Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by moops380
Is that your next prediction in that order?

Im in favor of aa picking up all the dca flights(connections plus avios reasons). aa to boston would be fine too (cx and jal connections) although not as likely considering competition. Mke is the lone monopoly route, probably sticking around due to corportate contracts. Id go with dca bos lax then mke.
I second this, although I think they may keep around the MKE flight for a while. I think UA's DCA flight will last until after the convention (I think RNE had suggested that already) and LAX may last until the end of September.

A couple of years ago, UA had the lion's share of the government's city pair contracts out of CLE. That number is sinking quickly - STL and LAS were already awarded to Southwest. I note they still have the contract between CLE and LAX, but that could change at any time as well.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO777
You forgot the United Club.
Sad to say, that is probably not too far off. The last couple times I have been there it is almost as dead as the AirSpace lounge

Every time I fly and the lounge is open I stop by to cast my 'vote'. Even if it is just to say hi the wonderful staff. I figure every entry helps a bit.

Would not be surprised to see the club downsized in the next two years.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Milage Plus
So, I was browsing CLE's website and noticed that F9 now has a nonstop to St. Louis? I thought that only WN had that route. It's sad that F9 flies to more nonstop cities than UA out of CLE.

http://www.clevelandairport.com/flig...on-stop-cities
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:57 am

Cle/error

The Cle web site is in error---no F-9 Stl service
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by trk1
The Cle web site is in error---no F-9 Stl service
That's what I thought. They probably meant to put STL under Southwest.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:04 pm

Has anybody on here heard of any new rumors, etc about anything at CLE?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by oscar555
Has anybody on here heard of any new rumors, etc about anything at CLE?
Just the Plain Dealer recent article: http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2016/02/whats_the_hold-up_cleveland_ho.html
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:02 pm

I see Cleveland has seasonal flights to San Juan - what season? Winter? Summer?

I tried a bunch of searched on hipmunk and united.com for direct flights to SJU from CLE and never got a direct flight even when specifying I only wanted to fly direct.

Finally I called and they said there was one this Saturday direct - so maybe its only Saturdays. But it seems United no longer publishes a PDF timetable so I can't really figure out when the direct flight occurs. I called and asked for a list of dates the direct CLE-SJU flight occurs over the next 2 months and they couldn't help me. They couldn't even tell me if its only on Saturdays.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
In March looks like it is operating Saturday and Sunday. Even during the hub days I think on year they tried it daily but it was usually Sat and Sun but did not operate year round.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by djc6
I see Cleveland has seasonal flights to San Juan - what season? Winter? Summer?

I tried a bunch of searched on hipmunk and united.com for direct flights to SJU from CLE and never got a direct flight even when specifying I only wanted to fly direct.

Finally I called and they said there was one this Saturday direct - so maybe its only Saturdays. But it seems United no longer publishes a PDF timetable so I can't really figure out when the direct flight occurs. I called and asked for a list of dates the direct CLE-SJU flight occurs over the next 2 months and they couldn't help me. They couldn't even tell me if its only on Saturdays.
Just use Google flights:
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:05 pm

Cle-SJU

What is so hard to find:

Cle-Sju Sat Non-stops up to June 9 then resumes on Nov 5
has also friday services in March and april

look up on timetable or reservations

Cle to Charleston seasonal runs June 11 thru August Sats only

Cle to Cancun runs most of the year on saturdays but has additions during holiday periods
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Just use Google flights:
Thank You, this is a good alternative to the discontinued United PDF timetable.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by trk1
What is so hard to find:

Cle-Sju Sat Non-stops up to June 9 then resumes on Nov 5
has also friday services in March and april

look up on timetable or reservations
Can I ask how you found this information? The time table makes me specify a date:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...e/default.aspx

When I use reservations, I also have to specify a date. In addition, I check only the box for nonstop - but its not honoring this and returning results with a stop:

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fli...ght/oneway/rev

I miss the PDF timetable. I also fly to SFO a lot, and I liked the PDF timetable because the departure time in the morning varied a lot. I could at a glance see which days had the latest departure time and pick those. Now I need to do a reservation search for every day to see what the schedule is.

Thanks for your help! When I called reservations even they couldn't tell me the information as concisely as you've provided it.

Last edited by djc6; Feb 28, 2016 at 12:03 am
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
JetBlue in C6?

After a flight today, walking down concourse C, I saw some JetBlue things in gate C6. It was probably just stuff being temporarily stored, it would be interesting if they were taking one of those gates!

Boy, would I be pleased if they started flying to JFK from CLE. We'd have even greater access to their route network that way.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up CLE C6 for Jet Blue

Originally Posted by plinth857
After a flight today, walking down concourse C, I saw some JetBlue things in gate C6. It was probably just stuff being temporarily stored, it would be interesting if they were taking one of those gates!

Boy, would I be pleased if they started flying to JFK from CLE. We'd have even greater access to their route network that way.
AFAIK, that is a permanent JetBlue gate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.