Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by camilaftlogic

what's the airport hub you are residing at? I'm at SFO so I'll be doing a SFO>JFK, then EWR>SFO on the same day about once a month. It'll net me about 5,136 miles for about $220.99 RT in the middle of the week. Weekend legs for that I think are a little more pricy during the off-peak season being now, so that's a good one at least for those from SFO.
lol, I'm an idiot. I even kept it top of mind to put it down, too. I'm flying out of LAX.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, SPG/RC Platinum
Looking for cheap MR before 4/15 to complete MVP challenge

Departure Airport: ONT, LAX, SNA, BUR, LGB
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: Little as possible
Available Travel Dates: Looking for very short or same day trips between now and end of March when my calendar is packed. Other than that I', fairly open EXCEPT Jan 25-29, March 3-4 and March 9-10. Bonus points if I can end up in Chicago for an extended layover or an overnight sometime between 2/16 and 2/28 but not at all required.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS or VX only Challenge says it needs to be flight #'s:1-999, 2000-2999, 3450-3499 or VX0001-1999

Thanks a ton!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, National Executive
Departure Airport: Bay Area incl. LAX area
Miles Needed: Max
Required Spend or Budget: Min
Available Travel Dates: I have March 30 off so can depart on the evening of March 29, need to return on April 1. Also, am MVP Gold.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, National Executive
Originally Posted by viperbrown
Departure Airport: Bay Area incl. LAX area
Miles Needed: Max
Required Spend or Budget: Min
Available Travel Dates: I have March 30 off so can depart on the evening of March 29, need to return on April 1. Also, am MVP Gold.
Anyone? No one?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:01 am
vji

Departure Airport: LAX+surrounding before June, SFO/SJC/OAK after August
Miles Needed: 11000
Required Spend or Budget: No set budget, but less is better
Available Travel Dates: May-June (except Mother's day) from SoCal, August-December from the Bay (except Thanksgiving weekend), Weekends preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes (AA, VX, etc okay)
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk VJI ^

This won't be too hard, and I recommend getting to know Google Flights. There are some LAX-ANC RT's for about 6cpm in April, and some very good LAX-BOS RT's in April and May. Prices don't drop much if at all when looking out of the SFO area later in the year so I'd get on Google Flights and knock this out from LAX before June.

Good luck!
tobikosan likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plus
Hi Viperbrown. I'm new to flyertalk and to mileage runs, and have a similar goal as you. I'm MVP Gold (as a result of the VX merger) - was never a project to get gold on Virgin as I qualified through segments flying SFO-LAX, and seats purchased with points counted towards status.

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 10K ish beyond regularly scheduled travel to keep my MVP Gold
Depending on how the year goes I may go for 75K
Required Spend or Budget: As little $ as possible
Available Travel Dates: Flexible: looking for least the expenseive same day or overnight trips between now and June - I have to go to DCA + IAD to see family so those are great - I've never been to Alaska and seems possible to do a trip ANC arriving in the morning and departing in the evening. I already fly SFO-LAX ~ once a month, but that's not going to get me very far.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS or VX, going for 40,000 on Alaska metal

Also how often do the flash sales happen? I missed the last one.

Thanks!

Last edited by swervegirl; Apr 15, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:56 pm

Welcome swervegirl

Just do a couple cross country. For example right now LAX/BOS/LAX May 7th 11PM to May 8th just after noon is $229. Half-way there for 13+ hours and $229.

Occasionally price and schedule will line up for a LAX/East Coast/Hawaii/LAX run for about 36 hrs and around $650. That's a grueling schedule, but would get it out of the way in one run.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
@just_jim - what's your search process for those? I'm looking ex-SEA. Looking like no chance for me to maintain 75K, but want to make sure I land at MVPG at least.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:05 pm

A variety of methods. Alaska Air low cost calendar, google flights. Then mess around until you get something that works for you.

If your only goal is maximum miles/minimum cost/minimum time, the answer is complex but straightforward. If you also want to enjoy the trip it gets complicated.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Thanks, brute force it is
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by leland
Thanks, brute force it is
And it depends on if you want to see a little bit of your destination or just fly. I see that the sub $300 fares to JFK reappear from September onwards and you can either do a day run or red eye. BOS too here and there (super easy to get into town on the free Silver Line) . And there are some $225 same evening flights to ANC in June. Not as many miles as to JFK but if you want to see midnight sun, here's your chance. And...one last possible destination available as a day run: DFW!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
Alaska air mileage run

Hey guys. New to this forum.
I need 33k alaska Miles by the year end for a gold mvp. Willing to spend upto $2500 (is that enough)?

Are there any good fares ex bos or ex-nyc??
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jiteshjerome
Hey guys. New to this forum.
I need 33k alaska Miles by the year end for a gold mvp. Willing to spend upto $2500 (is that enough)?

Are there any good fares ex bos or ex-nyc??
$2500 is more than sufficient, but 33k miles is quite a time commitment...

BOS-SEA roundtrips are running for $244 on some dates - 7 roundtrips ($1700) should get you your 33k miles.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:11 am

There are also some Bos-Hawaii (HNL, OGG, KOA, LIH) for under $600 in September. Some are doable as leave early morning get back that evening.
Price per mile isn't as good, but you can cut the time commitment considerably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.