Old May 25, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orca15
Different versions of this promo:

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for being RewardsPlus

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for having Marriott CC

* A stay is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.

Ends September 5.
Print Wikipost

Summer 2016 promotion

Old May 17, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Summer 2016 promotion

Just sat in on a phone call a friend made to MR to handle a points dispute. At the end of the call, without prompting, the Marriott rep said:

"While we don't have any details about future promotions at hand, if there were to be a summer promotion, it would kick off on June 1. So make sure to log into your account and check the Promotions area on or around June 1."

Thought that was interesting.
Old May 17, 2016, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Except for last year there's usually been a summer promo each year. I think dates are usually June 1-August 31. Remains to be seen if they'll do it again/how their experiment of not having one worked last summer.

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope this is good info, although it would be unusual for them not to have announced yet. They usually give a little more time to plan.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I hope this is good info, although it would be unusual for them not to have announced yet. They usually give a little more time to plan.
"While we don't have any details about future promotions at hand, if there were to be a summer promotion"

Think the bolded is the operative part. Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Marriott offered a scaled-back promo during the summer of 2014, and no promo last year. This appears to be a trend based on MR's belief that they will get enough summer traffic without a promotion. I will be highly surprised if there is a summer promotion. Based on this belief, I have moved enough stays to IHG to hit the penultimate tier of their Shared Rewards promotion. If MR does offer something at this point, it will have to be quite good to induce me to move those stays back.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Summer in the northern hemisphere is winter in the southern hemisphere. The people far south must be wondering why there's no "winter" promotion. (Of course, for half of that "winter", there is one for Protea, which is a southern hemisphere brand.)

How much of a presence does Marriott have in the southern hemisphere other than Protea?
Old May 17, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
I have 11 Marriott nights booked for June. If they don't have a promotion some of those will be switched to IHG to pile up some bonus points there.
Old May 17, 2016, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mclymerne
I have 11 Marriott nights booked for June. If they don't have a promotion some of those will be switched to IHG to pile up some bonus points there.
In 2014, last time they had one, it was announced on May 6.
Old May 18, 2016, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One can always stay at SPG hotels this summer where bonus is offered until 31 July
Old May 18, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by username
One can always stay at SPG hotels this summer where bonus is offered until 31 July
Only if you're staying for two or more nights.
Old May 19, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
I thought they gave us a psuedo summer bonus with that 3rd win from the spring promotion.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Yeah, they have always announced the summer bonuses by now, but this spring bonus was organized completely differently than any I had ever seen before. Possible they are planning a surprise bonus on 1 June?
Old May 23, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I just got mine just now - double credits for stays. Kicks in the start of June and applies to all says until the end of the year.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by nequine
I just got mine just now - double credits for stays. Kicks in the start of June and applies to all says until the end of the year.
Ditto. It seems to be of little or no use as PP/Lifetime Plat.
Old May 23, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nequine
Redemptions included or just paid stays? Thx.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.