Search
Old May 25, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orca15
Different versions of this promo:

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for being RewardsPlus

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for having Marriott CC

* A “stay” is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.

Ends September 5.
Print Wikipost

Summer 2016 promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Anyone with the credit card have the final 2K post yet?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by txpenny
Yes, mine posted shortly after my last stay for the promotion.

--Jon
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes, my final have posted as well. Burned through this promo pretty quick...and still getting emails telling me to stay at Marriott to earn the Summer bonus points.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The answer may (I'm not sure) depend on which kind of points+cash you're referring to.

The original Marriott points+cash was nothing more than mixing some nights on points and other nights with cash. But since this is a "stay" promo, it's unclear how they'd count that, if that stay is a mix of paid and award nights.

The new Marriott points+cash (where both points and cash are used for 1 night) is definitely a points stay, with a discount on the points payable with cash.

Paid stays means it has to be a paid rate, not an award rate where you pay for something else (a discount on the award, a meal, whatever).
Did anyone else have an experience with a cash+points stay? (the new type - cash/points for 1 night)

Have a 3 night stay this weekend that I may switch 1 night to a different property to get the extra points, but not sure if my cash+points rate at my original hotel will even earn the bonus.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
FYI, last 2K for CC did not post automatically. Had to call for both mine and my wife's account.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
It's looking more and more like this promotion is all we will see this summer. A far cry from the Megabonus promotions of the past (which really did challenge us to stay a lot of nights). The days of receiving windfall bonus points for staying 30 nights are over it appears.

Hopefully the fall/winter promotions are a little more exciting that what we have seen so far this year.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
I had one "cash and points stay" and one using a cert last month, and neither qualified for the points.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
I was registered to obtain 10,000 Marriott points + 2000 United miles upon completion. I had completed the promotion 3 weeks ago and had the 10,000 Marriott points posted but did not have the United 2,000 miles posted to my account. I called customer service and they told me those miles would post 4-6 after "the promotion" ended, which is September 5th. So don't expect those until around October if that was your bonus. Maybe others have got this already. The rep I spoke with hadn't even heard of that promotion and had to look it up and talk to someone else, which I thought was odd.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
After my last stay the 5th and 6th installment posted at the same time.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+2

Originally Posted by Saidoh
After my last stay the 5th and 6th installment posted at the same time.
same with mine. both posted the same day.

Last edited by Jiatong; Jul 30, 2016 at 8:24 pm Reason: spl
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mclymerne
I was registered to obtain 10,000 Marriott points + 2000 United miles upon completion. I had completed the promotion 3 weeks ago and had the 10,000 Marriott points posted but did not have the United 2,000 miles posted to my account. I called customer service and they told me those miles would post 4-6 after "the promotion" ended, which is September 5th. So don't expect those until around October if that was your bonus. Maybe others have got this already. The rep I spoke with hadn't even heard of that promotion and had to look it up and talk to someone else, which I thought was odd.
Mine posted within a couple days
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Still getting 5K extra points every week from the Hilton double points promo Haven't stayed in a Marriott all summer except awards.

I would have never guessed how much these promos drive behavior but I'm the poster child right now.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:06 am

Does check-in on Sep 5 and check-out on Sep 6 count for this promotion?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jiatong
same with mine. both posted the same day.
+3

Mine also posted together.

These 6 stays also completed my gold challenge, so for me all 3 (bonus + gold) posted together, about 30 hours from my checkout.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny coincidence. I got an email today reminding me about the Summer promotion, and that I still have time to complete it, within a few hours of when my final 2000 + 2000 points posted. (Ie, I had already completed my last stay in the Summer Promotion a couple days ago, but it took a couple days to register as such.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.