Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
No sign of a Saturday-Sunday Renaissance stay last weekend, I'd say "this is getting ridiculous" but it's already been ridiculous for quite some time. Thankfully the system knew enough to deduct the SNA at least
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:58 am

Had 3 stays post Feb13. Two at legacy SPG properties all posted within 24 hours. One at a legacy Marriott property that posted 6 days after checkout. I have to say it’s consistent with prior to the merger. Legacy Marriott tends to posts late. SPG posts super quickly.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
I have two stays from the second half of Feb that haven't posted yet, one Autograph Collection and one Aloft, so for me at least it's not specifically an ex-SPG or ex-Marriott problem. It's a bummer that they're developing new IT problems before the previous IT problems are fully resolved
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:08 pm

Now five days post an outstanding stay at the St. Regis Florence, and no sign of it on the account. If it doesn't post on its own - and I doubt it will - this'll make four in a row.

Come on Marriott... I do dozens of stays a year, and I really don't want to have to chase them all down. Get your act together.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM MR-Plat HH-Diamond SPG-Plat UA-Silver National-EE
Stays not posting since Bonvoy launch?

Anyone else having stays and points not post since Bonvoy Launched? I’ve had to contact my ambassador to get my last two stays posted...

Anyone else having this problem?

Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
A Tuesday night MR stay- which normally posted in 48 hrs pre-merger, and for which I have an E-mailed folio- hasn't posted yet. I guess I'll have to wait out the 10 days, but the new Bonvoy is making a poor showing so far.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs down Not One Stay has posted since November without having to request

Have had a great number of stays, all at legacy SPG properties since November and not one has posted automatically. Getting tedious and frustrating to have to request credit every time. Marriott IT is an absolute disaster. They have had plenty of time to get it right, but nothing seems to be resolving. I have been very patient, but am close to jumping ship. The upper level management at Marriott does not really seem to care how they treat their guests, particularly those who have been loyal a long time. Sorensen needs to get his head out of the sand and address his horrific IT situation.

Last edited by marlee1421; Mar 2, 2019 at 1:31 pm
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Not having this problem. But I’ve had this pre bonvoy launch. Call customer service, they can fix it quickly for you
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:36 pm

Should not have to get it corrected every time

Should not have to address this every time. This is an issue that many seem to be having. Should be addressed corporately without having to closely monitor and then wait 10 days after every stay to request.You may not be having a problem, but read this thread and note how many are.

QUOTE=Nuhusky;30839747]
Not having this problem. But I’ve had this pre bonvoy launch. Call customer service, they can fix it quickly for you
[/QUOTE]
makin'miles likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
havent had problems either (so far). My hunch is that it’s property specific because it’s individual properties that have to post the credits. It might be a training issue with the new system but definitely property specific.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:20 pm

At least 10 different properties

Does not seem to be property specific to me. Have had the problem at over 10 different properties over 5 different brands. Seems systemic and of need of an IT fix (after someone fixes the IT dept.)

across
Originally Posted by myperks

havent had problems either (so far). My hunch is that it’s property specific because it’s individual properties that have to post the credits. It might be a training issue with the new system but definitely property specific.
gcashin likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by marlee1421
Does not seem to be property specific to me. Have had the problem at over 10 different properties over 5 different brands. Seems systemic and of need of an IT fix (after someone fixes the IT dept.)

across
we should start a list of properties that are not posting to accounts within days 10 days... because my whole team stays at SPG/Marriott properties and have only heard one or two stays that have not posted post August 18, including award stays (I’ve personally had over 15+ stays since August 18. That being said, the platinum amenities seems to be a definite follow up. I do consider my lucky in this transition with little hiccups in status and stay posting. (Knock on wood)
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE
I had 5 stays in February and only one posted automatically, which was a Fairfield. Didn’t post for a Westin, Marriott, and Autograph. So it seems like it’s not a brand or hotel specific problem. This is getting frustrating.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Definitely not brand or hotel specific problem.
I've had a Courtyard and Westin that did not post. Then an Aloft reservation with a $800 bill only posted 500 points. So that was interesting. This was in a span of 2 months.
Missing stay requests that were submitted usually does not post Green Choice points or welcome points too...so one typically has to follow up with the rep to get it adjusted (again).
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Definitely not brand or hotel specific problem.
I've had a Courtyard and Westin that did not post. Then an Aloft reservation with a $800 bill only posted 500 points. So that was interesting. This was in a span of 2 months.
Missing stay requests that were submitted usually does not post Green Choice points or welcome points too...so one typically has to follow up with the rep to get it adjusted (again).
definitely not a brand problem as I just had my Westin post within 24 hours after checkout and so did my 3 other colleagues and also the Sheraton a week before that. I say it’s property specific because properties have to post the stays in order for points to credit. Whether it’s because properties don’t know how to use the new system (legacy SPG properties) or some sort of other issues, I can’t imagine it’s all Marriott corporate’s fault even though we try to attribute everything to the IT faults of Marriott, which I agree is not good. That is why people should start listing the properties that they are not getting credit for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.