Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Air Show

United will display a 737 max at the air show this weekend.
RNE, FreqFlyerCLE and Wooglin like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
United will display a 737 max at the air show this weekend.
There's an air show this weekend?

David
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
B747-422 from Stansted, London just landed at CLE

So I just saw a 747 overhead, so checked flightradar24, and it listed it as a 747-422, but no airline, no origin or destination, but the track shows it took off from Stansted, London, and just landed at CLE.

Does anyone know what it is? Weren’t 747-422s United 747s? Atlas Air?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by gusd
So I just saw a 747 overhead, so checked flightradar24, and it listed it as a 747-422, but no airline, no origin or destination, but the track shows it took off from Stansted, London, and just landed at CLE.

Does anyone know what it is? Weren’t 747-422s United 747s? Atlas Air?
Flightaware claims it's Air Dubai flight 1. I'll take a stab at it... some emir coming in for heart surgery.
RNE and dergon darkhelm like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Flightaware claims it's Air Dubai flight 1. I'll take a stab at it... some emir coming in for heart surgery.
When I landed a little bit ago there were two UAE 747s parked side by side nare the FBO ramp
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:31 pm
RNE

Cleveland Hopkins ranks among nation’s worst airports of its size in annual J.D. Power survey
dergon darkhelm likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:12 pm

Surveys are strange. I would call Hopkins a lot of things, but overcrowded wouldn't be one of them.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:50 pm

CLE-DUB on Aer Lingus

Looks like the announcement is next week. Details still to come, but it looks like a big incentives program is in the works.

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2...-the-city.html
dergon darkhelm likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by guy44134
Looks like the announcement is next week. Details still to come, but it looks like a big incentives program is in the works.

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2...-the-city.html
are they still in some kind of partnership with UA?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
are they still in some kind of partnership with UA?
Yes, you can earn UA miles on EI.
FreqFlyerCLE likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by guy44134
Yes, you can earn UA miles on EI.
You can also redeem -- I've never seen UA offer EI on a revenue ticket, but at least to Scotland quite frequently there are very inexpensive MP redemption options.
Side note since DUB is pre-clearance for CBP, if this route does exist travelers will avoid CLE's FIS which is reported to be ... not awesome.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:29 am
RNE

Originally Posted by ewoo
Surveys are strange. I would call Hopkins a lot of things, but overcrowded wouldn't be one of them.
It's not that the airport as a whole is overcrowded; much of it is a ghost town. It's that when planes are boarding, the passengers stand en masse in the narrow walkways (considered adequately wide in 1969). Of course, this constraint became particularly acute in United's heyday, when planes were loading willy-nilly. Nowadays, there are far fewer enplanements, but when they do occur, it creates overcrowding.
lincolnjkc, Wooglin and ewoo like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by RNE
It's not that the airport as a whole is overcrowded; much of it is a ghost town. It's that when planes are boarding, the passengers stand en masse in the narrow walkways (considered adequately wide in 1969). Of course, this constraint became particularly acute in United's heyday, when planes were loading willy-nilly. Nowadays, there are far fewer enplanements, but when they do occur, it creates overcrowding.
Also the landside lobby, particularly in the mornings, can be hellacious with the traffic conflicts between the TSA queue and the UA/AC ticket counter queues.

I just generally dislike CLE as an airport because all of the money that was spent over the past 10 years or so has only made the passenger experience worse or at best no benefit (e.g. the sliding doors that got replaced with revolving doors that got replaced with sliding doors) -- it seems like CLE management is going out of their way to make the airport miserable for passengers and employees (e.g. building a "ground transportation center" in the worst possible place on airport property after being very convenient [curbside] and then reasonably convenient [center of the terminal by short term garage], demolishing the long term garage without replacing the capacity...) -- talk to any airline employee working a late shift and the chorus of complaints about location and timing of the employee shuttle is unanimous)
JimInOhio likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:39 pm
RNE

United Airlines flight attendants picket at Cleveland Hopkins Airport
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
More details about the Aer Lingus flight:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/aer-lingus-cleveland/
guy44134 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.