all of the sub 1000 UKP fares have AZ involved so this is definitely part of the error fares. Next lowest is more like 2300 UKP from IB/AA.

Originally Posted by christravelblog (Post 27592464)
Hey guys, wake up...... you can still book if you START in DUS.....and end in FLR
didn't check all but i booked to EZE (JUST NOW!!! via ebookers) about 800 UKP.
it's a bit more, but i'll take it AZ there, KL back

This is correct but unlike Expedia in US you don't have 24-hour think/regret/change mind luxury for free, I just figured I'll have at least some use of the ticket before I pulled the trigger. At Expedia I booked 8 trips but ended up keeping only 1 I want, no way would I do this with eBookers if none gets cancelled/revoked (although unlikely).

Mauibaby2008 Dec 10, 2016 11:38 am

I'm a little disappointed after I booked just the following after seeing everybody else's creative routings :(

FLR - BKK (operated by Air France) AZ #
BKK - DUS Cathay

For $708 however my question is about crediting to Alaska. Assuming the first legs on AF metal do not automatically credit, I send in the boarding passes, and Alaska generally credits based on operating airline, right? This will be the difference between a great deal and an amazing deal 😀

tmpvt Dec 10, 2016 11:38 am

Well DUS-JFK-FLR could be a good positioning flight for me as I come from Germany and have to get to Florence!:D:D

Ned1968 Dec 10, 2016 11:41 am

Originally Posted by CAWineNerd (Post 27592478)
It shows on ebookers, but you will not be able to book it.

Looks bookable to me. I booked FLR-SFO/SEA-DUS and FLR-BOS-DUS; failed to accept the final stage on Chrome, but IE went through and I have emails with ticket numbers for both trips. I don't need JFK as well or I'd push the button on that too

christravelblog Dec 10, 2016 11:41 am

Originally Posted by vincewy (Post 27592486)
This is correct but unlike Expedia in US you don't have 24-hour think/regret/change mind luxury for free, I just figured I'll have at least some use of the ticket before I pulled the trigger. At Expedia I booked 8 trips but ended up keeping only 1 I want, no way would I do this with eBookers if none gets cancelled/revoked (although unlikely).

i have no flexibility i need to make about 8-10 flights a year to conferences. I just book those. if cancelled; better luck next time. if ok good.

so i'm set for 2017. lets cross fingers.

ManFactSpendLA Dec 10, 2016 11:46 am

I can only imagine how bad this is. Yesterday on my EY flight from AUH - DUS the cabin was pretty much open, now on expert flyer 10 seats have been taken and my 2 makes 12. WOW!

CosmicGirl Dec 10, 2016 11:46 am

Originally Posted by tmpvt (Post 27592488)
Well DUS-JFK-FLR could be a good positioning flight for me as I come from Germany and have to get to Florence!:D:D

Why did I not think of this :D

BA6501 Dec 10, 2016 11:48 am

If AZ decide not to cancel these, would we be informed or would just see that our bookings have not been cancelled?

henkybaby Dec 10, 2016 11:50 am

Originally Posted by tmpvt (Post 27592488)

Wow. That made a scary amount of sense to me. Much more than it should have. :cool:

Gnopps Dec 10, 2016 11:51 am

An idea how to get in on the original deal still

An idea that should work in theory on how to book any itinerary still:

The fare is still available, only most long-haul fuel surcharges have been increased. The fare is fully flexible, full cancellation and rebooking allowed. Booking intra-Europe or certain long-haul destinations is possible at sub €500. This opens for a possibility to get in on the deal also now that it is "too late".

Ticket changes on unused tickets are priced according to the applicable fare on the date of the change, i.e. if you book now and change tomorrow when the fare has gone up you will pay the new price.

However, as soon as the first leg has been flown fare recalculation is done using the fare in effect on the day of purchase. I.e. if you buy today, fly tomorrow and then change then the fare will be recalcuated using today's price.

In theory, it is thus possible to book any itineray, (e.g. DUS-LON-ROM-FLR) and then as soon as you have flown the first leg (DUS-LON) you go to the ticket counter and change the rest of the itinerary to something more to your liking and on dates that you like (e.g. DUS-LON-NYC-SEL-PAR-FLR). You should then only be charged the change in taxes and surcharges, which should equal what people have been paying for these crazy itineraries so far.

So this should work in theory. Some problems that may arise are that AZ may not honour any changes but the bigger problem still I'd say is finding an agent who is capable of doing this (both in terms of knowledge on how to work the system to make this happen and being willing to do so). There may also be other ticket changing restrictions like changing a purely eastern hemisphere ticket to whatever and getting the system to allow usage of this fare that has been filed errounesly.

Still, for €400 (+positioning) it might be worth a shot.

TL;DR To get in on the original deal, in theory you can book any itinerary and change the rest of the flights after you've flown the first leg.

christravelblog Dec 10, 2016 11:54 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl (Post 27592518)
Why did I not think of this :D

+1 :D:D:D:D:D

Pete7505 Dec 10, 2016 11:54 am

If this deal is still open, does anybody have a good suggestion on a flight going through Brazil? I were looking at:

FLR-LAX 6/JUL-17
LAX-GRU 10/JUL-17
THE-DUS 2/AUG-17

The thing is that i want to be in brazil at that time, and it doesn't matter to me where i stop over, and how long it takes. The route above was 700 GBP, but i was denied at booking...

any good suggestions on a Brazil route? I wanna fly into basil drouth the 6th of july, and out around 2nd of august? Had one earlier today at around 700 GBP, but i didn't get to book it...