Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Watching the game on TV last night United on occasion has a large advertisement behind home plate.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:08 am

Us Airways still has it PIT club now Admirals club and AA still has BNA and STL clubs.
I was in the club Saturday morning and it was somewhat busy .
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Us Airways still has it PIT club now Admirals club and AA still has BNA and STL clubs.
I was in the club Saturday morning and it was somewhat busy .
And DL still has MEM, AA never closed RDU etc.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:18 pm
RNE

I'm a card carrying United Club member. I visit the CLE hive more than any other. No way do I want to see that facility closed and its cyborgs crated up and teleported to another club—or planet. However, I has to calls 'em as I foresees 'em.

RNE, foreseeing a clubless CLE.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by RNE
My artless friend, if you cannot trust my predictions, why would you trust that I'd pay a lost bet? And even if I did, it would be with Martian złoty. Try to spend those at Carl's Jr.

Besides, I'm a deacon—an office of the church! You may engage in petty gambling, but I cannot. At least not with crass money. Come up with acceptable non-monetary stakes and I'll wager* with you, despite your artlessness.

*Assuming wagering doesn't violate a FlyerTalk TOS.

RNE, on the right side of the law.
Gamble with RDM....no monetary value....
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:46 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Gamble with RDM....no monetary value....
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
I got an invitation for AA Gold with 6K miles a few months ago, completed it. Today I got Silver from DL, two RT in two months excludes LUT fares. Will complete that as well. Not sure what took DL so long. DL invited specifically notes CLE. I don't use DL much, I do like them, but rarely fly with them.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:50 pm

Jet Blue started service to BOS and FLL yesterday. I read comment by B6 sales executive that when Jet Blue announced the startup of CLE service it set a all time sales record for service startup for any new city. Remember folks these are probably mostly former UA customers. I would bet that down the road B6 increasing service to BOS and adding direct service to LAS and MCO meaning UA will eventually pull out of these markets. One really has to question UA;s decision to close the hub.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:59 pm

One really has to question UA;s decision to close the hub.
It has been a long time since anyone observed UA to be smart. Of course, the same could be said about a great number of airlines... Actually, a dwindling number of airlines given the consolidation we have seen over the past few decades.
Old May 2, 2015, 6:43 am
RNE

Jet Blue started service to BOS and FLL yesterday. I read comment by B6 sales executive that when Jet Blue announced the startup of CLE service it set a all time sales record for service startup for any new city. Remember folks these are probably mostly former UA customers. I would bet that down the road B6 increasing service to BOS and adding direct service to LAS and MCO meaning UA will eventually pull out of these markets. One really has to question UA;s decision to close the hub.
UA is washing its hand of this city. It's not so much a "decision" as an aversion.

Expect an inexorable decrease in service for the next 13 months, followed by a precipitous decrease beginning July 22, 2016. Then closure of the United Club before 2017.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:30 am

Angry Way off

The flights to Boston are not filled with former United flyers. Very low fares have stimulated traffic. After the intro fares are over is the real test. Remember that United had 6 flights daily to Boston as recently as 2 years ago including 737's. Providing feed for connections. The 5 United, 2 Jet B and 1 Spirit will have a different client list than in the past. United will have a Club in Cleveland as long as United has Clubs in any airports.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 2, 2015 at 10:32 am Reason: Discuss the issues, not the posters
Old May 2, 2015, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trk1
The flights to Boston are not filled with former United flyers.
How do you know this exactly - do you have inside information perhaps?
Old May 2, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by trk1
United will have a Club in Cleveland as long as United has Clubs in any airports.
UA will continue to cut service, especially after the RNC.
And the UC will almost assuredly close by the end of 2016 due to "lack of demand".

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 2, 2015 at 10:34 am Reason: Update quote to reflect Mod edit; Discuss the issues, not the posters
Old May 2, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
CLE - Life After De-Hubbing [2015 forward]

Funny. There isn't a lack of demand.
Old May 2, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kit125
Funny. There isn't a lack of demand.
Says who? Anyway, it's irrelevant. That's why I used quotation marks. Jeffie will make up any excuse he wants to close it and cut costs, especially after more flights are dropped. Same thing as when he said CLE had been a "money losing hub for decades" only a few years after UA claimed that it was "profitable and important".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.