Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhIteSidE
Confirm your Tickets

MH and Cheaptickets are canceling these reservations. DO NOT ACCEPT a refund and they will rebook you.

As reported by JCM9608 it appears that some of these tickets or segments may be getting canceled. If your itinerary pops up on the flymas.mobi site then you're probably okay. If not, call cheapticekts and speak with them. They must honor the ticket, so don't take "No" or "We'll send you a refund" as an answer. You may need to speak to a manager / supervisor.

Multiple reports in this thread indicate that cheaptickets/MH will book you on a flight combination (possibly with a connection in NRT) if you push and don't accept a refund.

Booking

It has been reported that this books at Cheaptickets and Orbitz. Having problems viewing your ticket? Visit the FlyMAS Mobile Site and enter your information.

Routing

This fare appears to be eligable for End-on-End construction, so it should be possible to book cheap(ish) AA or US fares and tack them onto the ticket. In order to get to and from SFO.

Mileage Accrual

This fare is a Malaysian (MH) codeshare on Cathay (CX) metal.

Cathay: No mileage accrual
Malaysian: 70% mileage accrual
American: 50% mileage accrual
US Airways: 50% mileage accrual

And remember, DON'T CALL THE AIRLINES while a deal is ongoing.
Print Wikipost

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:25 pm

Below is an email I received from MH regarding my DoT complaint. Apparently they are willing to rebook the ticket on CX. Unfortunately I had already cancelled my ticket with Cheaptickets because I decided the amount of time spent to go back and forth with MH/Cheaptickets was not worth it. Hopefully this information could help someone out there.

Dear XXX,

We refer to your below e-mail to the United States Department of Transport.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. The suspension of the codeshare with Cathay Pacific was undertaken due to technical problems.

Please let us know if cheaptickets.com has completed the refund process. If they haven’t we can rebook [name of passenger] on Cathay Pacific at no additional fee or cost.

Your kind understanding in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Ismaizam Ismail
Government & International Affairs
Commercial Division
Malaysia Airlines oneworld logo_JPG
2nd Floor Admin 3B, MAS Complex B, SAAS Airport, Subang 47200, MALAYSIA
Tel : +60-3-7863-3106 | Fax: +60-3-7842-4309 | Mobile : +6019-231-0296
[email protected]
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by yyll
Below is an email I received from MH regarding my DoT complaint. Apparently they are willing to rebook the ticket on CX. Unfortunately I had already cancelled my ticket with Cheaptickets because I decided the amount of time spent to go back and forth with MH/Cheaptickets was not worth it. Hopefully this information could help someone out there.

Dear XXX,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. The suspension of the codeshare with Cathay Pacific was undertaken due to technical problems.

Please let us know if cheaptickets.com has completed the refund process. If they haven’t we can rebook [name of passenger] on Cathay Pacific at no additional fee or cost.

Regards.

Ismaizam Ismail
Commercial Division
[email protected]
Let them rebook you even if they have given you a refund. Just tell them I accepted it because you were misinformed and so were the people that were working the reservations line at MH and CT. They have extended you the offer--take them up on it.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:37 pm

Ok...

Just to give an update.

I booked 8/15 on cheaptickets for a flight departing 10/17

I have called no one and done nothing except try and check things online until today. Been busy and figured I could just wait and let it settle out.

Today I called MH on their international number (011 60 3-7843 3000), since the USA 800 number is/has been busy most of the day.

Took about 5 minutes to get to a person and asked them to email me my updated itinerary since it wasn't listed online and also to provide the CX record locator.

It appears I was automatically reticketed by someone at MH a few days ago as it states : DATE OF ISSUE 27AUG14 as well as my new eticket number and my old number that cheaptickets confirmed is listed as ISSUED IN EXCH

Class on both is M

Shows up online on cathay with the rl they gave me. Shows booking status confirmed, and a seat reservation according to my profile. (window both ways) It's an ok seat so I don't need to change. I entered my FF number online as it seems to have been lost in the rebooking.

Called Cathay to confirm, they show it's all good on their end as well.. Took about 5 minutes on their 800 number.

Everything is good except when I check in I'm going to make sure they have my FF number correctly entered on this new eticket so i have the best chance of actually getting miles.

