Search
Old May 25, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orca15
Different versions of this promo:

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for being RewardsPlus

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for having Marriott CC

* A “stay” is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.

Ends September 5.
Print Wikipost

Summer 2016 promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nequine
I just got mine just now - double credits for stays. Kicks in the start of June and applies to all says until the end of the year.
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Ditto. It seems to be of little or no use as PP/Lifetime Plat.
??

I don't have any new promotions listed. Is this just for non-US based members or something?

And is it really just double Elite nights...no extra points or anything?

Not understanding...
Old May 23, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I just got mine just now - double credits for stays. Kicks in the start of June and applies to all says until the end of the year.
I think that's a promotion targeted only for members outside the US, not the typical megabonus.
Old May 23, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by Saidoh
I think that's a promotion targeted only for members outside the US, not the typical megabonus.
Sounds like this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l-members.html

-mvitale
Old May 23, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Ditto. It seems to be of little or no use as PP/Lifetime Plat.
Already a separate thread about that:
And as you can tell from the title, it is not worldwide.

But since it doesn't earn anything other than elite credits, I wouldn't consider it any more a general "summer promotion" than the Protea promotion (which last till then end of June but is only valid at Protea properties which only exist in Africa).

Also, it's of little use to anyone shooting for lifetime status but needing points more than nights.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
anyone else get this:

Earn up to 12,000 bonus points — and get a chance to win our summer sweepstakes.

See Details
Earn with your exclusive member offer — and as a Marriott Rewards® Credit Cardmember, receive a 20% bonus. It’s easy:
Register by September 5, 2016
Stay at participating properties between May 24 and September 5, 2016
Earn 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 10,000 bonus points
Receive 2,000 points(a 20% bonus) after your 6th stay, exclusively for you as a valued Marriott Rewards credit cardmember

Enter our sweeps when you register, and again with every night you stay: 100 members will win 100,000 points – for a total of 10 million points.
* A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
**See Official Sweepstakes Rules, including how to earn additional entries without completing a stay.
Members get it: Sweeps, bonus points and member rates. This is your summer for sweet rewards.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TomBrady
anyone else get this:

Earn up to 12,000 bonus points — and get a chance to win our summer sweepstakes.

See Details
Earn with your exclusive member offer — and as a Marriott Rewards® Credit Cardmember, receive a 20% bonus. It’s easy:
Earn 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 10,000 bonus points
Receive 2,000 points(a 20% bonus) after your 6th stay, exclusively for you as a valued Marriott Rewards credit cardmember

Enter our sweeps when you register, and again with every night you stay: 100 members will win 100,000 points – for a total of 10 million points.
* A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
**See Official Sweepstakes Rules, including how to earn additional entries without completing a stay.
Members get it: Sweeps, bonus points and member rates. This is your summer for sweet rewards.
Yup, both my wife and I got this. Another stay based offer, which sucks for those of us who tend to have long stays. We already have 17 nights booked in this period under my wife's account running more than $4K in room charges, but only 3 stays so a whopping 4,000 bonus points. Oh, boy! I have two stays, two nights and one night in my account, so I will get 2,000 for a little more that $400 in room charges. Glad we have some kind of summer bonus, but a nights based one would have gotten us a lot more.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone else get this:

See Details

Yes, thanks!

It's there under my Promotion Central (when logged in) as "2016 Global Promotion".
Old May 23, 2016, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michilander
Yup, both my wife and I got this. Another stay based offer, which sucks for those of us who tend to have long stays. We already have 17 nights booked in this period under my wife's account running more than $4K in room charges, but only 3 stays so a whopping 4,000 bonus points. Oh, boy! I have two stays, two nights and one night in my account, so I will get 2,000 for a little more that $400 in room charges. Glad we have some kind of summer bonus, but a nights based one would have gotten us a lot more.
Well, promotions are designed to induce new behavior. You were going to do those Marriott stays whether there was a promo or not, so I'm not sure how valid it is to complain. Starwood, which is going to be merging with Marriott (and so Starwood points will become Marriott points) has a different promo, which requires 2 nights minimum per stay, maybe you should have book Starwood properties instead?

It's exactly because people tend to do longer stays in the summer that so many hotel programs do stay-based promos in the summer. Their goal is to get the most spend from you possible, not to give you the most points possible. Look at it from their perspective, if you were going to do the exact same stays whether there was a promo or not, why should the promo be the kind that you prefer?

It's the people who weren't going to stay at Marriott properties at all this summer, had a promo not been announced, that it's most aimed at.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
It seems that mine is a little bit different from TomBrady's; likely due to the fact that I'm enrolled in RewardsPlus as a United frequent flyer:

Earn up to 10,000 points + 2,000 miles — and get a chance to win our summer sweepstakes.

See Details
Earn with your member offer — and as a RewardsPlus member, you can also receive United® MileagePlus® award miles. It’s easy:
Receive 2,000 MileagePlus® bonus award miles after your 6th stay, exclusively for you from RewardsPlus

Members get it: Sweeps, bonus points, bonus miles and member rates. It’s your summer for sweet rewards.
Interesting to note that I get a 2k bonus miles as a RewardsPlus member, but TomBrady gets 20% bonus points as a MR Credit Card holder. I used to be one, but cancelled it earlier this year when LTP was within easy reach.

Insert idle wondering about what would happen if I had kept the credit card *and* been a RewardsPlus member..... ;-)

-mvitale
Old May 23, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Got the same offer. Better than nothing I guess.

anyone else get this:

See Details

Old May 23, 2016, 9:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Is there maybe a direct link to signup? My spouse had it on her account but I did not. (both have MR Chase cards) I am Plat, she is silver. I'll call if I don't see the promotion in the morning. Since it is a giveaway I would think I could register for it.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Originally Posted by Michilander
Why don't you switch between you and your wife's accounts, each night or every couple of nights, staying at the same property, probably the same room. Many more stays for each.

I have done that many times, even when my wife is not travelling with me.
Old May 24, 2016, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Got this:

Enter our summer sweepstakes – and earn up to 10,000 bonus points.

See Details
Earn bonus points this summer – and get our lowest rates all the time:
Receive an additional sweepstakes entry with every stay**

Enter our sweeps when you register, and again with every night you stay: 100 members will win 100,000 points – for a total of 10 million points
I think I'll switch my paid stays to point stays.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Same here. Looking at the fine print, however, I am again wondering who does the assignment of these offers as living in Germany I am not eligible to participate in the sweepstakes:

The Marriott Rewards Sweet Summer Sweeps (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom, who, as of date of entry, are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence, whichever is greater and are Marriott Rewards members.
Major fail IMHO - don't show the carrot to people that are ineligible anyhow (and you know that)...

Greetings - Dirk
Old May 24, 2016, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by djohannw
Same here. Looking at the fine print, however, I am again wondering who does the assignment of these offers as living in Germany I am not eligible to participate in the sweepstakes:

Major fail IMHO - don't show the carrot to people that are ineligible anyhow (and you know that)...

Greetings - Dirk
Not that the chance of winning is high......

It's interesting that the sweepstakes includes the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.