FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

AlicorporateUK Dec 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Both EZE and SCL (departing from DUS) still available for just over 700 GBP.

G

tracon Dec 10, 2016 3:17 pm

ebookers is giving me grief when I try to pay with my Canadian CC or debit.
Any workarounds.
Limits aren't an issue.

steveholt Dec 10, 2016 3:19 pm

U.S. cities which work are generally cities served by AF and/or BA. Cities served by one and not the other (e.g. AUS) are available but it usually adds about £100 to the cost. Booked DUS-LHR-SEA-JFK-CDG-FLR for £643 on a mix of BA and AF.

Krysenok Dec 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 27593278)
Both EZE and SCL (departing from DUS) still available for just over 700 GBP.

G

DUS - SCL - FLR ? Any date example

AlicorporateUK Dec 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Krysenok (Post 27593293)
DUS - SCL - FLR ? Any date example

Departing Sat Jan 28, returning Tue Jan 31, ~600 GBP.

G

staticx813 Dec 10, 2016 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt (Post 27593288)
U.S. cities which work are generally cities served by AF and/or BA. Cities served by one and not the other (e.g. AUS) are available but it usually adds about £100 to the cost. Booked DUS-LHR-SEA-JFK-CDG-FLR for £643 on a mix of BA and AF.

what are your dates? OTA?

beckoa Dec 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by tracon (Post 27593280)
Any workarounds.
Limits aren't an issue.

Did you check for any fraud alerts?

That was my issue initially with an AMEX. Clicked the link and it worked the next try ^

btonkid12345 Dec 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Booked via DL Reservations. Hoping this helps prevent against cancellation. Also all flights on SkyTeam. Agent mentioned a few people called today to book on airlines including South African...

When tried the outbound via FLR and return via DUS, by the time I called, I was 10 minutes too late and it repriced to $5500/ticket.

Tried via DUS outbound and FLR return and it went back to $1100/ticket. This was to CPT/JNB.

Agent said fare was full flex and any refunds of unused segments (even after starting travel) is back to credit card and not back to voucher. Outbound in J, return in C.

BA6501 Dec 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Presumably with a recalculation of the cost of the remaining segments...

Granite64 Dec 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 (Post 27593331)
Booked via DL Reservations. Hoping this helps prevent against cancellation. Also all flights on SkyTeam. Agent mentioned a few people called today to book on airlines including South African...

When tried the outbound via FLR and return via DUS, by the time I called, I was 10 minutes too late and it repriced to $5500/ticket.

Tried via DUS outbound and FLR return and it went back to $1100/ticket. This was to CPT/JNB.

Agent said fare was full flex and any refunds of unused segments (even after starting travel) is back to credit card and not back to voucher. Outbound in J, return in C.

Next time it's better NOT to call..

kingkong123 Dec 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by tropikey (Post 27593258)
FLR-JNB-DUS for EUR 735 is still available, for example at opodo.de.

https://www.kayak.de/flights/FLR-JNB...11-01/business

No.
Click on opodo or Govolo and you will see 1.831 Euro.
It's gone.

SEA-Flyer Dec 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 (Post 27593331)

:(

There are ways to do this without calling: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-lh-lx-tk.html

rankourabu Dec 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by tracon (Post 27593280)
Any workarounds.
Limits aren't an issue.

Amex will send you a fraud alert.
TD Visa went thru just fine.

tropikey Dec 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by kingkong123 (Post 27593364)
No.
Click on opodo or Govolo and you will see 1.831 Euro.
It's gone.

At the time when I searched for this route (less than hour ago), it worked. I clicked on opodo and it showed it available for EUR 733. I didn't book though...

tracon Dec 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 27593321)
Did you check for any fraud alerts?

That was my issue initially with an AMEX. Clicked the link and it worked the next try ^

Called CIBC Visa and they did have a fraud alert.
While on the phone I tried rebooking.
The $30GBP charge from ebookers went through immediately, the charge for the airfare apparently went through.
I still get an error from ebookers saying they can't complete my booking.
Oh well. I tried.

The route for those interested.....
DUS-AB-FCO-AZ-SCL-AM-MEX-AM-YVR....Several months later.....
YVR-BA-LHR-BA-CDG-AF-FLR
704GBP