Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jjmill203
Reposting since it seemed to have died after someone asked me about PQD...

Departure Airport: DEN
Miles Needed: about 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: $1,000
Available Travel Dates: weekends thru Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: yes as long as it allows me to earn PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: None

I would love to find something in biz class, and would be willing to spend 50%+ more to fly more comfortably for the miles run. Not that big a deal though if I have to fly economy plus. I have $10k PQD and 70k miles scheduled already and plan to book at least another $1k and 10k miles in business trips through year end. I would love to get back to 1k status. Please help. Thank you!
Hmm, I can find some DEN - TPE trips that would get you 14k for $692, and one DEN - SJU trip that would get you 6400 for $390. Both on weekends. SJU is $280 on weekdays. I'm sure others can find better results.

DEN - TPE

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...121*.USD.69121

DEN - SJU

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...980*.USD.38980
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:07 pm

Departure Airport: ROC
Miles Needed: any
Required Spend or Budget: Have $500 in credit expiring 1 September. Must book by then
Available Travel Dates: This year, week days preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA preferred
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Random selection of cities and dates

I have $500 of credit expiring in a couple of days, so I need to book something. Curious how far I could get for $500. If I get to spend a night somewhere cool, that's a bonus.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by benblaney
Departure Airport: ROC
Miles Needed: any
Required Spend or Budget: Have $500 in credit expiring 1 September. Must book by then
Available Travel Dates: This year, week days preferred
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA preferred
Route(s) You've Already Searched: Random selection of cities and dates

I have $500 of credit expiring in a couple of days, so I need to book something. Curious how far I could get for $500. If I get to spend a night somewhere cool, that's a bonus.
You have 30-day grace period after expiration date. So, take your time and book a trip that you really want to go. Good luck.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
You have 30-day grace period after expiration date. So, take your time and book a trip that you really want to go. Good luck.
Well, good to know! Suspect I might just be back here in 29 days having been unable to find anything in the interim!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: 5765
Required Spend or Budget: Lowest possible, PQD already met
Available Travel Dates: Weekends Oct. - Dec.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: United / *A
Route(s) You've Already Searched: IAH-SEA, IAH-HNL, IAH-EWR

Same day turns are fine, will make UA Plat by end of Sept. but just 6K short of 1K (lol). Any suggestions? Prefer to keep budget low since PQD already met. Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by intransittx

Same day turns are fine, will make UA Plat by end of Sept. but just 6K short of 1K (lol). Any suggestions? Prefer to keep budget low since PQD already met. Thanks!
Have you thought about the same-day changes (free for Premier Gold/Platinum/1K) to increase your PQMs for your remaining trips? For example, if you fly IAH-ORD, you can change it to IAH-IAD-ORD or IAH-DEN-ORD. You only need to do this 7 times to get the PQMs needed. It will cost you more time than a single shot mileage run, but it won't cost any cash to purchase a new ticket.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:40 am

Hello All,

I am keen to hit Star Alliance Gold ASAP. I currently have no Star Alliance status. I will be doing a status match from my Shangri-La Golden Circle - Jade membership to Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer, which gets me to KrisFlyer Silver. This means I only have to take three Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flights within four months of my status match. They can be in any booking class except G (group bookings) (three different legs or, put another way, three different flight numbers). However, my departure airports might make things complicated!

Departure Airport: LHR or any London airport or TNR or JNB!
Miles Needed: N/A - I just need three flights.
Required Spend or Budget: The cheaper the better (although I would be happy to splash out out Business for the right price).
Available Travel Dates: 16 December 2018 to 5 January 2019 or 30 July 2019 onwards.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: SQ only
Route(s) You've Already Searched: None, I have no idea where to start.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by intransittx

here is a same day turn

Sat, Dec 01, 2018
IAH - LIH
6:40 am - 4:58 pm
3,935 PQM

Sat, Dec 01, 2018
LIH - IAH
6:29 pm - 1:08 pm
4,033 PQM

Fare $396.40
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ozymandias24
Hello All,

I am keen to hit Star Alliance Gold ASAP. I currently have no Star Alliance status. I will be doing a status match from my Shangri-La Golden Circle - Jade membership to Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer, which gets me to KrisFlyer Silver. This means I only have to take three Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flights within four months of my status match. They can be in any booking class except G (group bookings) (three different legs or, put another way, three different flight numbers). However, my departure airports might make things complicated!

