Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA US
Originally Posted by plinth857
Just for fun, I think they should put a piano in there, so I can play a little while I'm waiting for a flight. But seriously, I wish they would do SOMETHING with it.
Chopin's Grand Polonaise. Let me know; I'll fly in to hear it.

You're right, though. It's too small for a club, too big for a news stand. Maybe AA has plans we don't know about.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RobS
Chopin's Grand Polonaise. Let me know; I'll fly in to hear it.

You're right, though. It's too small for a club, too big for a news stand. Maybe AA has plans we don't know about.
I'll get to work on the Chopin... it may take me 8 years to prep it though, so patience will be required.

Maybe they could put one or more of the those "Nursing/Lactation Pods" that I'm starting to see popping up in other airports.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Since my own flight got messed up today and I had some time on my hands, I've been looking at how EWR/IAD have been doing with delays... there are two UA 777's that diverted to CLE (NRT-IAD and NRT-EWR) and will be on the ground simultaneously.

Would be a cool sight to see if any of you happen to be near the airport this afternoon!

Looks like the NRT-IAD parked at A11 and NRT-EWR is not showing a gate.. I wonder if that means they will not deplane them and just continue on... either way, fun afternoon to be spotting at CLE!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Since my own flight got messed up today and I had some time on my hands, I've been looking at how EWR/IAD have been doing with delays... there are two UA 777's that diverted to CLE (NRT-IAD and NRT-EWR) and will be on the ground simultaneously.

Would be a cool sight to see if any of you happen to be near the airport this afternoon!

Looks like the NRT-IAD parked at A11 and NRT-EWR is not showing a gate.. I wonder if that means they will not deplane them and just continue on... either way, fun afternoon to be spotting at CLE!
The NRT-EWR was out on the tarmac and did not pull into a gate. The door was open and there were stairs attached, but it did not look like they were deplaning at all. It was in the Star Alliance livery.

The NRT-IAD was parked at the A gates. It was tough to get a good view of it since one could only see it from the B windows (only frosted windows at the end of A). It was cool to see it completely towering over all of the Frontier planes though.

I would love to see the airport do something with the old Continental/United "service center" that's near the C7/C9 gate area. Putting the big guitar display there was a nice attempt at distraction, but it still looks lousy. A small shop, or even an art display nook would be nice.

Just for fun, I think they should put a piano in there, so I can play a little while I'm waiting for a flight. But seriously, I wish they would do SOMETHING with it.
As someone who travels with my two year old daughter relatively frequently, CLE is lacking a kids play area. I always thought something like this would work well in this space given that it is too small for a club or restaurant but too large for the big guitar display.

Maybe they could put one or more of the those "Nursing/Lactation Pods" that I'm starting to see popping up in other airports.
Taking a walk down B today, I noticed that they have a "Nursing/Mother's Room" near the start of the concourse. They could definitely use some down A and C as well.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 20, 2017 at 12:51 pm Reason: merge
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by Kagedawg
The NRT-EWR was out on the tarmac and did not pull into a gate. The door was open and there were stairs attached, but it did not look like they were deplaning at all. It was in the Star Alliance livery.

The NRT-IAD was parked at the A gates. It was tough to get a good view of it since one could only see it from the B windows (only frosted windows at the end of A). It was cool to see it completely towering over all of the Frontier planes though.
The frosted window thing is dumb. Before they did that you got a good view at the end of A. Just because you have international flights you don't need to block the view. The International C gates at EWR you can clearly see looking up passengers deplaining international flights.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE

I thought I saw a plane that was "too big" flying over yesterday!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kagedawg

Cool stuff! I'm sure it was a nice change of sights from the usual sea of RJ's/737/320.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Flying thru CLE

I will be flying out of Cleveland tomorrow and plan to get some pictures of the new AA gates at C and possibly some pictures of A. Anything else I should look for?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:35 pm

WN adding Saturday/Sunday RSW service on the newest schedule extension for January. Also AA has all their gates up as well.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:39 pm

Air France Airbus Paris-Detroit diverted to CLE. Looks like thunderstorms at DTW.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:47 pm

No one got pictures of all the heavy diversions?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:06 pm

Several DTW bound planes were diverted to CLE do thunderstorms. Back in 1987 before the Internet and certainly Flight Aware I used to listen to ATC on my aircraft radio and remember the night NW 255 crashed on takeoff from DTW numerous aircraft were diverted to CLE.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
UA added some miscellaneous CLE-CHS flights. Not sure on frequency or how many or what, seemed kind of odd....
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:12 pm

Check out UA3171 YYG-CLE, arriving 4:12 PM at A9. Wonder what this flight is for-repositioning, maintenance by ExpressJet?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by guy44134
Check out UA3171 YYG-CLE, arriving 4:12 PM at A9. Wonder what this flight is for-repositioning, maintenance by ExpressJet?
Most are MX I believe, they usually taxi right over to their MX hangar after landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.