Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The tour sounds nice, but it is not possible for any of my trips through IST. The connection is too early HKG-LAX and too late LAX-HKG. The requirement of a less than 24 hour stopover kills it for the two times I have stopovers.

Curse you, ianmanka! Not really, I may try to wheedle my way onto it when I have my first stopover, now that I know about it. Thanks for informing us.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
The tour sounds nice, but it is not possible for any of my trips through IST. The connection is too early HKG-LAX and too late LAX-HKG. The requirement of a less than 24 hour stopover kills it for the two times I have stopovers.

Curse you, ianmanka! Not really, I may try to wheedle my way onto it when I have my first stopover, now that I know about it. Thanks for informing us.
Since I'm doing the trip one-way with a stopover, my only connection will be greater than 24 hours. I'm probably going to send them an e-mail to see if they'll let me on a tour anyway. If not, then I'll just end up cursing myself!

If anyone else has a similar routing and finds success, let the rest of us know!

For my positioning flight, I'm flying CA ICN-PEK-HKG on an award ticket. I'm going to see if I can snag a free hotel room from them, per a promotion that I found on their website.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:02 am

Found this on their FAQ. If you just show up, maybe you can be on the tour. Just dodge questions regarding how long your connection is, and accept that you'll be returned to the airport after it.

Do we need to booking or listing for Tour Istanbul?
No, please just proceed to Hotel Desk in the International Arrival Hall half an hour before the tour starts.. It is located after passport and customs control, to the right (next to Starbucks). You don't need a listing or booking to join Tour Istanbul.
Old May 31, 2011, 4:06 am

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
I will be on the hkg-ist-lax this Saturday June 4th. Is there Anyone else going on this mistake fare on the 4th?
Old May 31, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I looked at that lounge's website earlier. They also will sell entry to anyone for 30 euros... that's just slightly more than priority pass members would pay. Not a bad deal really if you don't want to leave the airport.
FYI -- Priority Pass Select (the one you get with AmEx Plat) is no charge for the cardholder entering the club.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
Update! A Fare on United Mileage Plus earned 150% RDM

United Mileage Plus considered my A fare HKG-IST-LAX as a First class fare, not a premium Economy and gave me 150% redeemable miles. Just an update.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:36 am
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

Originally Posted by saaws
United Mileage Plus considered my A fare HKG-IST-LAX as a First class fare, not a premium Economy and gave me 150% redeemable miles. Just an update.
Thanks for the great news update, saaws! I appreciate the info you provided in your role as scout.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
VERY NICE!

What's the EQM for each segments? (before the bonus)
Old May 31, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Wow! Nice. I guess that means my U fare won't get any bonus. Not that UA gives any bonus for any premium economy on any carrier
Old May 31, 2011, 10:44 am

Thank you for sharing, that's great news.

Now, UA lists TK A fares as 150%RDM/100EQM, while CO lists them as 125%RDM/150%EQM. Therefore, for my trip in July, I was going to credit them to CO and see what happens, bonus EQMs are of greater value to me than bonus RDM. I don't recall seeing any reports about crediting to CO yet, so now I'm wondering whether to go for the confirmed RDM bonus for UA or the not-yet confirmed EQM bonus on CO.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
For Aeroplan http://www1.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...urkishAirlines

Effective for travel as of October 1, 2010 earn 110% in booking class A. Effective for travel as of October 1, 2010 earn 110% on International flights in booking class U. For travel until September 30, 2010, earn 150% in booking class A and 0% in booking class U.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Saaws, thank you for the reporting. Did you earn the 1k 100% RDM bonus as well or is that only on UA metal?
Old May 31, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
SWEET

good to hear from you again .
Old May 31, 2011, 12:07 pm

Just received this information regarding Tour Istanbul for my >24 hour connection time in Istanbul:

Thanks for your attention and appreciation.
Our scheduled tours are everyday from 09:00 to 18:00, from 09:00 to 15:00 and from 12:00 to 18:00.Unfortunately,your booking is not eligible for Tourİstanbul. If you intend for a personal visit by your own charge, we would be glad to share some tips for your visit.Sultahmet area is the historical peninsula!
http://www.tourismturkey.org Trip Planner/Brochure can give you a brief explanation for our historical center.
http://www.ataturkairport.com/ can give you tips for transportation to airport.For Sultanahmet area so just take the underground metro (only one line and starts from Airport) from the airport till Zeytinburnu.At Zeytinburnu you will change it to the tram which will take you directly to Sultanahmet stop. The entire trip will take less than an hour and will cost you approximately 2.80 TL(less than 2 USD).And as you seen on the map Blue Mosque (Sultanahmed Mosque), Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar, Basilica Cistern are all located close to eachother.Also within walking distance, from Eminönü there are multiple offers for Bosphorus ferry tours,Galata Tower and Galata Bridge,Eyüp Mosque and Pierre Loti with reasonable prices and this might be very beautiful in summer.We kindly invite you to pick our free city guide at the arrival terminal from Hotel Desk.
We will be glad to answer all promptly.

Thanks a lot and wish a pleasant flight and connection time

www.turkishairlines.com/touristanbul

[email protected]

+90 212 463 63 63- ext 118 79
So it looks like they won't give it to me, though I'll still try when I'm on the ground in Istanbul.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Wow! Nice. I guess that means my U fare won't get any bonus. Not that UA gives any bonus for any premium economy on any carrier
I got in on the tail end of the deal, so I guess I should be glad that I got anything at all, but I'm now upset that I booked on Travelocity into U. *shakes fist*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.