Hoping that everyone else's go as smooth... I think it may be a bit of karma for just being patient.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by yyll

Dear XXX,

Regards.

Ismaizam Ismail
Commercial Division
[email protected]
Thank you for this info. Cheaptickets gave me the "refund only" talk. Then I emailed this person and they had a new ticket ready to be issued within 2 hours.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Originally Posted by exphose
Ok...

Just to give an update.
Wow, just my experience as well...rebooked, and it shows up on cathaypacific.com, with booking status "Confirmed"

Wait...0 miles earning b/c it's now a CX flight number?

Any thoughts on the best program to credit the flight to? I only have AA, BA and IB accounts for oneworld...AA is 0 miles, BA/IB will get 25%, and JL will get 50%. JL then? I am unfamiliar with the program, but I believe it's distance-based, and this might come in handy eventually.

Last edited by portishead; Sep 1, 2014 at 6:30 pm Reason: Miles earning...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:42 pm

Yeah well I got booked into S so I get a big fat NOTHING on anyone. What a rip. I booked it expecting 50% from MH S, and now get 0. Pretty much ruined the value of the fare completely.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Could one not fight for ORC?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Could one not fight for ORC?
Maybe if crediting to MH? That would be a tough one.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:14 pm

Question from newb on the mileage accrual: (i) no miles will be earned on AA? (ii) do i get 25% miles on BA?

thanks,
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US Airways, Delta, Hyatt, Club Carlson, Marriott
Booked SAN-LAX-HKG-LAX-SAN on this deal. I have record locator numbers for Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific and American Airlines, and shows confirmed on Cathay Pacific but no one can provide me with an e-ticket number for the Cathay Pacific flights. Should I be concerned? Cathay says I have to call Malaysia; Malaysia says I have to call CheapTickets; Cheaptickets says no e-ticket number is necessary.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Originally Posted by rocksurf
Booked SAN-LAX-HKG-LAX-SAN on this deal. I have record locator numbers for Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific and American Airlines, and shows confirmed on Cathay Pacific but no one can provide me with an e-ticket number for the Cathay Pacific flights. Should I be concerned? Cathay says I have to call Malaysia; Malaysia says I have to call CheapTickets; Cheaptickets says no e-ticket number is necessary.
From what I've heard, you won't get a Cathay e-ticket #, but you should have one for Malaysia.

====

On a different note, I checked my flights on Cathay's website again and the flight they originally put me on to is now showing as 'on request'. I had called to change the date back to the original date and that flight is still confirmed but this new 'on request' flight is now also showing...
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:09 pm

You all may want to check your seat assignments. I had already chosen my seats back when it was first confirmed but when I checked today, I had new seats. I was able to switch them back to what I wanted on the inbound but on the outbound, they were already taken.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
So I booked ANC-LAX-HKG-LAX on this fare and am in Alaska now. Was trying to check in for the ANC-LAX flight with AS but was told that MH didn't provide them with the exchanged ticket. I gave the agent my new ticket number, which was provided by MH via email, and she said she couldn't access the ticket. Gonna have to call MH now to have it fixed, will report back afterwards.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
From what I've heard, you won't get a Cathay e-ticket #, but you should have one for Malaysia.

====

On a different note, I checked my flights on Cathay's website again and the flight they originally put me on to is now showing as 'on request'. I had called to change the date back to the original date and that flight is still confirmed but this new 'on request' flight is now also showing...
You're probably thinking of PNRs. There's *always* an eTicket number unless you have a paper ticket (you don't), and it's shared by all airlines. If you really don't have an eTicket then you're not going to be flying. PNRs are a different matter.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by arcticbull
You're probably thinking of PNRs. There's *always* an eTicket number unless you have a paper ticket (you don't), and it's shared by all airlines. If you really don't have an eTicket then you're not going to be flying. PNRs are a different matter.
So I checked on checkmytrip.com and I do have an e-ticket number but it starts with 232, while Cathay's seem to start with 043 or 160 at their website, so I can't enter the 232 e-ticket # on their website. I do have a 6 digit PNR which CX does recognize. So am I good to go? I tried calling Cathay this morning but the line is constantly busy.

Also, JayZ_004, I'm guessing no news is good news and you're in HK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.