Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by 737MAX
One of our guys was checking out the new TSA room for the new inline bag system (pretty badass setup btw) when one of the airport higher ups was walking through and saw them and gave them a bit of a tour. They got to talking about the airport growing and how CLE was up 100,000 people this July over last year during the RNC. Said there was going to be a "big announcement " at the end of the week. Co worker mentioned Frontier and they said not Frontier but couldn't tell him what it was about. Take it for what it's worth.
My wish: UA reopens terminal D and increases traffic to/from/through CLE. Not a reopen of the hub but something like DL did in CVG. Other guesses?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
My wish: UA reopens terminal D and increases traffic to/from/through CLE. Not a reopen of the hub but something like DL did in CVG. Other guesses?
Just as likely: They will announce that the GPUs my fiancée and I waitlisted in May for our wedding trip (CLE-EWR-EDI 9/1) will actually clear :-P

Given how many of my eggs are in the UA basket, anything to strengthen their presence would be appreciated, but with the jetways having been pulled from D and gate utilization on C where it stands currently, I think we're a long way from seeing utilization on D.

In all seriousness, I'm wondering if we'll see the announcement of some flavor of LCC international service (Iceland air, etc.) announced.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Just as likely: They will announce that the GPUs my fiancée and I waitlisted in May for our wedding trip (CLE-EWR-EDI 9/1) will actually clear :-P

Given how many of my eggs are in the UA basket, anything to strengthen their presence would be appreciated, but with the jetways having been pulled from D and gate utilization on C where it stands currently, I think we're a long way from seeing utilization on D.

In all seriousness, I'm wondering if we'll see the announcement of some flavor of LCC international service (Iceland air, etc.) announced.
I'm thinking maybe International service. Concourse D has no jetways and no offense to anyone but this pipe dream about UA making CLE this large focus city is a bit comical and sad at the same time.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
I'm thinking maybe International service.
You mean AC's 4x daily to YYZ isn't enough for you?

I'd love to see more international service, but even with 100K increase in pax YoY, I don't see CLE growing that way again soon.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
You mean AC's 4x daily to YYZ isn't enough for you?
It would if my airline had a non rev agreement with them 😂😂
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I'm thinking maybe International service. Concourse D has no jetways and no offense to anyone but this pipe dream about UA making CLE this large focus city is a bit comical and sad at the same time.
https://blueswandaily.com/british-ai...tic-network-2/

Interesting note, this article cited CLE and IND as the top two largest unserved US markets from Europe, BNA was third and just got service to Europe...

I can't see CLE being too far behind.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
https://blueswandaily.com/british-ai...tic-network-2/

Interesting note, this article cited CLE and IND as the top two largest unserved US markets from Europe, BNA was third and just got service to Europe...

I can't see CLE being too far behind.
Not saying it IS British Airways but i BELIEVE they are getting a few more 788s/789s delivered.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
FI just announced KEF-CLE! That was the announcement I guess....

http://www.mbl.is/vidskipti/frettir/...til_cleveland/
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:06 am

Transatlantic service once again-great news! Icelandair has been around for years and offers good service and decent connectivity through KEF.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by guy44134
Transatlantic service once again-great news! Icelandair has been around for years and offers good service and decent connectivity through KEF.
I anticipate Mrs.Dergon and myself spending a number of weekends in Reykjavík over the coming years.
This is awesome!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:12 pm

Here's an article from the PD: http://www.cleveland.com/travel/inde..._flying_f.html
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
More good news coming soon. Buckle up.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coplatua1k
Now... one can't simply post that and nothing else!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by coplatua1k
TATL or Domestic, if you are going to say something like that at least clarify that...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Originally Posted by nevansm
Now... one can't simply post that and nothing else!
I agree! OP, you can't leave us hanging like that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.