Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhIteSidE
Confirm your Tickets

MH and Cheaptickets are canceling these reservations. DO NOT ACCEPT a refund and they will rebook you.

As reported by JCM9608 it appears that some of these tickets or segments may be getting canceled. If your itinerary pops up on the flymas.mobi site then you're probably okay. If not, call cheapticekts and speak with them. They must honor the ticket, so don't take "No" or "We'll send you a refund" as an answer. You may need to speak to a manager / supervisor.

Multiple reports in this thread indicate that cheaptickets/MH will book you on a flight combination (possibly with a connection in NRT) if you push and don't accept a refund.

Booking

It has been reported that this books at Cheaptickets and Orbitz. Having problems viewing your ticket? Visit the FlyMAS Mobile Site and enter your information.

Routing

This fare appears to be eligable for End-on-End construction, so it should be possible to book cheap(ish) AA or US fares and tack them onto the ticket. In order to get to and from SFO.

Mileage Accrual

This fare is a Malaysian (MH) codeshare on Cathay (CX) metal.

Cathay: No mileage accrual
Malaysian: 70% mileage accrual
American: 50% mileage accrual
US Airways: 50% mileage accrual

And remember, DON'T CALL THE AIRLINES while a deal is ongoing.
Print Wikipost

[DEAL GONE] CX/MH: SFO - HKG $532.60 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by emofeng
Anyone able to take advantage of the stopover? Trying to get to MNL or SGN.
The fare doesn't go anywhere near MNL or SGN, how the heck to you expect to be able to stop over in a city that is miles out of the way and is a completely invalid routing?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:17 pm

Although you might be able to use the End-on-End friendly construction to tack on segments ot MNL or SGN.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:22 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by shawn67
Looks like someone called MH and CX...ugh...first rule of fight club...
Hmm... looks like the flight comes up when you search for it on http://www.flymas.mobi/ instead of malaysiaairlines.com. Why would it be different?

FWIW I'm still abiding by the rules but I want to make sure that these tix are for real before I drag my 89 year old grandma to the airport.

Can anyone advise on how to confirm and assign seats without violating the first rule of fight club?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SM-G900V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.141 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Because mh has issues showing stuff not booked with them directly. Will be tough to get cx seats without a cx record locator i think... unless someone can point out something i am missing.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:17 pm

Thumbs up

My plan is to...

A. not be a nervous nelly and get it shut down for others before its due time
B. see how the first flights with this rate go on 9/1
C. wait until 48h before my flight and call CX for seat assignment/locator.

If you absolutely positively need to be on a flight there for something specific and don't have a backup that you're OK with, you probably shouldn't be booking potentially sketchy deals to save a buck.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Why do these pedestrian-friendly fares, for lack of a better term, bring up the most ridiculous posters asking the most absurd questions?

Hey is this fare available in reverse?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by keitherson
Why do these pedestrian-friendly fares, for lack of a better term, bring up the most ridiculous posters asking the most absurd questions?

Haven't explicitly tried this in reverse but generally international ones aren't.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by keitherson

How about, "How do I get a free stopover? or "Is this upgradeable to F or J"
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by caimaster
How about, "How do I get a free stopover? or "Is this upgradeable to F or J"
Can I stopover in Australia while flying in J on this fare?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
Cx/mh: Sfo - hkg $532.60 rt

People also obsess so much bait seats risking getting the fares entirely pulled by calling to confirm or calling to get seats. Although this was it on TFD yesterday so won't last.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Thanks OP

Not doing it for a MR but have a week off in Sept that I didn't know what to do with and since I've never been to HK this works perfect.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:29 am

I bought yesterday….SFO to HKG, depart SFO 9/3, return 9/23. $548.10 per person .

I got two confirmation e-mails from Cheaptickets.com; I got a request for booking e-mail and then 5 minutes later got a Flight Confirmation with eticket numbers and a record locator for MH. I plan on spending some time in HKG but also using it as a gateway to Thailand and Cambodia. I’ll need to book everything else like flights to Thailand and accommodations there + Cambodia but I’m nervous after reading someone had their tickets canceled/refunded, etc. but don’t want to break the first rule of these deals by calling.

My info shows up on the MH mobile website (but not regular, strange!) with the same e-ticket numbers. Does this mean it’s pretty solid and I’m good to book everything else? Super nervous! Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:47 am

Why are ppl nervous? Its booked. End of story. U r covered by DOT. Relax.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by FAllWay
Why are ppl nervous? Its booked. End of story. U r covered by DOT. Relax.
The most nervous of the bunch called and reported back with this. So much for telling her to chill and take it easy!

August 17, 2014 at 5:02 AM
I called Malaysian Airlines and Cathay Pacific and asked for supervisors. They both know of the error and all tickets will be cancelled. They said to go to your booking agent for refund.

Read more: http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/08...#ixzz3AedoZASd
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:59 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by JCM9608
The most nervous of the bunch called and reported back with this. So much for telling her to chill and take it easy!

August 17, 2014 at 5:02 AM
I called Malaysian Airlines and Cathay Pacific and asked for supervisors. They both know of the error and all tickets will be cancelled. They said to go to your booking agent for refund.

Read more: http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/08...#ixzz3AedoZASd
I don't even benefit from this flight but ffs where is the common sense?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.