Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Ah got it. UA doesn’t fly to Europe from SEA non stop so guess have to connect back in EWR
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Mileage Run - HNL - 14,555 miles needed

Departure Airport: HNL
Miles Needed: 14,555
Required Spend or Budget: $1,500
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Okay

Bonus points if there is a layover through PHX or PDX

Last edited by Koepkeaz; Sep 18, 2018 at 8:34 pm Reason: Change departure
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Star alliance gold

Departure Airport: ATH
Miles Needed: 4k
Required Spend or Budget: up to 400€
Available Travel Dates: November until late January
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Star Alliance
Route(s) You've Already Searched: ATH - LHR, ATH - LGW

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to reach Star Alliance Gold status with Aegean airlines. I still need 4k until the end of January. I've already booked a couple of round-trips to London for 2.242 miles each, but I'm looking for alternative flights to keep it interesting. So if anybody has a good routing I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Departure Airport: IAH (SAT, AUS, or DFW would work as well)
Miles Needed: 14,000
Required Spend or Budget: $700 (budget)
Available Travel Dates: Mid October - 12/28/18

$700 budget noted is for Economy. Would pay more ($1000-1200) if Business.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by scottritchiettu
Miles Needed: 14,000
Required Spend or Budget: $700 (budget)
Available Travel Dates: Mid October - 12/28/18

$700 budget noted is for Economy. Would pay more ($1000-1200) if Business.
Not quite fitting into your budget, but for $755, you can fly to SIN and back on UA and get ~19800PQM.
Nov 5, IAH-SFO-SIN
~14hr overnight turn in SIN
Nov 7, SIN-SFO-IAH
https://goo.gl/flights/k9rJa

Here's another for $702. DFW-TPE on AC, ~15400PQM
Oct 24, DFW-YVR-TPE
1hr40min turn in TPE (I have NO idea if that's enough time...I've never been to TPE)
Oct 25, TPE-YVR-DFW
https://goo.gl/flights/Sw7D9

Last edited by mpiotrow; Sep 19, 2018 at 10:34 am Reason: Added another option
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
HNL-LAX three times for less than $900

Originally Posted by Koepkeaz
Departure Airport: HNL
Miles Needed: 14,555
Required Spend or Budget: $1,500
Available Travel Dates: Any

Bonus points if there is a layover through PHX or PDX
The HNL-SFO-LAX-SFO-HNL may offer the best deal. You will have to do it three times.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=H...959*.USD.28959
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:47 am

25000 United PQMs needed from O'hare (ORD)

I have premier Gold with United and would like to get to premier Platinum and need 25k PQM. I have been searching some trips to Hong Kong over a few weekends but would have to do it at least 2 times ORD-Hong Kong - ORD x 2) and then some smaller trips to get to 25k. The price is right, it equals out to about 5 cents per PQM. I am wondering if it is possible to create an itinerary that has a few more stops and takes care of all of the miles in one trip.

Departure Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: 25000 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: Cheaper the better
Available Travel Dates: Fri Sept 28 - Mon Oct 1 or Fri Oct 19 - Mon Oct 22 or Fri Oct 26 - Mon Oct 29 or Fri Nov 9 - Mon Nov 12 or Fri Nov 16 - Mo Nov 19 or Fri Nov 23 - Mon Nov 26 or Fri Dec 14 - Mon Dec 17
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: To long as I earn United PQMs it is ok

The less work I miss the better, so you could mess with the times so I leave Fri evening (work a full day) and then return Mon or Tues afternoon to work a 1/2 day.

Thanks!

Route(s) You've Already Searched:ORD-HONG KONG only, no other connections onward
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:22 am

Do you really want to do it?

Is it worth it to stretch for Plat (over Gold)? [2018 Consolidated]

united just promoted Gold to boarding group 1. The difference in benefits between Platinum and Gold is very small.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
UA metal run help - over weekend

I need to get 4 segments on UA metal before the end of the year to qualify for 1K. I'm based in Africa but will be in Europe in mid-October. I need to get from Budapest to Geneva on the weekend of October 20-21.

I'm looking for the cheapest option that would get me on UA metal, between those two pairs. I was thinking something like BUD-NYC-GVA, leaving either very late on Friday or very early on Saturday and turning around on Saturday. I have to be in Geneva late on Sunday.

Suggestions appreciated.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by model_un
I need to get 4 segments on UA metal before the end of the year to qualify for 1K. I'm based in Africa but will be in Europe in mid-October. I need to get from Budapest to Geneva on the weekend of October 20-21.

I'm looking for the cheapest option that would get me on UA metal, between those two pairs. I was thinking something like BUD-NYC-GVA, leaving either very late on Friday or very early on Saturday and turning around on Saturday. I have to be in Geneva late on Sunday.

Suggestions appreciated.
To get four segments, you cannot end your trip at EWR or another UA hub from European cities. You will need to choose a nearby non-hub city as your destination in USA.So, your itinerary will look like BUD-FRA(non-UA), FRA-UA hub-XXX (on UA) and then return from XXX, XXX-EWR/IAD-GVA. You can use google flight to find a cheap roundtrip fare between BUD-XXX (leave XXX undefined) and then try open jaw, BUD-XXX, and XXX-GVA. Good luck.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:46 pm

Miles Segments Needed: 8
Required Spend or Budget: $500 (budget)
Available Travel Dates: Last week in October - 10/29 - 10/31
Route(s) You've Already Searched: I've been looking at UA hubs, LAX, DEC, SFO, EWR, and ORD

1K now, looking to renew again.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:19 am

I believe UA has fares from ORD to IAH (and the reverse) for about $120 the next few months, 4 of those would do the trick right at your budget. Or this trip goes IAH-ORD-MKE-DEN_IAH for $285 gets you 5 segments then I'm sure you can find a RT with a connection for less than $215 or less between now and Dec

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...900*.USD.23210
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by standby1995
I believe UA has fares from ORD to IAH (and the reverse) for about $120 the next few months, 4 of those would do the trick right at your budget. Or this trip goes IAH-ORD-MKE-DEN_IAH for $285 gets you 5 segments then I'm sure you can find a RT with a connection for less than $215 or less between now and Dec

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...900*.USD.23210
thank you for taking the time to look this up. I should have added I’m looking for a single day trip. Thanks again.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by pecck

thank you for taking the time to look this up. I should have added I’m looking for a single day trip. Thanks again.
8 segments, in 1 day, for $500? Hmm...just a guess, but that may be a tough one!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:09 pm

You can increase segment count by using Same day change (SDC). Also, booking two one-ways ticket instead of one round trip to facilitate the SDC. You can do this with your upcoming trips without buying new tickets. For example, I can make ORD-xxx to ORD-DEN-IAD-xxx. First, you change ORD-xxx to ORD-DEN-xxx; after scanning ORD-DEN boarding pass, you change DEN-xxx to DEN-IAD-xxx. The assumption is that your fare code is available for the new flight. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.