Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
And it was already axed by 1994, http://www.departedflights.com/CO103094intro.html

I'd hardly call that "mistaken"
You stated that CO hadn't operated ex-CAK. In fact, it did. Just because something was short lived doesn't mean that it didn't exist.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2015 at 2:58 pm Reason: Less snark please
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I was referring to COs routes at the time of the merger.

Last edited by goalie; Jul 3, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: off topic trolling comments removed
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RNE
So, how many think LH will begin service to CLE in this decade (even just seasonal)? My take: If it didn't happen when CLE was a Star Alliance hub, it certainly isn't happening now.
Sadly agree, but hope i/we're wrong.

If it does happen, likely LH equipment will be one of the Airbii with no F.

IIRC, don't UA and LH revenue share all TATL flights to Germany?
Implications for LH starting CLE-FRA/xxx???
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
So, how many think LH will begin service to CLE in this decade (even just seasonal)? My take: If it didn't happen when CLE was a Star Alliance hub, it certainly isn't happening now.
Not going to happen. Unless, and this is a very small unless... LH does a tag-on, e.g. FRA-YUL/YYZ/DTW-CLE

Originally Posted by Billiken
IIRC, don't UA and LH revenue share all TATL flights to Germany?
Yes, as does AC. I am not sure if OS & LX are in the JV, but it would make sense if they were.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Indelaware
Not going to happen. Unless, and this is a very small unless... LH does a tag-on, e.g. FRA-YUL/YYZ/DTW-CLE.
Of course it can happen, if NE Ohio businesses pony up and financially guarantee the flight.
DL flies PIT-CDG which started with similar local corporate financial backing.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:21 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by SFO777
Of course it can happen, if NE Ohio businesses pony up and financially guarantee the flight.
Good point! This could work if supported by Cleveland's corporations. Both of them.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Yes, but DL has 757s in their fleet and thus can make the route work. LH does not have 757s or anything else in its current fleet which can be economical given the load that CLE could possible generate. (BTW, CLE-FRA is 200nm longer than PIT-CDG.)

And sadly, metro Cleveland is not what it once was in terms of corporate life.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I was referring to COs routes at the time of the merger.
The criteria of route discussions in the same millennium are implicit.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: MR Platinum, and a certain status at an unnamed airline
Thumbs up FLL & RSW Non Stops Return

Loaded into the system today:

CLE - FLL begins on Oct. 26 as UA1081. Departs CLE at 7:20am, arriving in FLL at 10:23am. Return departs FLL at 11:09am and arrives in CLE at 2:01pm. Mix of Airbus A320 and B737 equipment.

CLE - RSW begins same day as UA1450. CLE departure at 2:59pm, arriving in RSW at 5:46pm. Return departs RSW at 6:47pm, touching down in CLE at 9:28pm. Mix of Airbus A320 and B737.

Both flights look to be seasonal through April.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Mike2K
Loaded into the system today:

CLE - FLL begins on Oct. 26 as UA1081. Departs CLE at 7:20am, arriving in FLL at 10:23am. Return departs FLL at 11:09am and arrives in CLE at 2:01pm. Mix of Airbus A320 and B737 equipment.

CLE - RSW begins same day as UA1450. CLE departure at 2:59pm, arriving in RSW at 5:46pm. Return departs RSW at 6:47pm, touching down in CLE at 9:28pm. Mix of Airbus A320 and B737.

Both flights look to be seasonal through April.
Great news! I hope TPA will also be added.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:37 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Mike2K
Good. But the times are not so good for cruise pax. Just saying.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Good. But the times are not so good for cruise pax. Just saying.
They aren't as bad as the current JetBlue times, correct? IIRC the B6 FLL-CLE segment leaves in the 8 or 9am hour, which is definitely too early to catch if you're coming off the ship. The UA departure at 11 should just work if you are off the ship in the first group or two. Obviously not much room for error, but it should still be doable.

FreqFlyerCLE I hope the CLE-TPA is added back too! Would give me a nonstop for the winter instead of my usual IAD/ORD connections.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Additional UA daily to MCO this winter also. With F9 flying two A321s and NK flying one daily plus DL Saturday service. UA brings in an old A320 for the Florida additions.

Sadly UA could fill an RJ to SRQ, PBI, and TPA if they added the one.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:51 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
The UA departure at 11 should just work if you are off the ship in the first group or two. Obviously not much room for error, but it should still be doable.
I'm not saying the nonstop is a bad thing, just that a noon return would be much better. I realize a lot of people go to/from FLL for reasons other than cruising, but just an hour later would make more sense—especially on Saturdays and Sundays.

RCCL: Earliest Departure Time: 11:30 AM
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:14 pm

A noon departure would also give them more room for delays in the turnaround time and would help increase on time performance. I'm guessing United is using the same plane for FLL and RSW so the FLL flight time is constrained by the need for a reasonable RSW flight time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.