Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA/AA/DL/UA - Business Class RDU - PEK from $1808 R/T

Old Aug 10, 18, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Apologize if this was posted earlier because it looks like its been around since June 29 per fare rules for united.

Cheapest Option - $1807.89
United Polaris - $2029.09
American Airlines - $2029.09
Japan Airlines - $2079.52

Arrival: Beijing (PEK)

Departure: June 29 - October 4 and October 16 - November 30

Minimum Stay: 12 hours

Maximum Stay: 6 months

Book by August 31, 2018 or sooner as it could be pulled before then

Full Disclosure: Im a writer for SamChui.com: https://wp.me/p7kMni-5h2

Edit* - Loyalty Lobby Caught it yesterday from LAS as well
bivinco and NJSwamplands like this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 10, 18 at 10:59 am Reason: TOS 7 and 10
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:14 am
Original Poster

For anyone struggling to find that JAL link - heres an unaffiliated version
For all the others, they are pretty easily available via google flights.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 10, 18 at 11:39 pm Reason: Remove deleted quote
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:17 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA AC
Wow that is tempting!
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:35 am

Programs: United Platinum, National Executive, Marriott Gold
A couple questions for the community:

Question 1) I had booked this fare RDU-IAD-PEK-IAD-RDU to fly on the 787 but after some research it seems one needs a Visa if they are coming in/out to the same country. Based on that I've switched to RDU-IAD-PEK-NRT-IAD-RDU
**Does this clear me of the Visa requirement? (I think so, appreciate fact checkers!)

Question 2) My last leg (IAD-RDU) has a connection in EWR (so it's really RDU-IAD-PEK-NRT-IAD-EWR-RDU).
**If I take the first 5 flights but don't take the 6th.... Do I still get all the PQM and PQD for the first 5? (based on my research here I think so, but would be great to confirm!)

I'm booked Aug 27-29!
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IlanDC View Post
A couple questions for the community:

Question 1) I had booked this fare RDU-IAD-PEK-IAD-RDU to fly on the 787 but after some research it seems one needs a Visa if they are coming in/out to the same country. Based on that I've switched to RDU-IAD-PEK-NRT-IAD-RDU
**Does this clear me of the Visa requirement? (I think so, appreciate fact checkers!)

Question 2) My last leg (IAD-RDU) has a connection in EWR (so it's really RDU-IAD-PEK-NRT-IAD-EWR-RDU).
**If I take the first 5 flights but don't take the 6th.... Do I still get all the PQM and PQD for the first 5? (based on my research here I think so, but would be great to confirm!)

I'm booked Aug 27-29!
1. Yes, but it may be slightly difficult to convince the check-in agent of this, especially in RDU.
2. Almost always yes. Airlines frown on this, but if you're doing it for the first time you should be fine.
Old Aug 10, 18, 1:04 pm

Programs: United Platinum, National Executive, Marriott Gold
"1. Yes, but it may be slightly difficult to convince the check-in agent of this, especially in RDU."

....that's a really good point - I can imagine my trip coming to a screeching halt as I try to get an agent in RDU to look at a Chinese website on my phone!

Anyone every flown to China without a Visa and had issues boarding their flight in the US?
Old Aug 10, 18, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

"1. Yes, but it may be slightly difficult to convince the check-in agent of this, especially in RDU."

....that's a really good point - I can imagine my trip coming to a screeching halt as I try to get an agent in RDU to look at a Chinese website on my phone!

Anyone every flown to China without a Visa and had issues boarding their flight in the US?
I did it 2 years ago. Flew BOS-JFK-HKG-PVG the AAgents held me up while they figured it out. Eventually the station manager said it was fine when they checked into the validity of what I was saying and they figured if I got stuck in HKG it wasnt really their problem. When I connected in JFK the CX agents had no issues at all as they had been trained. Id hope that AA has this more down now that the program has been around longer but just budget and extra 30 minutes to be safe
Old Aug 10, 18, 7:04 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Can anyone post the routing rules for RDU-PEK and LAS-PEK for UA?
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:25 pm

Is there any way to start in LAS + get a stopover in HKG + fly at least some segment in CX?

