Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhIteSidE
Confirm your Tickets

MH and Cheaptickets are canceling these reservations. DO NOT ACCEPT a refund and they will rebook you.

As reported by JCM9608 it appears that some of these tickets or segments may be getting canceled. If your itinerary pops up on the flymas.mobi site then you're probably okay. If not, call cheapticekts and speak with them. They must honor the ticket, so don't take "No" or "We'll send you a refund" as an answer. You may need to speak to a manager / supervisor.

Multiple reports in this thread indicate that cheaptickets/MH will book you on a flight combination (possibly with a connection in NRT) if you push and don't accept a refund.

Booking

It has been reported that this books at Cheaptickets and Orbitz. Having problems viewing your ticket? Visit the FlyMAS Mobile Site and enter your information.

Routing

This fare appears to be eligable for End-on-End construction, so it should be possible to book cheap(ish) AA or US fares and tack them onto the ticket. In order to get to and from SFO.

Mileage Accrual

This fare is a Malaysian (MH) codeshare on Cathay (CX) metal.

Cathay: No mileage accrual
Malaysian: 70% mileage accrual
American: 50% mileage accrual
US Airways: 50% mileage accrual

And remember, DON'T CALL THE AIRLINES while a deal is ongoing.
Print Wikipost

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:10 am

They kept calling MH and confirmed refunding is the only way. Plus vouchers. I felt defeated and finally said I do not authorize the refund, do not do it. I was being stubborn. I even booked new tickets with UA but can cancel since it is less than 24 hours.

Here we go.......Taken from theflightdeal.com copy and paste Good news to follow! Too much work and I'm getting lazy. Blame the hold times with Cheaptickets.com the past week but here is my official update below. I have a long layover overnight in Tokyo but I will pay my $80 at the local hotel and will shut up since I still consider myself ahead in this fiasco. Sheesh. I will call JAL for seat assignments tomorrow.
---------

Update. Flymas.mobi still doesn’t have e-ticket numbers but instead of only showing SFO-HKG and no inbound flight, it now shows this:
To: Tokyo (HND)
Flight: MH0001
Depart: Wed, 03 Sep, 19:35
Arrive: Thu, 04 Sep, 22:20
To: Hong Kong (HKG)
Flight: MH6321
Depart: Fri, 05 Sep, 10:00
Arrive: Fri, 05 Sep, 13:35
To: Tokyo (HND)
Flight: MH0026
Depart: Tue, 23 Sep, 15:15
Arrive: Tue, 23 Sep, 20:25
To: San Francisco (SFO)
Flight: MH0002
Depart: Wed, 24 Sep, 00:05
Arrive: Tue, 23 Sep, 17:45

JENNIFER says:
August 23, 2014 at 4:08 AM
UPDATE!!! I got really curious and called MH about this. I thought I was hearing things she said it was confirmed. I asked her to e-mail me a copy of the itinerary. I got it and there are record locator numbers for JAL (Japan Airlines). I went to JAL’s website and entered it in along with the other information…
WAIT FOR IT……
……IT SHOWS!!!!!! Holy. Effing. Crap. Everyone, please check your flymas.mobi data. This is what tipped me off. And folks, if you happen to be on the same flight as me….we need to have a drink in the sky together. Seriously.

Read more: http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/08...#ixzz3BCVglqXH
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: Globalist Hyatt, Platinum AA, Platinum Delta
Check your cheaptix itinerary folks... Just checked mine and the tix says cancelled (without authorization) ....
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:53 am

It would be a cold day in Costa Rica before I accepted a route like that vs what was ticketed. Then again, my tickets are not until October, so I am waiting until Sept 1st to see what happens before I really even consider my options.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:17 am
wco

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Speedis1
Check your cheaptix itinerary folks... Just checked mine and the tix says cancelled (without authorization) ....
I just logged into cheaptickets, but all I get is an error message when I pull up my flight info. Interestingly, I checked out flymas.mobi, and I found this:

Flight: MH0873
Depart: Fri, 26 Sep, 01:00
Arrive: Sat, 27 Sep, 06:10
Flight: MH0870
Depart: Mon, 29 Sep, 14:10
Arrive: Mon, 29 Sep, 11:45

Before, the SFO-HKG leg was missing and had the codeshare flight numbers. Now it lists the CX flight numbers (as MH). I haven't had a chance to call cheaptickets or MH yet, but I hope that this is a good sign.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ChrisR
It would be a cold day in Costa Rica before I accepted a route like that vs what was ticketed. Then again, my tickets are not until October, so I am waiting until Sept 1st to see what happens before I really even consider my options.
JENNIFER says:
August 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
As of right now, I am able to make seat selections on JAL’s website.

JENNIFER says:
August 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I called JAL for more options on seating. The agent said the ticket is confirmed and we hold the seats, but it is not yet ticketed. Strange, as my e-mail from Malaysia Air with the itinerary says it is ticketed. I contacted MH, and it is apparently known that everyone is rebooked. He said that they canceled the code share with Cathay and so everyone got rebooked. The reason why it is not “ticketed” per se is because the changes were made and they are waiting for our approval.
Out of curiosity, I asked if they had anything that was more direct. He gave me options with Cathay Pacific so I took them. It’s worth asking and not just settling for whatever they gave you. I wanted to avoid the overnight in Haneda, Tokyo. One of the legs I was interested in was fully booked coming out of HKG->SFO but since they have two flights a day I picked the other one. Unfortunately, it is the weekend right now and they can’t confirm the ticket right away because it’s the weekend so they won’t be able to issue the record locator for Cathay but told me to check back on Monday or directly with Cathay.
Upon going to the flymas.mobi website, I am now seeing the changes that I made. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to send me the itinerary through e-mail. This would be consistent with what the JAL agent told me. If it isn’t “ticketed”, they can’t send it.

