Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
I have also had a terrible experience with stays posting since the reservation system changes in late November, with only 1 of 5 hotel stays correctly posting

I had three stays that did not post at all and one that only posted the points and elite credit for 1 out of 4 nights

Furthermore, none of my Plat welcome points are posting and probably 80% of them are missing since the merger happened in August -- I'm not sure this is even worth chasing down at 1000 points / stay

I've also not gotten any points from the MegaBonus despite registering and having several stays with more than 2 nights at many different brands

It is getting really frustrating - they've had 3 years to plan for this and the level of customer service is poor - it is making the elite program feel like work instead of fun / rewarding. I am seriously thinking of status matching to Hyatt or Hilton for the first time in my 11+ years as an elite member with SPG
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
I have also had a terrible experience with stays posting since the reservation system changes in late November, with only 1 of 5 hotel stays correctly posting

I had three stays that did not post at all and one that only posted the points and elite credit for 1 out of 4 nights

Furthermore, none of my Plat welcome points are posting and probably 80% of them are missing since the merger happened in August -- I'm not sure this is even worth chasing down at 1000 points / stay

I've also not gotten any points from the MegaBonus despite registering and having several stays with more than 2 nights at many different brands

It is getting really frustrating - they've had 3 years to plan for this and the level of customer service is poor - it is making the elite program feel like work instead of fun / rewarding. I am seriously thinking of status matching to Hyatt or Hilton for the first time in my 11+ years as an elite member with SPG
My experience with stays and welcome bonus points not posting is identical. Then you have spend time on the phone, often more than once, with dumb Marriott agents to get what is rightfully yours. It seems Marriott's attitude is that now that they are so big, customers have no option but to stay at their properties. Well, I have already shifted many of my 2019 stays to other chains.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Finally able to submit a missing stay request that's keeping me one status level lower than I should be:

Thank you for contacting Marriott!
We have received your email. For your records, the following case number has been created: xxxxx
We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries.
One of our team members will review your inquiry and respond to you as soon as possible with a personal reply.
Thank you for choosing Marriott!
Five months into the merger and they still have to write that
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The level of incompetence over there is baffling

Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CMK10
The level of incompetence over there is baffling
Funny! I had the exact same issue with same hotel. (The hotel name/logo is on the back of the folio.) What was even more ridiculous is that I ended up calling in the missing stay request after waiting 7-8 days because I wanted it to post before the end of the year. The phone agent posted it immediately and I got the email a day later.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Finally able to submit a missing stay request that's keeping me one status level lower than I should be:
We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries.
Five months into the merger and they still have to write that
Presumably they're hoping that inquiry volume will decrease once we all simply accept that our stays won't post and stop complaining about it.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:47 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
There should be a bonus
1000 points for the second missing stay
2000 for the second to fifth
10000 for every stay not posting automatically after the fifth
margarita girl, UA-NYC and Will08 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Kacee
Presumably they're hoping that inquiry volume will decrease once we all simply accept that our stays won't post and stop complaining about it.
I have it on good authority that my personal inquiry rate will drop by up to 100%, since I'm moving over to Hyatt.

Mike
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
When a stay will get posted into account?

I checked out on 14-Jan, until now 2 days later, still not seeing the stay posted into my account.

It is a SPG legacy hotel. Normally it should posted next day. But I heard the system has changed now and the hotel cannot do manual posting anymore,

So when I should see my stays posted?

BTW, when those promo points posted (the brands and 2+ nights stays)? I see none posted into my account.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by lingua101
I checked out on 14-Jan, until now 2 days later, still not seeing the stay posted into my account.

It is a SPG legacy hotel. Normally it should posted next day. But I heard the system has changed now and the hotel cannot do manual posting anymore,

So when I should see my stays posted?

BTW, when those promo points posted (the brands and 2+ nights stays)? I see none posted into my account.
The stay has been posted to my account. but unfortunately it has posted only for 1 night instead of 3 nights.

I notice there is no number of nights listed on the activities list. How on Earth this information is being on omitted. luckily this is my first stay in the year. Subsequently how do I know how many nights have been posted into the account?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA AA
Staying at the Westin's in Houston Galleria area - everything was going great until they switched to the "new" Marriott system. They switched on a Monday night, splitting 3 day stay into a 1 day and 2 day. The Monday stay from the old system posted as usual, but everything after that has not posted. I ended up sending in my stays to my Ambassador to get credit. The issue was, and still is maybe, that the new system was transferring my stay as zero-rev, so the affinity system didn't think I earned any points, or however the two connect.

You know if the systems were issuing double points, or something like that, Marriott would be all over it.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
I didn't read this entire thread or find anything useful via search, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone and if you've had any success at getting it resolved. I haven't really looked at my activity very closely in months. I noticed stays were posting, but that's all. Today I noticed something way off.

Let's say my folio is $500 after parking, taxes etc. but the room rate is $150 and I stayed 3 nights. My stay posts as 450 points + 0 Elite + 500 Bonus (welcome amenity?) = Total 950. Clearly way way off.

Points should be 4500 + 3000ish Elite + 500. (why are some 500 and others 1000 now?) Total = 8000. So every single stay since mid-August has been this way. I called ambassador line and they are doing an "audit" on my account so we'll have to see what comes back from that. But it's clearly way way off. Right?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azeckel
.....Let's say my folio is $500 after parking, taxes etc. but the room rate is $150 and I stayed 3 nights. My stay posts as 450 points + 0 Elite + 500 Bonus (welcome amenity?) = Total 950. Clearly way way off......
Not unusual, unfortunately. Reported by some FTers and yours truly. I had a three night paid stay, with restaurant charges, posted as 36 base point. I would have loved to pay $3.60 for that stay. I review all my post merger stays now.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I've had nothing but disastrous experiences getting points/stay activity posting to my account every time I stay at the Sheraton Grand Doha in Doha, Qatar. I have been staying at the hotel two/three times a month for the past two months, and all but one of my stays had to be manually posted because the hotel always claims that the activity is posted, although my account never reflects it [a quick call/e-mail to the Ambassador line always fixes that]. The one stay that did post, however, posted with only a quarter of the points that should have been awarded, so another write-up to the Ambassadors fixed that.

In all my years as an SPG member, I only had to file one missing stay request; post 8/18/18, I've had seven. I hope the switch to Marriott's new ERS system when Bonvoy launches on 2/13 fixes things and all this ugliness can be put to rest.

khabah
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
My "Account Activity" has been erroring since October. Today, it's fixed!! Woohoo...i can see everything ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.