Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by tylerf08
Departure Airport: PDX
Miles Needed: 10,000
Budget: < $750, if possible
Available Travel Dates: weekends preferred, but generally flexible (from now to end of the year)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS Only

Trying to hit MVP Gold for the first time - appreciate the help!!
Look at PDX-JFK and/or PDX-EWR the first and second weekend in December. Two r/t should just about do it, but you may need to add an extra SEA-PDX segment in there.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by barabuski
That's crazy, but I like it. Thanks! Hard to believe a 1 hour layover would be legal. There's no chance you clear customs both ways in that time! Maybe worth it and hope they put you up in a hotel when you misconnect?
I did international arrivals at SYD from the US & HKG and MEL from HKG last month. One in SYD was a transit. If you have an eligible E-passport clearing immigration takes about 3 minutes without talking to anyone. If you don't have checked baggage add 1-3 minutes for customs depending on queue.

QF doesn't open boarding until 45 minutes before departure on International and 20 minutes on Domestic. I think one hour is more than sufficient for a connection. I haven't transited MEL so I can't speak to that.

At least with QF a mile is a mile. FJ via NAN might also be an option.

James
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hellointer
Thank you, but cannot see from PEK to LAX this year for 1298 any more.
BOM/MAA LAX should be dead.
SQ PE is not able to credit in AS.
AMD-SIN-EWR
No Y on this flight. The J fare is only $1300. No COS to AS though. 100%, 0%, as EQM + 100% + Elite % as RDM.

James
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Consider LAX-SJO 2751 miles each way. Saturday Dec 8 same day return $389.62 will give you 5502 EQM.

James
How’s the customs & immigration with a same day turn in SJO? I’ve always wondered with your suggestions of that route for a same day return.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:21 am

Mileage Run

Hello! First time user, looking for some creative assistance to retain MVP Gold for 2019 .

​​Departure Airport: Seattle (SEA)
Miles Needed: 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: Open
Available Travel Dates: now until December 31

I'm currently MVP Gold. Im open to domestic or international flights as long as it's a good deal . Any assistance would be much appreciated .
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
LAX Mileage Run

LAX-PHL-LAX
4780 EQM
$172
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by TravelJunkie35
Hello! First time user, looking for some creative assistance to retain MVP Gold for 2019 .

​​Departure Airport: Seattle (SEA)
Miles Needed: 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: Open
Available Travel Dates: now until December 31

I'm currently MVP Gold. Im open to domestic or international flights as long as it's a good deal . Any assistance would be much appreciated .
Welcome to Flyer Talk! Here are some options (and you might want to look up thread as well):
The uninteresting: SEA-BOS x4 - many dates at $210 r/t -> $840 total (4.2 cpm EQM, 2.1 cpm RDM)
The slightly more interesting: SEA-LAX-PHL x3 - fewer dates at $340 r/t -> $1020
The business deal: SEA-LAS r/t AS Nov 5-8, LAS-PEK r/t on AA & JL Nov 6-Nov 8 (https://goo.gl/flights/nKprW - should be eligible for Chinese transit visa with this routing) ~$2300. Can't credit the domestic AA legs to AS, but the rest should be >20K EQM. Probably even cheaper with the AA Vacations trick (AA Vacations RDU/MCO/LAS - PEK - $1915 R/T Business Class).
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; AAdvantage;Delta Silver
Sigh, from JNU...

Departure Airport: JNU
Miles Needed: 5,529
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest
Available Travel Dates: Now through EOY
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Ugh, missed the Hawaii sale and wanted to go. Ah well, but maybe some suggestions from this group here on fun day trips from Seattle - ideally ones with good chances of an upgrade. I can get the miles easily, but maybe there's a creative route or firesale out there that I'm missing. My default is a r/t trip to SFO, but would love some other ideas.

Departure Airport: Seattle (SEA)
Miles Needed: 1,350 (AS or partner ok)
Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Weekends, either same day turn or an overnight
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by leland
Ugh, missed the Hawaii sale and wanted to go. Ah well, but maybe some suggestions from this group here on fun day trips from Seattle - ideally ones with good chances of an upgrade. I can get the miles easily, but maybe there's a creative route or firesale out there that I'm missing. My default is a r/t trip to SFO, but would love some other ideas.

Departure Airport: Seattle (SEA)
Miles Needed: 1,350 (AS or partner ok)
Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Weekends, either same day turn or an overnight
As far as cheap goes, based on a quick scan it doesn't look like anything will beat SFO (including in terms of time). You could do SEA-SFO-SEA on a same day turn for $131 on 12/1 if you want weekend, or $103 if you can swing a Tues/Wed on 12/3 or 12/4. And SFO would get you the closest possible without "wasting" EQMs that won't help you towards the next level. I believe SEA-SFO is 678 OW, 1356 RT -- talk about cutting it close with the 1350 you need!
leland likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan
LAX-PHL-LAX
4780 EQM
$172
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!
Right, good deal! Just locked in a o/w to PHL in December.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by sueinjuneau
Departure Airport: JNU
Miles Needed: 5,529
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest
Available Travel Dates: Now through EOY
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS
Thanks!
There's probably SOMETHING cheaper out there, but logistically JNU-SEA-JFK r/t is probably the simplest. Dec 4-5 r/t is $520.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: Alaska, SPG
Looking to get my first status

I'm so close and would love to be able to have any status at all next year. To get MVP I need

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 5,390 (AS only) or 10,380 (AS + partners)
Required Spend or Budget: under $500
Available Travel Dates: weekends preferred but flexible until 12/18
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: see above
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by mrsmcdoguall
I'm so close and would love to be able to have any status at all next year. To get MVP I need

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 5,390 (AS only) or 10,380 (AS + partners)
Required Spend or Budget: under $500
Available Travel Dates: weekends preferred but flexible until 12/18
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: see above
Look at SEA-BOS with a PDX stop on either the outbound or inbound. Probably Dec 1-2 or 7-8. Should be >5400 miles and well under $500. Then, welcome to MVP!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Need some ideas for earning 10K in minimum time (and BIS) from LAX.
I can do a couple relatively inexpensive east coast runs but the idea of doing two 12 h days in coach sounds painful. PE to PEK or PVG on AA is possible but again this is 2x12 h...
Anything reasonably priced in F in AS with around 6K miles that will credit 175%?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.