Search
Old May 25, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orca15
Different versions of this promo:

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for being RewardsPlus

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for having Marriott CC

* A “stay” is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.

Ends September 5.
Print Wikipost

Summer 2016 promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Today in my account I saw the offer for 10k/5 stays, starting with the second stay, plus 2k after the 6th as an MR credit card holder.

What's odd is that it starts immediately. Like, today. I've never seen MR announce a promo with zero lead time before. It's almost like they scrambled at the last minute to produce an offer when they saw their competitors were all offering bonuses and their bookings were down.

Of course, 3 of my next 4 bookings are already with non-MR properties. It's a direct result of them not having a summer promo in advance like their primary competitors.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by Saidoh
I'm also enrolled in Rewards Plus and got the same offer as TomBrady, for a 20% bonus as a cardholder, which I would prefer since I don't fly United (although I guess it would've been a wash since United miles can be transferred to Marriott 1:1 as a Rewards Plus member). It could be that it depends on whether you are United Gold/Marriott Gold or Marriott Plat/United Silver. I'm the latter.
Perhaps what your experience means is that "being a cardholder" takes precedence over "being a RewardsPlus member", and that's why you got the 20% bonus points instead of 2000 miles offer.

But hey, if it works out in your favor that way, so much the better. I'll take the miles, as I fly United basically weekly to get to my job (whereupon I stay at a Marriott!)

-mvitale
Old May 25, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wonder if a checkout on 5/24 will count.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Promo still wasn't showing in my account so I called & had the MR agent register me for it. He said it would take 24-hours to show up in my account.

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - in the sweepstakes rules, the 100,000 points are being valued by Marriott as $1,250 (or .0125/point). If someone does win the 100K points the 1099 will be $1,250.

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Promotion was in my account for the sweepstakes. Booked some rooms.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I received the standard offer of:

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for having Marriott CC
Old May 26, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; MR LT Titanium; HHonors Gold; IHG Plat; Sbux gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Wonder if a checkout on 5/24 will count.
I'd lean towards no. I had a stay this week from Mon 5/23-Wed 5/24. It looks like the marriott actually split up my bill, as i got a 5/23-5/24 stay email this morning. I presume I'll get the 5/24-5/25 bill tomorrow, and I'll get a promo stay for that. I have no idea why else they'd do that.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I got the 10k + 2k for a being a card member offer. Can't say I'm terribly impressed by this promotion but it's better than nothing.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Saidoh
I'm also enrolled in Rewards Plus and got the same offer as TomBrady, for a 20% bonus as a cardholder, which I would prefer since I don't fly United (although I guess it would've been a wash since United miles can be transferred to Marriott 1:1 as a Rewards Plus member). It could be that it depends on whether you are United Gold/Marriott Gold or Marriott Plat/United Silver. I'm the latter.
I am Marriott Gold and just a base member with United. I also received the 2,000 points as a Marriott Visa cardholder.

Last edited by Voodoo Daddy; May 26, 2016 at 8:47 am Reason: Error
Old May 26, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - in the sweepstakes rules, the 100,000 points are being valued by Marriott as $1,250 (or .0125/point). If someone does win the 100K points the 1099 will be $1,250.

Cheers.
So $300+ in taxes for 100,000 points. I guess I'd take it, but I wouldn't be thrilled.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I got the 10k + 2k for a being a card member offer. Can't say I'm terribly impressed by this promotion but it's better than nothing.
Agreed. Since I was expecting no promotion at all, this is a mildly pleasant surprise.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Do points+cash stays count for this promo? The T&Cs are not clear, they just say paid stays.

Do points+cash stays even earn points in general?
Old May 26, 2016, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tirk44
I'd lean towards no. I had a stay this week from Mon 5/23-Wed 5/24. It looks like the marriott actually split up my bill, as i got a 5/23-5/24 stay email this morning. I presume I'll get the 5/24-5/25 bill tomorrow, and I'll get a promo stay for that. I have no idea why else they'd do that.
That is very odd. I think the property has to split the bill and I'd be surprised if they were even aware of the promo.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
Do points+cash stays count for this promo? The T&Cs are not clear, they just say paid stays.

Do points+cash stays even earn points in general?
The answer may (I'm not sure) depend on which kind of points+cash you're referring to.

The original Marriott points+cash was nothing more than mixing some nights on points and other nights with cash. But since this is a "stay" promo, it's unclear how they'd count that, if that stay is a mix of paid and award nights.

The new Marriott points+cash (where both points and cash are used for 1 night) is definitely a points stay, with a discount on the points payable with cash.

Paid stays means it has to be a paid rate, not an award rate where you pay for something else (a discount on the award, a meal, whatever).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.