JENNIFER says:
August 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I forgot to add; please note that when you access your flight information on flymas.mobi, the flight numbers that are posted there are correct; however, the carrier prefix is not correct. e.g., MH0001 is not correct. It is indeed JL001. My new itinerary reads MH0873, but it should be in fact CX873.
I hope this helps everyone. Call them Reply

Read more: http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/08...#ixzz3BEbWxq1c
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:48 am

I just checked mine. As of the time of my posting the discovery on the new itinerary through Haneda, it was still the original itinerary with the codeshare to HKG with MH/CX. Upon checking it just now since you brought it up, it now shows my updated itinerary through Haneda. (Woohoo!) However, I just called to have it changed to Cathay direct. Please see my post above regarding confirmations on that one.

Nothing canceled.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by wco
I just logged into cheaptickets, but all I get is an error message when I pull up my flight info. Interestingly, I checked out flymas.mobi, and I found this:

Depart: Fri, 26 Sep, 01:00
Arrive: Sat, 27 Sep, 06:10
Flight: MH0870
Depart: Mon, 29 Sep, 14:10
Arrive: Mon, 29 Sep, 11:45

Before, the SFO-HKG leg was missing and had the codeshare flight numbers. Now it lists the CX flight numbers (as MH). I haven't had a chance to call cheaptickets or MH yet, but I hope that this is a good sign.
It's legit. You got rebooked on a direct flight to HKG and back with Cathay Pacific. Everything that has shown up on flymas.mobi on the past 18 hours or so has been reliable and legitimate. I just spoke to an agent and for this one you see, they are just awaiting confirmation from CX. They (CX reservations) don't really operate on the weekends so I would wait until Monday local time to call.

Ignore the carrier designation in front of the flight number. Those have never been right in the past 18 hours. It is in fact a CX flight number and if you speak to MH agents they will tell you it is CX.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:21 am

JCM, did you call MH to initiate change, or cheaptickets (to get them to change it to HND to begin with)? thanks much. gonna try and call them again.

Last edited by Speedis1; Aug 23, 2014 at 11:40 am
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:47 am

Well, now when I check my cheaptickets online, the record locators and ticket number are gone, and it says "your request was sent to the airline", but the itinerary still shows.

When I check MHs site, the ticket number is still missing, but now my LAX-HKG segment is has returned, and the LAX-HKG and HKG-LAX segments now show the new flight numbers MH0881 and 0882. The 0881 and 0882 I know are the CX numbers for that flight. AA still shows the original itinerary as booked.

I might call tomorrow when I have time and see if I can't just iron out the flights onto CX.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:58 am

JCM, did you call MH to initiate change, or cheaptickets (to get them to change it to HND to begin with)? thanks much. gonna try and call them again.
I tried to initiate it and they kept offering me refunds and vouchers. I even got above a supervisor and spoke with a manager. I then said I do not authorize a refund, do not refund it. Leave the reservation intact. She then said, ok.......we will let you know of any updates as you have them. Please call us if you decide on a refund.

I even booked another ticket with UA. I was just stubborn and wasn't letting it happen. I then checked out of curiosity last night on flymas and noticed that the new itinerary was there. They did it on their own.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Well, now when I check my cheaptickets online, the record locators and ticket number are gone, and it says "your request was sent to the airline", but the itinerary still shows.

When I check MHs site, the ticket number is still missing, but now my LAX-HKG segment is has returned, and the LAX-HKG and HKG-LAX segments now show the new flight numbers MH0881 and 0882. The 0881 and 0882 I know are the CX numbers for that flight. AA still shows the original itinerary as booked.

I might call tomorrow when I have time and see if I can't just iron out the flights onto CX.
Call them and ask them to e-mail you the itinerary and issue the ticket. They are probably waiting to hear from you. When I called about my first JAL flights, they said it was confirmed but not ticketed..Wanted to check if it is OK with me first.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:35 pm

okay... just got off the fone with MH, and they told me to call cheaptickets and ask them to call MH... so I called cheaptickets, and they spoke to MH, and they are in the process of re-accomodating everyone who is affected, and that they should have my tickets sorted out in the next day or so..

My status of the ticket result has not been as progressive as those posted above, but based on this answer and trends we are seeing above, seems MH is now allowing passengers to be re-accommodated on flights. Perhaps once they automatically change it, we can do what Jennifer did and call MH to ensure the routing is in our favor.

Good signs good signs!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:00 pm

I've updated the Wiki a bit. If would be good to start compiling a list of routings which MH will provide so that others know what they may ask for.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:10 pm

I have not yet called MH but am now showing on flymas.mobi:

Depart: Fri, 17 Oct, 01:00
Arrive: Sat, 18 Oct, 06:10

Flight: MH0872
Depart: Wed, 22 Oct, 00:30
Arrive: Tue, 21 Oct, 22:15

I'm assuming they are rebooking me on CX873/CX872 from this, which were the original CX codeshare flight numbers. No eticket, no call or contact from Cheap,MH or CX so far.

But I've got stuff to do this weekend other than wait on the phone so I'll let it sit for a few more days before I try and do anything else.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:55 pm

After my 3rd 30 minute call with Cheaptickets, I agreed to a refund with a $200 voucher with Cheaptickets. They then informed me that the refund will take "up to" 45 days to process. I'm not happy about the way this has been handled. I will probably dispute the charge with my bank card company.

I do believe that if one refuses the refund and demands that they provide as travel as paid for and confirmed, that it is likely you will get it - I just don't have the time to do that, and I'll use award travel instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.