Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by chessman
CO used to fly CLE-PIT, though I suspect that's not the route you're wanting here.
Northwest flew 727’s took it several times as a kid back in late 1960’s.

Looks like United will have a new 737 max at the Cleveland air show coming from SEA was at BFI this week.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 4, 2023 at 4:26 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 1, 2023, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Northwest flew 727’s took it several times as a kid back in late 1960’s.
UA, AL (US) also did.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by guy44134
UA, AL (US) also did.
For a stretch of time, USAir operated PIT-CAK I think 10x/day.
guy44134 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
If the economics are there, then let's fly. Take a look at the absolute amount of lift to/from Jeju Island on a daily basis.

David
Old Sep 3, 2023, 9:55 am
RNE

Did USAir also operate PIT-YUL? I vaguely recall a YUL-PIT-CAK flight about 30 years ago.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 4:37 pm

Jet Blue Spirit merger

In order to get the deal spirited these airlines have agreed to sell certain assets to Allegiant including many FLL routes. On one hand Allegiant does not serve CLE so I see route cuts but good because UA can pick up the routes UA continues to do good from here to Florida cities.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 5:32 pm

In order to get the deal spirited these airlines have agreed to sell certain assets to Allegiant including many FLL routes. On one hand Allegiant does not serve CLE so I see route cuts but good because UA can pick up the routes UA continues to do good from here to Florida cities.
Interesting news. How do you sell an unrestricted route or is it just routes from slot-controlled airports to FLL?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:50 am

Interesting news. How do you sell an unrestricted route or is it just routes from slot-controlled airports to FLL?
it’s a transfer not sold.

United is also adding a second FLL nonstop afternoon did not last year but did in previous years.

Last edited by buckeyefanflyer; Sep 13, 2023 at 4:53 pm
Old Sep 12, 2023, 7:29 am

it’s a transfer not sold.
I found an article on BusinessWire:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...on-with-Spirit

Summary:
JetBlue will transfer all of Spirit's ground assets at BOS and EWR to Allegiant.
JetBlue will transfer "up to" five current Spirit gates at FLL to Allegiant.
JetBlue will transfer all of Spirit's ground assets at LGA to Frontier (previously announced).

Bottom line is I guess it remains to be seen whether CLE-FLL flights will be operated by JetBlue or Allegiant... or both or neither. I doubt Allegiant starts this route since, as you noted, they don't have a presence at CLE but it may very well just stay the same with the Spirit name changing over to JetBlue.

Last edited by JimInOhio; Sep 12, 2023 at 9:00 am
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
UA:
CLE-FLL goes from 1x daily to 2x daily from 11/28-3/30, then back to 1x daily.
CLE-MCO goes from 1x daily to 2x daily from 10/29-3/30, then back to 1x daily.
CLE-RSW goes from 1x daily to 2x daily from 12/21-3/30, then back to 1x daily.
CLE-TPA goes from 0x daily to 1x daily from 10/29-5/1 and 5/23-EOS.
CLE-CUN goes from 1x weekly to 7x weekly from 12/21-1/7, 6x weekly from 3/7-3/30, 2x weekly from 3/31-5/4, then back to 1x weekly through EOS.
FreqFlyerCLE likes this.

Last edited by ctownflyer; Nov 8, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
UA:
CLE-FLL goes from 1x daily to 2x daily from 11/28-3/30, then back to 1x daily.
CLE-MCO goes from 1x daily to 2x daily from 10/29-3/30, then back to 1x daily.
CLE-RSW goes from 1x daily to 2x daily from 12/21-3/30, then back to 1x daily.
CLE-TPA goes from 0x daily to 1x daily from 10/29-5/1 and 5/23-EOS.
CLE-CUN goes from 1x weekly to 7x weekly from 12/21-1/7, 6x weekly from 3/7-3/30, 2x weekly from 3/31-5/4, then back to 1x weekly through EOS.
UA CLE is also recalling some long furloughed employees, returning to "full" Global Services in the lobby and increasing the number of agents in the Club which tells me that UA is seeing a sustained volume of high(er) value business (I personally never thought they'd go back to staffing the inside counter in the club for example and there was one of the awesome agents greeting me at 6 AM this morning in addition to the two at the credential desk
ctownflyer and FreqFlyerCLE like this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 8:37 pm

Big news from Frontier today. Not sure what this will mean for flight additions. F9 is now the number 3 airline at CLE after UA and AA.

https://www.crainscleveland.com/tran...veland-hopkins
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:59 pm

Art Installation

Here are some pics of the wonderful sculptural group from 1956, by Cleveland artist Victor Schreckengost has finally been restored and reinstalled at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE). Does anyone remember the original that was on the outside of the main entrance to the airport on the upper level until the mid-1970s? It looks really great! Hope it makes it to the new terminal eventually.

The original location of the sculpture on the facade of the 1956 terminal.
pudgym29, paule123 and plinth857 like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 6:39 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by guy44134
Here are some pics of the wonderful sculptural group from 1956, by Cleveland artist Victor Schreckengost has finally been restored and reinstalled at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE). Does anyone remember the original that was on the outside of the main entrance to the airport on the upper level until the mid-1970s? It looks really great! Hope it makes it to the new terminal eventually.

The original location of the sculpture on the facade of the 1956 terminal.
Looks very nice -- I had noticed the FIDS being relocated a few weeks ago and was curious what was going on.

Question: Where (relative to the current terminal layout) would have the original been found? I'm having a hard time relating the last photo to my knowledge of the terminal layout & it's evolutions
guy44134 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Looks very nice -- I had noticed the FIDS being relocated a few weeks ago and was curious what was going on.

Question: Where (relative to the current terminal layout) would have the original been found? I'm having a hard time relating the last photo to my knowledge of the terminal layout & it's evolutions
Great question. I'd have to do a bit more research, but funny enough, the original main entrance to the upper level of the terminal (including the main lobby with the famous flight display board) was in just about the same location, but maybe a few (hundred?) feet towards today's parking garage. Visitors parked in the main lot and entered the upper level/main entrance, while those checking in for flights and claiming bags did so on the lower level to the northern end of today's terminal complex. The "south terminal," everything to to south of the Central checkpoint was all new build on both levels.
lincolnjkc and pudgym29 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.