Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhIteSidE
Confirm your Tickets

MH and Cheaptickets are canceling these reservations. DO NOT ACCEPT a refund and they will rebook you.

As reported by JCM9608 it appears that some of these tickets or segments may be getting canceled. If your itinerary pops up on the flymas.mobi site then you're probably okay. If not, call cheapticekts and speak with them. They must honor the ticket, so don't take "No" or "We'll send you a refund" as an answer. You may need to speak to a manager / supervisor.

Multiple reports in this thread indicate that cheaptickets/MH will book you on a flight combination (possibly with a connection in NRT) if you push and don't accept a refund.

Booking

It has been reported that this books at Cheaptickets and Orbitz. Having problems viewing your ticket? Visit the FlyMAS Mobile Site and enter your information.

Routing

This fare appears to be eligable for End-on-End construction, so it should be possible to book cheap(ish) AA or US fares and tack them onto the ticket. In order to get to and from SFO.

Mileage Accrual

This fare is a Malaysian (MH) codeshare on Cathay (CX) metal.

Cathay: No mileage accrual
Malaysian: 70% mileage accrual
American: 50% mileage accrual
US Airways: 50% mileage accrual

And remember, DON'T CALL THE AIRLINES while a deal is ongoing.
Print Wikipost

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
To confirm, this fare books into Economy (rather than Premium Economy), right? If so, how can you upgrade to Premium Economy using cash or miles?

Last edited by LukeRB; Aug 15, 2014 at 1:33 am
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 am

How do we make use of this free stop over rule? I am also very interested to have a stopover at Japan. However if I use multi-city search, the price would jump to above $1100.

Originally Posted by LukeRB
Somewhat related, what stopovers have people gotten to work with this fare? The rules allow for one free stopover; It's less clear to me what stopovers are possible given HKG's location.

Separately, has anyone gotten this (seemingly mistake) fare (no YQ/YR) to work for other Asia destinations?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:54 am

I HAVE NOT CALLED AND WILL NOT CALL ANY AIRLINE ABOUT THIS UNTIL LONG AFTER THIS DEAL IS DECLARED DEAD.

But for my own education (and maybe for others as well), can you confirm that the relationship between airlines is such that if you call CX in this case (for example to get their record locator for a reservation), you can assume they will communicate the mistake to MH (assuming they discover it). Thanks, and thanks to OP for the post. Looking forward to my first trip to HKG next month.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: DL
It looks like there is no YQ/YR on only itineraries that are both in and out of SFO. If you go exLAX and into SFO, there is a ~$150 YQ. So this fare is cheap, but not actually that much cheaper compared to the "normal" fare (assuming the normal fare out of SFO has a $150 YQ on it).
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:38 am

Anyone able to take advantage of the stopover? Trying to get to MNL or SGN.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Originally Posted by emofeng
Anyone able to take advantage of the stopover? Trying to get to MNL or SGN.
Getting a stopover in the US is easy. I was able to book SEA-LAX (Stopover) - HKG- SFO. But I don't see how you can get a stopover with a direct SFO-HKG.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Jayz_004
Getting a stopover in the US is easy. I was able to book SEA-LAX (Stopover) - HKG- SFO. But I don't see how you can get a stopover with a direct SFO-HKG.
True. I figure I was pushing it too much...haha
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:22 am

Is this fare gone?

MH removed SFO and LAX from their search option
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Just (more like 15 mins ago) booked from SFO to HKG, tried to look for stopovers but couldn't find any where the price didn't jump to $1100, it's already been asked how I can select seats on CX so will check back later on how to do that.

Also, Malaysia's website is not yet able to process my booking online either when looking up by my 5 digit booking reference code.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
Also, Malaysia's website is not yet able to process my booking online either when looking up by my 5 digit booking reference code.
I was able to find it on the MH mobile app.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
Originally Posted by riddlerandy
thanks, before I go and download it, were you able to find the CX flight locator code or able to choose your seats?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:58 am

thanks, before I go and download it, were you able to find the CX flight locator code or able to choose your seats?
Not yet. Am going to cool my heels on that for a bit.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by riddlerandy
You can also use the MH mobile Web site: http://flymas.mobi
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:58 pm

Cool Confirmation that these tickets are real?

I was able to purchase three tickets this morning (Two from 10/2 - 10/9 and One from 10/2 - 10/8) from CheapTickets for $548 each. I got record locator # from MH however when I go to the MH website, they are unable to find the reservation.

Can anyone confirm that these tickets are actually real? In another thread on http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/08...ing-all-taxes/, the MH said the flight has been cancelled and to get a refund from CheapTickets.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by heyamylin
I was able to purchase three tickets this morning (Two from 10/2 - 10/9 and One from 10/2 - 10/8) from CheapTickets for $548 each. I got record locator # from MH however when I go to the MH website, they are unable to find the reservation.

Can anyone confirm that these tickets are actually real? In another thread on http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/08...ing-all-taxes/, the MH said the flight has been cancelled and to get a refund from CheapTickets.
Looks like someone called MH and CX...ugh...first rule of fight club...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.