Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 18, 11:23 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustykettel
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon, Skywest or Virgin America and Virgin America flights operated by Virgin America), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 9, 16, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for Alaska Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.
Old Sep 11, 16, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I status matched to AS. Didn't realize it expires this year as I planned on using AS mostly next year. I am guessing I cant status match next year either. I think I would be able to make a lot of use out of MVP Gold so I would like to make that. I need roughly ~40K miles which I calculated it to be worth it.

Departure Airport: AUS/DFW/NYC/IAH (can reposition if needed)
Miles needed: ~40K
Budget: < $2,500
Travel dates: flexible except before end of Nov as I am out of the country
Codeshare: ok
Old Sep 11, 16, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by ss2000 View Post
I status matched to AS. Didn't realize it expires this year as I planned on using AS mostly next year. I am guessing I cant status match next year either. I think I would be able to make a lot of use out of MVP Gold so I would like to make that. I need roughly ~40K miles which I calculated it to be worth it.

Departure Airport: AUS/DFW/NYC/IAH (can reposition if needed)
Miles needed: ~40K
Budget: < $2,500
Travel dates: flexible except before end of Nov as I am out of the country
Codeshare: ok
I maybe wrong, but i think 40k applies to AS operated flights only. You would need at least 50k to qualify for MVP Gold if you fly on partner airlines.

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 11, 16 at 7:52 pm
Old Sep 11, 16, 6:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
JFK-SEA-JFK is $279 for same day return on October 15, 17, 18, 22-25, 29-31, and quite a few days in early November, 4820 miles. SEA-LAX-SEA is reasonably priced and you may be able to fit this in as part of your JFK-SEA-JFK trip. You can also look into the various premium fare trips from LAX on AA -
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...own-miles.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...8-9k-eqms.html
Old Sep 11, 16, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik View Post
I maybe wrong, but i think 40k applies to AS operated flights only. You would need at least 50k to qualify for MVP Gold if you fly on partner airlines.
I have about 10K already on Alaska that I flew so I need about 40K more. Ideally, I would rather do couple of premium ones so I can actually enjoy it and wont take up too much time. I am checking out the Ecuador/Panama ones, to see if they might work. Any other recommendations are welcome!
Old Sep 13, 16, 12:28 am

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed:9000
Required Spend or Budget: <$800
Available Travel Dates: Weekends, not the weekends of 10/8 11/5 12/3 12/10
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: alternatively 11k on alaska partners

I think I could figure this out myself, and have it cost $1000, so seeing if y'all can help. Leaving friday afternoons or arriving monday mornings is fine.
Old Sep 13, 16, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Cnagreenberet View Post
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed:9000
Required Spend or Budget: <$800
Available Travel Dates: Weekends, not the weekends of 10/8 11/5 12/3 12/10
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: alternatively 11k on alaska partners

I think I could figure this out myself, and have it cost $1000, so seeing if y'all can help. Leaving friday afternoons or arriving monday mornings is fine.
AS has a sale on NYC flights from West Coast. You can fly SEA-JFK for as low as $139usd o/w. If you do two roundtrips ($556 total), it should earn you ~9,600 miles.
Old Sep 13, 16, 2:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
For those looking to do the transcon, there's a NYC sale now to/from cities like SEA/PDX/SAN. Starts at 119 o/w

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ci...ts-to/new-york
Old Sep 13, 16, 10:31 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by solewalker View Post
For those looking to do the transcon, there's a NYC sale now to/from cities like SEA/PDX/SAN. Starts at 119 o/w

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ci...ts-to/new-york
Thanks!!
Old Sep 14, 16, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, HH Dia, Marriott safety glasses, IHG, Nexus, *$ Au
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik View Post
You're not wrong. I added a wikipost as I'm sure this will come up again.
Old Sep 14, 16, 10:14 pm

I saw a YYZ - HNL that went through ATL on Delta. It was business class (P fare). I am assuming that would count as 200% for Alaska? I am not too familiar with Alaska but someone correct me if I am wrong. I think that may yield ~20K miles or so..
Old Sep 15, 16, 12:19 am

I saw a YYZ - HNL that went through ATL on Delta. It was business class (P fare). I am assuming that would count as 200% for Alaska? I am not too familiar with Alaska but someone correct me if I am wrong. I think that may yield ~20K miles or so..
P fare does earn 200% but it's a first class not business fare (which earn 125-175%). Are all segments in P?

Full chart for Delta earnings on AS here.
Old Sep 15, 16, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
P fare does earn 200% but it's a first class not business fare (which earn 125-175%). Are all segments in P?

Full chart for Delta earnings on AS here.
Yes I know on the chart it says P is first class and earns 100%. I searched for business class but since its a 2 class configuration I am guessing its considered first class? That's why I was a bit unsure.

YYZ to HNL rt is about $1,100 with a lie flat from atl to hnl. Is that considered a good fare?
Old Sep 15, 16, 12:12 pm

Yes I know on the chart it says P is first class and earns 100%. I searched for business class but since its a 2 class configuration I am guessing its considered first class? That's why I was a bit unsure.

YYZ to HNL rt is about $1,100 with a lie flat from atl to hnl. Is that considered a good fare?
Gotcha. Mentioned that because I've found mixed business/first itineraries when searching for one or the other. Would be a little bit of a disappointment to credit 125% when expecting 200%.

YYZ-ATL-HNL RT in P would be about ~20964EQM for 5.25cpm. Not bad at all and lie flat from ATL-HNL...
Old Sep 15, 16, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Platinum
i booked a LAX-BWI turn for $210...1.5 hours on the ground in BWI.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: