Search
Old May 25, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orca15
Different versions of this promo:

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for being RewardsPlus

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for having Marriott CC

* A “stay” is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.

Ends September 5.
Print Wikipost

Summer 2016 promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 1:33 pm

Stays right after the promotion was registered counted?

I just had two stays May 25 and May 27 before I realized this promotion(Version 3 I got) and registered it. Would it be possible for me to get the stay bonus credits?
Old May 29, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Anyone think they'll do a MegaBonus on top of this promotion? If not, really weak promo although still better than last year's lack of summer MegaBonus
Old May 30, 2016, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awu25
Anyone think they'll do a MegaBonus on top of this promotion? If not, really weak promo although still better than last year's lack of summer MegaBonus
The summer promotion, even when it exists, is never called Megabonus. Two years ago it was called the Unexpected Bonus. Though I'd say it's this year that it was actually "unexpected" .

Meanwhile, in case you haven't noticed, this year's spring MegaBonus was structured quite differently than any previous MegaBonus. So it's clear to me that they're no longer into just repeating the same kind of legacy-MegaBonus-style promotions endlessly, but rather experimenting with various sorts of new types of promotions.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Is this targeted? I've received no email, there's nothing in Promo Central, and when I click on the link in the promo advert on the Marriott homepage it's inactive. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's targeted but the homepage link doesn't work even when I'm not logged into the system.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Same here.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call if it is not in your account.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:06 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I had to call for the spring megabonus so I'm guessing it's just another IT screw up on Marriott's part...
Old May 31, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
I hope this is not the summer bonus... as I have already completed my 6 stays at 6 different hotels in the last 7 night. Bonus complete..... probably the easiest one I have been challenged with. Pretty weak 10,000 points + 2,000 RDM's with UA.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:17 am

I just had two stays May 25 and May 27 before I realized this promotion(Version 3 I got) and registered it. Would it be possible for me to get the stay bonus credits?
Anyone know the answer to this? I'm in the same boat. I had one stay checking out on 5/26 and one checking out on 5/27, but I wasn't registered for the promotion yet. I will have 4 more stays next week so that would get me to 6, but I don't have any more stays planned until August or September after that.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
According tot he T&C you don't have to be registered prior to stays, just register by the deadline and any stays within the promo period count.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by rylan
According tot he T&C you don't have to be registered prior to stays, just register by the deadline and any stays within the promo period count.
That looks to be correct. I logged into my Marriott account this morning and it shows 2 stays in my Promotion Progress. Looks like I'll get this knocked out by the weekend. Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:18 am

Is a one-night stay eligible? T&C wording states "consecutive nights", which leads me to believe 2+ nights:

* A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by OPman21
Is a one-night stay eligible? T&C wording states "consecutive nights", which leads me to believe 2+ nights:

* A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
Yes. I completed the promotion with 1 night stays at different hotels. Received all bonuses as well.. Still waiting on UA miles.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)

Yes. They only phrase it like that to say that if you check out of a hotel and check back in the same day (2 "stays" at the same hotel on consecutive nights), it will only count as one stay. One-nighters are perfectly valid, though.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, a more compete definition would be:
* A “stay” is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.