Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:12 am
RNE

Originally Posted by guy44134
EI86 is scheduled to depart CLE at 8:20 p.m., and UA only has about half a dozen flights departing CLE past 6:00 p.m., so 16 EI passengers will not lead to much overcrowding there.
Yeah, good point. I wasn't considering time of day.
guy44134 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:50 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
mrs_dergon and I looking at some early winter travel to CDG and the Aer Lingus prices look rock bottom. Like $400 RT or $1800 up front.

(Compared to UA at $800/$4500 respectively)
We’re planning a trip to Ireland this fall and for the dates I’m looking at, CLE-DUB and return in J is $4450 on Aer Lingus (edit: UA can be had for ~$250 less). Too much for me for modest length flights.

Last edited by JimInOhio; Apr 3, 2023 at 2:06 am
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:54 am
RNE

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
We’re planning a trip to Ireland this fall and for the dates I’m looking at, CLE-DUB and return in J is $4450 on Aer Lingus (edit: UA can be had for ~$250 less). Too much for me for modest length flights.
Agreed. Still, kudos for trying to support TATL ex CLE.

Here's challenging you brainy types to research and report back some destinations from CLE in J for < $4200 RT. Use, say, September as a test case.

RNE, expecting there to be many.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Ended up with good old UA CLE-EWR-CDG in premium economy for $1600 rt. Not bad.
RNE likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: AA US
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Ended up with good old UA CLE-EWR-CDG in premium economy for $1600 rt. Not bad.
I've flown premium economy on two European airlines and think it's the best available compromise between comfort and cash. The domestic US version (a couple more inches of legroom) isn't worth it IMO.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 9:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by RobS
I've flown premium economy on two European airlines and think it's the best available compromise between comfort and cash. The domestic US version (a couple more inches of legroom) isn't worth it IMO.
Premium Economy is a different product than the extra legroom seats which are marketed as Economy Plus, Comfort Plus or Main Cabin Extra. The US legacy carriers wide-bodied fleets have premium economy cabins in addition to extra legroom seats in the economy cabins.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobS
Originally Posted by TWA884
Premium Economy is a different product than the extra legroom seats which are marketed as Economy Plus, Comfort Plus or Main Cabin Extra. The US legacy carriers wide-bodied fleets have premium economy cabins in addition to extra legroom seats in the economy cabins.
Correct -- I don't know that I'd pay more for E+ (but having always had free access that's a question I haven't seriously had to ask myself) but PremiumPlus -- the UA widebody premium economy product -- is typically justifiably close enough to Economy when available and offers both a bigger all around seat (much closer in size to a domestic first class seat with greater recline) and [allegedly] better catering I'd. It's the only PY product I've experienced so I can't say how it compares to EU carriers but comparing it to domestic Y/E+ is not fair.
guy44134 and RobS like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Correct -- I don't know that I'd pay more for E+ (but having always had free access that's a question I haven't seriously had to ask myself) but PremiumPlus -- the UA widebody premium economy product -- is typically justifiably close enough to Economy when available and offers both a bigger all around seat (much closer in size to a domestic first class seat with greater recline) and [allegedly] better catering I'd. It's the only PY product I've experienced so I can't say how it compares to EU carriers but comparing it to domestic Y/E+ is not fair.
It's not even in the same universe for the flights I booked not long ago (CLE-DUB). UA wants $4400+ for PremiumPlus while Y is $910. In some cases, J is less than PE on the same flight.
Old May 4, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
CVG-LHR

British Airways started a direct flight to London from Cincinnati. Just wondering have we had any talks with them several similar size cities have a direct London flight.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Does anybody have images of the Aer Lingus gate setup and check-in counter? I wonder if they’re even going to do signage since it’s seasonal.

I don’t think Frontier and Spirit have taken up 3 gates each but I wonder if that will be happening given the recent expansion announcements.
Old May 17, 2023, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by oscar555
Does anybody have images of the Aer Lingus gate setup and check-in counter? I wonder if they’re even going to do signage since it’s seasonal.

I don’t think Frontier and Spirit have taken up 3 gates each but I wonder if that will be happening given the recent expansion announcements.
As of Sunday there were no signs of Aer Lingus. I’d assume they will use one of the common use ticket counters like Wow and Icelandair used. I’ve heard they will operate out of C14 and business class customers will use the United Club. Not sure of which baggage carousel they will use. Also, the service is not seasonal!

Spirit still primarily uses only 2 gates, A2 and A6. Frontier customarily uses 3, A8, A10, A12. I’d expect they will eventually add another couple or just operate out of common use gates.
Old May 19, 2023, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by guy44134
As of Sunday there were no signs of Aer Lingus. I’d assume they will use one of the common use ticket counters like Wow and Icelandair used. I’ve heard they will operate out of C14 and business class customers will use the United Club. Not sure of which baggage carousel they will use. Also, the service is not seasonal!

Spirit still primarily uses only 2 gates, A2 and A6. Frontier customarily uses 3, A8, A10, A12. I’d expect they will eventually add another couple or just operate out of common use gates.
Per an unnamed source, C8 will be the gate, bag belt is unknown, and EI Business passengers or Concierge or Platinum (? I may be fuzzy on that one) members can enter. No *G or UA club member entry if flying EI.

I heard rumors that they were setting up a shindig at C8 but I had too many other things to do within security to go back and look by the time I heard that. Is C8 the gate CO used for their INTL? Wondering if it still has the capabilities for the portable Duty Free stand that occasionally appeared....

I'm vague on ticket counter but I heard "just past" the COVID people so Im thinking TSA PRE adjacent common use.

Last edited by lincolnjkc; May 19, 2023 at 12:29 pm
Old May 19, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA
Per an unnamed source, C8 will be the gate, bag belt is unknown, and EI Business passengers or Concierge or Platinum (? I may be fuzzy on that one) members can enter. No *G or UA club member entry if flying EI.

I heard rumors that they were setting up a shindig at C8 but I had too many other things to do within security to go back and look by the time I heard that. Is C8 the gate CO used for their INTL? Wondering if it still has the capabilities for the portable Duty Free stand that occasionally appeared....

I'm vague on ticket counter but I heard "just past" the COVID people so Im thinking TSA PRE adjacent common use.
just left the airport now, and I can confirm that it will be C8. Maintenance guy was making sure all the lights were working, and there was a podium set up in a big Cleveland sign in the display area looking ready for a press conference.

Last edited by FreqFlyerCLE; May 19, 2023 at 1:20 pm
Old May 19, 2023, 1:04 pm

CO I think used C5 and C7 for TATL departures (and maybe C9?). I don’t recall them ever using the back side of the concourse where C8 is for those flights.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
CO I think used C5 and C7 for TATL departures (and maybe C9?). I don’t recall them ever using the back side of the concourse where C8 is for those flights.
Oh durr... Forgot the low C even side was NW/redheaded stepchild gates (I know CO got C10 relatively late and I don't think I ever saw it used) ... The C5/7 hold room was what I was thinking of when I said that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.