Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Burke is closed July-18-21. RNC only.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
For the convention, some increase in plane size/ frequency from DC:

Sat 7/16
From DCA: 1x 738, 2x E70/75, 2x E145
From IAD: 3x CR7, 1x E70/75

That compares to tomorrow (Sat 7/9):
From DCA: 2x E145
From IAD: 4x CR7

Last edited by OhioExile; Jul 8, 2016 at 7:25 pm Reason: English!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Came home tonight and noticed that CLE graphics (relatively professional looking) have replaced the "globe" logo on the gate reader stations for the low C gates UA vacated. Not so professional vinyl signage has been directly slapped on to the back wall of the gate podiums (between the mounting rails that used to hold the UA branding).

I didn't notice if the faux wood grain podium I mentioned upthread was still there but I was meeting an AA pilot friend at ORD today, and the podiums they have on the "G" concourse looked identical to what I saw before so I'd feel confident saying in saying that it was an AA podium...but only one of them. (Wondering if the airport is making them hold off on doing anything until after the RNC)

Rental car shuttle now has a very chintzy and prematurely well-worn queue in what used to be the "lounge"-ish area near baggage claim belt 6 or so. All other shuttles are still in Siberia...er..the limo lot.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I heard airport director Szabo on NPR this morning saying they are bringing on 20 additional TSA agents for the RNC next week and extending the checkpoint hours to 3:30 am - 9 pm daily. Friday the 22nd is expected to be the busiest day.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA
A B747-400 coming to CLE

Looks like a B747 is heading to CLE from MHR. Flight #2244. Interesting! Anybody know why?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Looks like a B747 is heading to CLE from MHR. Flight #2244. Interesting! Anybody know why?
Seat Map on UA mobile app shows the flight almost entirely empty. Nobody in GF, 2 in BF, and 11 in E-.

Has to be a repositioning flight, but I can't fathom why they would need it for outbound travel from CLE when so many people are expected to come inbound to CLE for the RNC on Sunday... Unless it's going to sit around all week until the outbound traffic increases?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: UAL LT Gold (used to be a 1K) 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Looks like it'll be on the ground for 30 minutes before heading to O'Hare.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N174UA
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by JetJunkie
Looks like it'll be on the ground for 30 minutes before heading to O'Hare.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N174UA
Oh man, short flight... Wonder how often there's a B747 on the same route as an RJ147.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Seat Map on UA mobile app shows the flight almost entirely empty. Nobody in GF, 2 in BF, and 11 in E-.

Has to be a repositioning flight, but I can't fathom why they would need it for outbound travel from CLE when so many people are expected to come inbound to CLE for the RNC on Sunday... Unless it's going to sit around all week until the outbound traffic increases?
I wouldn't necessarily rely on United public data to be available (and accurate) for a charter flight. AFAIK, seats are not typically assigned on charters like that.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
UA 2268 B744 ORD-CLE operating tonight what is this for.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:32 pm

747 was a charter bringing 300 California Highway Patrol in for the RNC.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 737MAX
747 was a charter bringing 300 California Highway Patrol in for the RNC.
I guess these are the things you can afford when you have a 50 million dollar security grant...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...op-convention/
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Milage Plus
New carrier at CLE? Seems likely.

Hey guys. I flew out of CLE last week and took a ton of pictures, pretty muc several of each gate because I got there early. Both precheck and non precheck were about 10 minute wait at 10am. Anyways, I noticed that C2 AND a gate in B were being completely gutted and redone with nice new podiums and walls. I can ask the workers there what it is for when I fly back. The national car rental booth used to be there and C2 has not been used in years but it looks like it will be soon.

No jetbridges at low C gates, but still UA signing there. Jetblue is using C6 for now which is an ex UA gate and the UA signage at the gate is still showing despite a little jetblue banner. They had to do manual boarding and had no computers to use.

There is also empty ticketing space as well. I can post a pic of C2 and the gate in B being gutted if anybody wants.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:32 am

That's odd. I'm assuming American won't be using low C and a B gate, so who needs another B gate? Delta? Southwest? Southwest is doing so well at CLE, yet they have seemed hesitant to expand; Plus, they already have a new gate.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Originally Posted by VetteElite
That's odd. I'm assuming American won't be using low C and a B gate, so who needs another B gate? Delta? Southwest? Southwest is doing so well at CLE, yet they have seemed hesitant to expand; Plus, they already have a new gate.
I agree. The B gate in question is one of the lower B gates, around B1 I think. I can look at the pictures and let you know what B gate it is if you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.