Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Sharice SB
I just want point out that I believe for MVP Gold, waived cancellation/change fees only applies to the person with the MVP Gold status on the reservation. So if you book a reservation with your SO and your kids and you decide to cancel/change the reservation- you wouldn't pay any fees but the change/cancellation fees would apply to your SO's and kids' tickets.
That's correct. I learned that the hard way recently after (wrongly) assuming it applied to the entire reservation as long as the MVPG member was on it. However the waiver does apply for any award reservation booked out of a Gold account, regardless of who the traveler is and even if the MVPG member is not a traveler. I had previously used this portion of the benefit multiple times for my wife and assumed it would operate the same way for paid reservations as well. That said, it's probably worth a shot to call and try and plead your case and you might end up with a nice enough agent who will try to make it work. Also, the $50 same day confirmed fee is waived for Gold + others in the same reservation.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:57 am

Thank you very much for pointing that out Sharice. Probably wouldn't have realized that and would have learned the hard way. Will be sure to book flights we may need to change w/ miles from my account.

Just got back from my first MR (SEA LIH and return) for $243 rt. Had 60 mins in LIH and the same seats back to SEA. Used it with my friend who is MVPG75k and we used a companion pass to cut that price in half again. Met another MR'er on the flight who was during the same turn. In fact, she did 2 trips to LIH this week! Crazy world we live in
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by CoastieRob
Just got back from my first MR (SEA LIH and return) for $243 rt. Had 60 mins in LIH and the same seats back to SEA. Used it with my friend who is MVPG75k and we used a companion pass to cut that price in half again. Met another MR'er on the flight who was during the same turn. In fact, she did 2 trips to LIH this week! Crazy world we live in
I just did my first MR too - LAX to BOS and return yesterday for $241 RT. Doing that twice before the end of the year to keep Gold. Got lucky and was upgraded both ways, but we were delayed 2.5 hours on the first leg due to Boston weather, making the day even longer than it otherwise would have been. Doing the second one in December (because who doesn't love Boston in December) but this time I'm bringing my significant other on a companion pass for a weekend away.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:06 pm

I was just able to book the following.

12/1 - 12/2

PDX -> EWR*
EWR -> SFO*
SFO -> JFK*
JFK -> LAX*
LAX -> LAS*

* = NonStop.

Total is 10,267 Miles. Leave Saturday Morning. Back to Portland on Sunday night. In total it was $601. I am currently just MVP but by then I should be gold so that should be 100% bonus miles. If anyone is looking for some flights might be possible to do something similar.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I just booked 10/24 3pm - 10/25 6pm BUR-SEA-BOS-PDX-SEA-BUR 7394 miles $292. It took some looking because BUR is very close and easy for me but LAX had the much cheaper flights. Also I did not want to spend the night in on East Coast so went with redeye/quick turnaround. The return into BUR with a stop in PDX which I was looking for popped up at $151 instead of $250-300 so I jumped on it.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Once again, yearly MVP gold run have to start, Now Need 3000 miles to MVP, 28000 to MVP gold, base SIN, KUL, or any southeast countries.

Any recommand? except qantas. if long haul, PE will be better. THank you for your help.

Qantas not easy to find cheap ticket now.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
What are some good flights to earn EQM going from California to Asia?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:40 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
There are discounted PE/J tickets on SQ SIN-EWr right now. Also, if you can position to CMB or PEK, i recently booked J class Cathay Pacific PEK-HKG-ORD RT for 1580USD tax incl. that is 23000EQM and 60000 award miles (based on 100% bonus miles 100% MVP Gold and 25% Class of service bonus). AND you get to enjoy CX Business class (and their new dine-on-demand service HKG-ORD), its totally worth it.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:41 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
There are discounted PE/J tickets on SQ SIN-EWr right now. Also, if you can position to CMB or PEK, i recently booked J class Cathay Pacific PEK-HKG-ORD RT for 1580USD tax incl. that is 23000EQM and 60000 award miles (based on 100% bonus miles 100% MVP Gold and 25% Class of service bonus). AND you get to enjoy CX Business class (and their new dine-on-demand service HKG-ORD), its totally worth it.
My mistake, its 2300USD
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:47 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Originally Posted by hellointer
Once again, yearly MVP gold run have to start, Now Need 3000 miles to MVP, 28000 to MVP gold, base SIN, KUL, or any southeast countries.

Any recommand? except qantas. if long haul, PE will be better. THank you for your help.

Qantas not easy to find cheap ticket now.
I just found an even cheaper option: Condor KUL-FRA Business Class RT 1500USD 50K award miles (300% + 100% MVPG) and 25K EQM (100%+100% class of service bonus). PE at 125% miles and 850USD.
https://www.google.com/flights?gl=us...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:48 am

OMG, that is great...condor is a ....., when you book on it, the price go higher and higher

Last edited by hellointer; Oct 8, 2018 at 8:53 am
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I just found an even cheaper option: Condor KUL-FRA Business Class RT 1500USD 50K award miles (300% + 100% MVPG) and 25K EQM (100%+100% class of service bonus). PE at 125% miles and 850USD.
That's a really good deal. But I want to make just 1 RT starting in the USA.

When searching Condor deals, do you just use Condor's website? Frankfurt is too cold in Nov. I wonder if there are similar deals with connecting flights to Southern EU.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by eethan
What are some good flights to earn EQM going from California to Asia?
There are still a few dates for a LAS-PEK run in J on AA if you have an open availability. You wouldn't earn AS miles on LAS-LAX, but you *should* earn 150% EQM on the LAX-PEK-LAX legs - getting ~18.7K EQM for ~$2K.

AA Vacations RDU/MCO/LAS - PEK - $1915 R/T Business Class
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...-1808-r-t.html

Example: https://goo.gl/flights/mCLPA
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:16 pm

do you have other option? condor is a liar when you book, it ask for 400 eur more for PE
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:54 am

Considering a lax - bos mileage run. Same day turnaround with only a 65 min gap between arriving in and departing from Bos.

has anyone done this before? It's certainly tight, but if the gates are near each other, it seems doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.