Last edited by Barkinpark; Aug 11, 18 at 6:44 am
Old Aug 11, 18, 12:29 am

Programs: Lots

I tried and was unsuccessful checking in at SAN about a year and a half ago despite calling the EXP desk and having someone provide the relevant section of Timatic to the check in agent. There was a thread in the AA forum where someone else had a similar situation. I ended up having my flight refunded easily but as I recall he had more problems.

Per the TWOV program you should be fine but as mentioned the check in agent may not be the best and brightest so best bet is to just get the visa. If you actually have a stop over in NRT you probably have a better chance but if it’s just a connection they may try to tell you it’s not your destination and doesn’t count for TWOV, in fact people may tell you that in this very thread. Don’t believe them, they are wrong.
Old Aug 11, 18, 3:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
I was first intrigued when Steven posted last Sunday about the BOS/BWI/RDU/IND-ICN BC fares. Especially being Cincinnati based, I could fly out of Indy without having to reposition. My hold up was just the availability only going out to November (I'm about out of vacation for this year with the future travel I currently have booked). So, this would be kind of an unplanned trip for me (although specific to this deal, l've been to Beijing (in 2013) and would love to go back some time soon).

Given that, am not really interested in paying even 2k for UA Polaris (even the actual hard product) when I've got a fairly healthy stash of UA miles and a saver award can be found (especially with the credit card availability) to almost anywhere at any time.

I was, however, intrigued by the DL options to fly the One Suite on A350. I flew the first reposition from DTW-LAX back on July 1 and was very very impressed with the hard product. Would love to get the full/soft product experience. When I first start looking (months ago), awards for this 'flagship' could be had for 90k-110k OW. Now, I'm not seeing anything lower than 280k (and that's for DTW-AMS. All other routes are 300k). RTs are looking between 315k (a couple dates for DTW-PEK in the next 3 months) - 600k. Could probably be convinced to book on this current deal if I could route on the A350/flagship. However, routings through DTW seem to jack up the price.

Greg
Old Aug 11, 18, 6:16 am

Programs: DL DM 2million AA EXP, SPG Platinum SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diam
The D1 suite is not worth it IMO. It is very cramped. No storage. It is new so many think that makes it great. The door adds very little.
Old Aug 11, 18, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm, SPG Gold
For the AA deal, does anyone know how to force a stopover in HKG without breaking the fare? It seems allowed by the fare rules (AA ILX08DN1):

2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH
DIRECTION AT THE GATEWAY IN AREA 3 AT USD 100.00
EACH.
I don't seem to be able to get the same fare if I add a stop in HKG though.

Last edited by emcat; Aug 11, 18 at 8:49 am Reason: format
Old Aug 11, 18, 7:21 pm

I did this last year from Boston, and they accepted my explanation (as I had the flight from Newark to Shanghai. United, of course.) The boarding in Newark checked my connections thoroughly and let me board after few minute delay. No issue for me. But I was concerned.
Old Aug 13, 18, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 MillionMiler; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sgan317 View Post
I did it 2 years ago. Flew BOS-JFK-HKG-PVG the AAgents held me up while they figured it out. Eventually the station manager said it was fine when they checked into the validity of what I was saying and they figured if I got stuck in HKG it wasnt really their problem. When I connected in JFK the CX agents had no issues at all as they had been trained. Id hope that AA has this more down now that the program has been around longer but just budget and extra 30 minutes to be safe
I did BOS-DTW-PEK last year and Boston agent wouldnt let me through. I came prepared with the 72 hour no visa thing website and showed it to her. She then got her supervisor and they all agreed to let me pass. But it took about 25 minutes.

I'm doing the same route in October of this year and just decided to get a 10 year visa. Much better when you get to customs as Biz class gets their own line if you have a tourist visa. If you don't, EVERYBODY is lumped together for the 72 hour no visa transit line. ICK!
Barkinpark and NJSwamplands like this.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: