Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
if one of the included activities (such as intro to scuba or photo session) was not available during the stay because they were booked out (due to high season high occupancy), would it be easy to get the resort fees waived ?
No, the resort fee is a way to increase revenue without raising room rate, not to actually provide you with services.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Dec 20, 2017 at 11:19 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
if one of the included activities (such as intro to scuba or photo session) was not available during the stay because they were booked out (due to high season high occupancy), would it be easy to get the resort fees waived ?
You could certainly make that pitch. But "easy"? I doubt it.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by tjo4
My reservation for February (made last summer) now shows a $42 increase as a result of the new fee. On my reservation page, it says, "USD 35 daily resort fee added to room rate includes Internet/bike rentals/intro scuba/Mai Tai drinks/discounts and more!"
I am staying here for the 4th time in March and I swear I am going to rent a bike and drink a damn Mai Tai everyday just because.

BTW, is there anyway for them to use a percentage of the resort fee to heat the pool?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by kaw753
I am staying here for the 4th time in March and I swear I am going to rent a bike and drink a damn Mai Tai everyday just because.

BTW, is there anyway for them to use a percentage of the resort fee to heat the pool?
Good luck with that. You get two Mai Tai coupons and a single rental for only two bikes for one hour over the entire length of your stay. Extra bicycles are $25/hour.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by N1Flyer

Good luck with that. You get two Mai Tai coupons and a single rental for only two bikes for one hour over the entire length of your stay. Extra bicycles are $25/hour.
Arrggghhhhh!!!! They make it sound like you can get it everyday!!!! Thanks for allowing us to adjust expectations!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
Arrggghhhhh!!!! They make it sound like you can get it everyday!!!! Thanks for allowing us to adjust expectations!
I now realize that the two Starbucks coupons I get on checkin were instead of the Mai Tais. I use the Starbucks to get coffee at 5:30am to walk to meet my dive operator, so all is not lost.

Seriously, anyway for them to heat the pool?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Kacee
You could certainly make that pitch. But "easy"? I doubt it.
I'm gonna be pro-active about finding all kind of issues and things to complain about so that I can get the resort fee waived. Watch me!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:43 pm

Does anyone have the email address for this property? I have some questions and would like to reach out to them.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:37 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by windhund
Does anyone have the email address for this property? I have some questions and would like to reach out to them.
Their facebook page responds quickly to messages
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:59 pm

Thanks, I hadn't thought to try that. I'll give it a shot.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:02 pm

I had a flight and hotel package where I was going to use the 7 night certificate for this property for a week in August. I had already acknowledged I was going to have to eat the $30 day parking fee (must be going up because reservation stated that) and the $35 day resort fee. When I saw my reservation online I realized they had 1 adult and since I had requested the 2 queen option, I was concerned they may switch me to the King. I am travelling with my wife and child and wanted the 2 beds. So I called up to have them switch it to the 2 adults 1 child and was informed there is a $40 night additional charge for over 2 people - @#$#!. I might stay a block away at the residence inn there getting good reviews.

Does anyone know if they assign resort wrist bands here to know if you're staying at the resort?

Last edited by beltline; Feb 12, 2018 at 11:14 am
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by beltline
I had a flight and hotel package where I was going to use the 7 night certificate for this property for a week in August. I had already acknowledged I was going to have to eat the $30 day parking fee (must be going up because reservation stated that) and the $35 day resort fee. When I saw my reservation online I realized they had 1 adult and since I had requested the 2 queen option, I was concerned they may switch me to the King. I am travelling with my wife and child and wanted the 2 beds. So I called up to have them switch it to the 2 adults 1 child and was informed there is a $40 night additional charge for over 2 people - @#$#!. I might stay a block away at the residence inn there getting good reviews.

Does anyone know if they assign resort wrist bands here to know if you're staying at the resort?
What? They shouldn't be charging extra for kids - isn't that just for adults? Or is this specific to your package or the fact that you did a last minute change?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by pokee
What? They shouldn't be charging extra for kids - isn't that just for adults? Or is this specific to your package or the fact that you did a last minute change?
So I called the resort directly to inquire and found out that the Marriott Rewards representative was wrong. The resort stated that anymore than 2 adults would result in $40 per adult per day extra fee. However they stated that I was allowed 2 children at no charge. The Marriott rewards representative was literally trying to charge me another $40 per day for my 12 year old stating she could not distinguish between child and adult and stated since I had 3 people in the room she had to put 3 adults in the room. The resort instructed me to have them just mark it as 2 adults in the room and when I check in they would add the child.

As another data point below are the resort fees for 7 days (you get taxed on it)
Marriott Rewards Redemption
ESTIMATED GOVERNMENT TAXES & FEES 5.05 USD
Resort fee 35.00 USDTotal for stay (for all rooms) 280.32 USD
Other Charges
•On-site parking, fee: 30 USD daily
•Valet parking, fee: 35 USD daily

Parking fee looks like it went up also

Last edited by beltline; Feb 14, 2018 at 7:02 am
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
So your "free" week is going to end up costing almost $500! Ridiculous.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
So your "free" week is going to end up costing almost $500! Ridiculous.
Most importantly that $500 includes essentially what you don't need... I am thinking about doing 7 night stay later this year but this $500 bothers me A LOT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.