Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhIteSidE
Confirm your Tickets

MH and Cheaptickets are canceling these reservations. DO NOT ACCEPT a refund and they will rebook you.

As reported by JCM9608 it appears that some of these tickets or segments may be getting canceled. If your itinerary pops up on the flymas.mobi site then you're probably okay. If not, call cheapticekts and speak with them. They must honor the ticket, so don't take "No" or "We'll send you a refund" as an answer. You may need to speak to a manager / supervisor.

Multiple reports in this thread indicate that cheaptickets/MH will book you on a flight combination (possibly with a connection in NRT) if you push and don't accept a refund.

Booking

It has been reported that this books at Cheaptickets and Orbitz. Having problems viewing your ticket? Visit the FlyMAS Mobile Site and enter your information.

Routing

This fare appears to be eligable for End-on-End construction, so it should be possible to book cheap(ish) AA or US fares and tack them onto the ticket. In order to get to and from SFO.

Mileage Accrual

This fare is a Malaysian (MH) codeshare on Cathay (CX) metal.

Cathay: No mileage accrual
Malaysian: 70% mileage accrual
American: 50% mileage accrual
US Airways: 50% mileage accrual

And remember, DON'T CALL THE AIRLINES while a deal is ongoing.
Print Wikipost

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by portishead
No, I have been unable to pull up on the MH website either. What does this mean?
I was able to find it on the MH mobile app
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Any opportunity to credit this to AS?
Was thinking @ this. Unfortunately it probably wouldn't as MH isn't a partner of AS' and MH is the ticketing carrier.

If you could get a ticket with the CX flight # and your MP#, you could submit this for credit. But doubtful it would post.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Was thinking @ this. Unfortunately it probably wouldn't as MH isn't a partner of AS' and MH is the ticketing carrier.

If you could get a ticket with the CX flight # and your MP#, you could submit this for credit. But doubtful it would post.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Oh well.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:28 pm

Still showing on Orbitz for Sept.

Shame it doesn't ticket the other way.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:43 pm

Is there any way to do a stopover in Japan for a few days (preferably on the starting part of the trip, but I guess it doesn't matter) and not kill the price? I'm not really familiar with how that works...
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
+1 for using MH mobile (flymas.mobi)

Known issue even for MH metal tickets not booked via MH's website.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Any way to get the CX locator, or seats?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by portishead
Any way to get the CX locator, or seats?
Don't worry about this until after the deal is looong gone (several days). I'm sure there will be a way to figure it out- just don't want to spoil it for others.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Nevermind.
I can't read. My question was answered.

Last edited by berliner5000; Aug 14, 2014 at 11:49 pm Reason: I don't read.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by magic168
Is there any way to do a stopover in Japan for a few days (preferably on the starting part of the trip, but I guess it doesn't matter) and not kill the price? I'm not really familiar with how that works...
Somewhat related, what stopovers have people gotten to work with this fare? The rules allow for one free stopover; It's less clear to me what stopovers are possible given HKG's location.

Separately, has anyone gotten this (seemingly mistake) fare (no YQ/YR) to work for other Asia destinations?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by beckoa

Upon further reflection it seems this wouldn't earn any miles even if ticketed on CX stock. If I did it correctly, MH S maps to CX S. This earns zero miles on AS: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...rs/cathay.aspx

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com
*Earn 500 minimum miles on flights less than 500 miles. Actual miles flown = 1 mile per flight mile flown. Miles may not be earned for tickets flown in G, T, N, O, P, Q or S classes of service. Some deeply discounted, and industry fares are ineligible to earn miles.
This fare also seems valid from ANC-HKG-ANC with SLBC1YUS

I've only been able to price out ANC-LAX-HKG-SFO//ANC with a different fare SFO-SEA-ANC on AS for over $800.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:18 am
Rus

I tried, but how come I can not find this deal on cheap tickets?

Does the duration of stay matter? My start date is on Sept like the thread suggest, but inbound is Feb 15.

Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Rus
I tried, but how come I can not find this deal on cheap tickets?

Does the duration of stay matter? My start date is on Sept like the thread suggest, but inbound is Feb 15.
There are no MH codeshare flights on CX HKG-SFO/LAX for departure dates after Oct 25.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:23 am
Rus

Originally Posted by keithguy
There are no MH codeshare flights on CX HKG-SFO/LAX for departure dates after Oct 25.
I see, so that means outbound is anytime in Sept, but inbound return must be before Oct 25?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Rus
I see, so that means outbound is anytime in Sept, but inbound return must be before Oct 25?
Yes (technically outbound can be in Oct too).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.