Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: UA
CLE<>CHS is a UA seasonal flight on Saturdays in June (July?).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:23 pm

Virgin Atlantic is scheduled to bring in an A340-600 and 787-9 in October to shuttle the Browns and fans to London.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 737MAX
Virgin Atlantic is scheduled to bring in an A340-600 and 787-9 in October to shuttle the Browns and fans to London.
Well that's convenient. Any details about how to book that as a fan? Is it chartered, or just generally available to book?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:55 pm

The security checkpoints were renamed North (A), Central (B), and South (C), apparently to avoid confusion among passengers thinking that if their flight left from concourse B, for example, they need to use security checkpoint B. Central is still TSA Pre-Check only, with Pre-Check also available at the South checkpoint during peak times.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/inde...rt_river_index
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ate at Bar Symon a couple of weeks ago on my way out to CA. Got the pulled pork. It was good. Nice addition to the airport.

I parked at Airport Fast Park and had the dreaded trek to get to the pick up drop off spot. Not the most convenient. But we knew that.

So, how will renaming check points lead to less confusion? (Rhetorical question).

In other news, got upgraded in both directions on UA CLE-SFO. I'm gold now, so I'm expecting that flight to get cancelled if I can get upgraded. The flight was I would guess about 80% full
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Well that's convenient. Any details about how to book that as a fan? Is it chartered, or just generally available to book?
I THINK it was offered as a package deal with tickets for the game but not 100% sure.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 737MAX
I THINK it was offered as a package deal with tickets for the game but not 100% sure.
Thanks.

I'm not considering going to the game. Just considering the chance to fly CLE-LHR direct
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Thanks.

I'm not considering going to the game. Just considering the chance to fly CLE-LHR direct
When we get regular commercial service back to Europe. Have airport leaders been talking with airlines. I was on the first CLE-LGW flight CO 66 on 6/30/99
That was 18 years ago. There is a great demand for service in both directions especially in the summer. UA now has a daily 739 CLE-IAD to support connections to and from international destination
I would be talking with UA and DL and BA and Virgin. Nice all the new domestic airlines and routes but we need direct service to Europe. I'm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
When we get regular commercial service back to Europe. Have airport leaders been talking with airlines. I was on the first CLE-LGW flight CO 66 on 6/30/99
That was 18 years ago. There is a great demand for service in both directions especially in the summer. UA now has a daily 739 CLE-IAD to support connections to and from international destination
I would be talking with UA and DL and BA and Virgin. Nice all the new domestic airlines and routes but we need direct service to Europe. I'm
I don't see it happening. UA seems to have no desire to fly international flights from anywhere other than a large hub. DL could do it and, more than likely, it would be to CDG such as they do from PIT. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen, though.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA
At the Indians game tonight in CLE and I'm seeing lots of United advertisements. I know they're the official airline and charter airline for Indians. Good to see some United interest in CLE nonetheless.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA MM
Those Jetways are actually installed now in AA's new gates (odd numbers on C concourse) but the gates are not in use. AA still using the temporary ones on the other side of the concourse as of today from walking by.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:21 pm

In case anyone uses the cheapest off-airport lot, the Brown Lot shuttle now operates from the Ground Transportation Center.

http://clevelandairport.com/brown-lo...tle-moving-gtc
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Frontier CLE to MIA 3 times a week with the A321.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
This week and next (and maybe before this week, but I didn't notice it) there are really, really late departures to BOS from CLE in addition to the usual 3 departures (UA 4017 if you are interested). Back in the CO hub days, flights leaving at 9:50pm were not unusual, but on a day like today, it is significantly later than any other flight out of CLE, never mind just on UA.

Does anyone know why there would be an additional late departure for BOS like this? Some event? Just repositioning and might as well sell seats? The late flight lasts through July 30 (a Sunday) and then goes away. Hmm.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AA US
Originally Posted by UAzip
Does anyone know why there would be an additional late departure for BOS like this? Some event? Just repositioning and might as well sell seats? The late flight lasts through July 30 (a Sunday) and then goes away. Hmm.
CLE-BOS traffic is booming. Third quarter, 2014 - 305 per day, 2016 - 749 per day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.