Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:14 pm

# 630 Why is this on the United forum?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
I was hoping to get rebooked with United... with business travel I don't get to choose.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
What's going on with all the low-numbered C gates? UA flights now all in/out of C15+.

C1-10 are mostly vacant apart from JB, no airline names at any GA stands, and today I saw the jet bridge from D6 is now attached to C6?
As noted above, UA has moved all operations to 14 gates at the far end of C (C10, C14, C17-C29-with AC using C20 and no jetway at C28). American will move to some of the vacated gates, although I don't know exactly when. jetBlue uses C4 and apparently will have first dibs on C6, should they need it, as it will become a common use gate controlled by CLE. Not sure the fate of C8.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
Just what the airport needed. More bad press. http://www.cleveland.com/cityhall/in...incart_m-rpt-1
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: UA
Looks like UA is parking some ExpressJet RJ145s at CLE due to EWR closure and winter wx. (E.g., UA 2438, from SBN parking at C07).
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Gee, the SUV driver was leading a parade of snow plows, some of which followed him before they realized what was happening.

http://www.cleveland.com/cityhall/in...cart_2box_news
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:29 am
RNE

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Looks like UA is parking some ExpressJet RJ145s at CLE due to EWR closure and winter wx. (E.g., UA 2438, from SBN parking at C07).
Dang. I was hoping for a 747. Or even a robin.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:12 am

Got a glimpse of the empty gates for the first time. It definitely looks a little strange.

The queuing of the TSA pre-check line was interesting and different. I know things are under construction, but I wonder if the layout (just the layout not the actual appearance) there is indicative of what it is going to be like when construction is complete?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:30 am
RNE

Originally Posted by plinth857
The queuing of the TSA pre-check line was interesting and different. I know things are under construction, but I wonder if the layout (just the layout not the actual appearance) there is indicative of what it is going to be like when construction is complete?
Please describe the layout.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus
If anybody could snap a few pictures of the gates that United abandoned (C1-C10), I would love to see what it looks like

Last edited by goalie; Jan 23, 2016 at 10:15 pm Reason: Off topic comments removed
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by oscar555
If anybody could snap a few pictures of the gates that United abandoned (C1-C10), I would love to see what it looks like
Here's one I snapped of the D5 jetway currently attached to C6.
http://i.imgur.com/g5GU2gu.jpg

I'll be there again this week and I'll take some more if I remember.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 24, 2016 at 1:40 pm Reason: removed IMG tag from oversized image
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Please describe the layout.
The snaking of the line was vertically aligned rather than horizontal, and the queue was kind of in its own separate room, almost. It was hard to tell if the drywall at the end was going to be permanent or temporary. If it's permanent, then it really is going to feel like a pen where flyers are shunted. I have to believe a great deal of that is due to the construction.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Here's a few more I took this morning on the walk down to the banjo. I think C2 is particularly interesting. Doesn't look like anybody will be flying out of there anytime soon.

http://imgur.com/a/yeKch

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 24, 2016 at 1:39 pm Reason: updated quote to reflect Mod edit
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Flew out of CLE two weeks ago and back into CLE last week. Very interesting airport. Forgive me if this repeats an earlier point (I haven't read all 643 comments on the thread) but apparently they're trying to hurry up construction to get the renovations complete before the Republican National Convention is held in Cleveland this July. I will say, I got to the airport earlier than usual (1 hour before a domestic F flight) for this reason, but I didn't need to. Despite the construction, I was able to get to my gate in ~15 minutes. I will give the airport HUGE props for having ample staff around directing passengers through the construction to security checkpoints, gates, etc. More than needed, probably. Made it extremely efficient and effective despite the renovations.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus

Thanks! It's crazy how empty it is now with all of those ex-UA gates stripped down. It's definitely going to be weird with AA coming in. Sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.