Departure Airport: LHR or any London airport or TNR or JNB!
Miles Needed: N/A - I just need three flights.
Required Spend or Budget: The cheaper the better (although I would be happy to splash out out Business for the right price).
Available Travel Dates: 16 December 2018 to 5 January 2019 or 30 July 2019 onwards.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: SQ only
Route(s) You've Already Searched: None, I have no idea where to start.
18 DECEMBER
LHR-SIN-KUL

return 23 DECEMBER
KUL-SIN-KUL

3 out of the 4 legs are Singapore air and the other is silk

GBP 899 .91
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: United
1K Run

Departure Airport: NYC
Miles Needed: 40K - One Flight Business or Better if possible (or get as close to 40K as possible in one flight)
Required Spend or Budget: $2800
Available Travel Dates: Weekends through 2019. Prefer Friday to Sunday, or Thurs to Sat or Friday to Saturday.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA Preferred or Airline that gives you more PQM than actually flown (if that exists.

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Mostly Asia

Hi, I am looking to do a mileage run that gets me as close to 40K miles with one trip. I have posted before but wanted to ask for help to find any business class flights or better that I can take one weekend and get the most miles possible. I am trying to spend $2500 but willing to go little higher. Also I am happy to fly economy on UA to any location in the US or CAN to take a longer flight internationally. However I know that going business or better will give me more miles than if I flew economy. I am already Gold Status with United. PQD have been achieved and only need PQM at this point. Is there any flight over the weekend in business class or better that I could get close to 40K miles or at least over 33K miles. I will apply for China Visa if needed.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:24 pm

I don't know how this quite works. I think with my current planned travel, I'll be ~10k short of 1k this year. (I'm seriously regretting the $1k buy up on my last trip...)

Departure Airport - ORD
Required miles - 10k
Required spend - PDQ is met, so lowest
Available Travel Dates - most weekends through the end of the year, except weekend of 10/13 - could probably work a weekday 2-3 days off most dates as well.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:30 am

ROC-SAN

Originally Posted by benblaney
Well, good to know! Suspect I might just be back here in 29 days having been unable to find anything in the interim!
If you do not care of buying a basic economy ticket, ROC-SAN for one night (or immediate turn) and $288.
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...760*.USD.28760

San Juan, PR in February should be fun and escape the winter in NY, for $276. Good luck.

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...580*.USD.27580
benblaney likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:23 am

LGA-TPE

Originally Posted by sportsnj
Departure Airport: NYC
Miles Needed: 40K - One Flight Business or Better if possible (or get as close to 40K as possible in one flight)
Required Spend or Budget: $2800
Available Travel Dates: Weekends through 2019. Prefer Friday to Sunday, or Thurs to Sat or Friday to Saturday.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA Preferred or Airline that gives you more PQM than actually flown (if that exists.

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Mostly Asia

Hi, I am looking to do a mileage run that gets me as close to 40K miles with one trip. I have posted before but wanted to ask for help to find any business class flights or better that I can take one weekend and get the most miles possible. I am trying to spend $2500 but willing to go little higher. Also I am happy to fly economy on UA to any location in the US or CAN to take a longer flight internationally. However I know that going business or better will give me more miles than if I flew economy. I am already Gold Status with United. PQD have been achieved and only need PQM at this point. Is there any flight over the weekend in business class or better that I could get close to 40K miles or at least over 33K miles. I will apply for China Visa if needed.
Here is a possibility, LGA-YYZ-HKG-TPE-YVR-YYZ-LGA for $2751 on Air Canada (2x distance) and Eva Airways (1.25 x distance, HKG-TPE). The PQM should be about 34K miles. https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...41*.USD.275041
Good luck (it is tough to pull the trigger if I am in your shoes!).
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Ophelia
I don't know how this quite works. I think with my current planned travel, I'll be ~10k short of 1k this year. (I'm seriously regretting the $1k buy up on my last trip...)

Departure Airport - ORD
Required miles - 10k
Required spend - PDQ is met, so lowest
Available Travel Dates - most weekends through the end of the year, except weekend of 10/13 - could probably work a weekday 2-3 days off most dates as well.
ORD-TPE for about $606, with a lot of PQMs that you need.
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sp:.USD.60521

Last edited by Kmxu; Sep 1, 2018 at 6:32 am Reason: add link
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: United
Thanks so much for this, it would be crazy trip. I wish I could leave Friday but then again I asked for it. When you say tough to pull trigger, is that due to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.