Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:20 pm

I've ended up upgraded to first 5 times so far on 10 legs, including SFO to HNL and HNL to LAX. Also, when because of said family stuff I debated until the last minute going to HNL and I got there during the final announcement I saw I had two missed calls, and I called back and it turned out it was the gate agent. I also once got to go into first first to scope out the seats when my bursitis acted up. on MVP alone it felt like a ton of value and service.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PRoth59
I've ended up upgraded to first 5 times so far on 10 legs, including SFO to HNL and HNL to LAX.
Awesome ^ That is some good MRing!! Good luck with the rest.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by felanor
I was also curious - does anyone know if Miles & Money award tickets still award EQMs? I know Miles Only tickets don't, but if Miles & Money do, I'm also okay using miles to bump up to the next tier of status (currently MVP, hoping for MVP Gold)

I realize you already found your MR (welcome to Gold!), but to answer your question M&M tickets earn 100% of the flown distance just like a cash ticket.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:31 am

I'm pushing for 75K and can do business travel next week JFK-SEA thru LAX (6880 EQM). That'll get me short 198 miles of 75K. Will AS bump me to MVP75K even though I'm short 198 miles? And, if they do that, do they also give the 50K bonus miles?

I'm based out of NYC and travel to SEA for work often. I did this week a SEA-LIH run (overnight) for $390 and want to make sure I get the 50K bonus to make it worth the cost of the mileage runs.

I'm currently short 7078 of 75K and will travel next week to SEA. If I have to go over 75K to get the 50K bonus, I can do NYC-SEA without a stopover (4842 EQM), and something in the 1100 range out of SEA. Like SEA-OMA or SEA-SAT.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:06 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
call in to see
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by nycred
I'm pushing for 75K and can do business travel next week JFK-SEA thru LAX (6880 EQM). That'll get me short 198 miles of 75K. Will AS bump me to MVP75K even though I'm short 198 miles? And, if they do that, do they also give the 50K bonus miles?

I'm based out of NYC and travel to SEA for work often. I did this week a SEA-LIH run (overnight) for $390 and want to make sure I get the 50K bonus to make it worth the cost of the mileage runs.

I'm currently short 7078 of 75K and will travel next week to SEA. If I have to go over 75K to get the 50K bonus, I can do NYC-SEA without a stopover (4842 EQM), and something in the 1100 range out of SEA. Like SEA-OMA or SEA-SAT.
Or add a PDX segment into your JFK-LAX-SEA
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DrAlex
Or add a PDX segment into your JFK-LAX-SEA
That's not always easy. Use ITA Matrix with the advanced routing code AS+ OR AS AS AS to find the best route with an additional segment. Then put it into GF via multi city mode.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: AS Peon
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 4459 (3408 if a much better option at this distance exists)
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Most weekends 1/1-3/31 except MLK and President's day weekend
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS only

Corporate fast track to MVPG requires 10k by 3/31, so I'm hoping to get to that. Best option I've found so far is $171 to RDU ($231 if I want main cabin though...) on a few Saturdays in January and February. May consider paying a bit more for less travel time, and needs to be same day turn or my cat will be unhappy about missing a meal. Oh, and I know its unlikely, but I'd love to find an option that I might be able to get an upgrade as MVP to make it a bit more comfortable.

Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by emag_eh7
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 4459 (3408 if a much better option at this distance exists)
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: Most weekends 1/1-3/31 except MLK and President's day weekend
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS only

Corporate fast track to MVPG requires 10k by 3/31, so I'm hoping to get to that. Best option I've found so far is $171 to RDU ($231 if I want main cabin though...) on a few Saturdays in January and February. May consider paying a bit more for less travel time, and needs to be same day turn or my cat will be unhappy about missing a meal. Oh, and I know its unlikely, but I'd love to find an option that I might be able to get an upgrade as MVP to make it a bit more comfortable.

Thanks!
For shorter distance, saver flights. I tested Saturday R/T there and back on the same plane. Pricier than the RDU flights though.

$238 IAH 3,742 miles
$218 ORD 3,430 miles
$241 AUS 3,536 miles

Happy travels!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:19 pm

As an update for those who were interested, things calmed down enough that I was able to do a quick turnaround if feasible cost-wise. An agent gave me the base fare of my unused return portion of my SF flight as credit, even though it was after the flight and I booked a EWR-SFO RT for $268. with a cheap hotel making up the difference in the refund for the airbnb I had booked for my initial trip I basically spent as much as I would've on my three night trip.

Just got back a few hours ago, re-upped my MVP for next year and was Upgraded to first both to and from SF despite being a lowly MVP. Pretty satisfied.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:54 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Please follow TH e 2019 thread here:

AS: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forums

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.