Search
Old May 25, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orca15
Different versions of this promo:

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for being RewardsPlus

* 10K for 5 stays, starting at the 2nd stay + 2K for 6th for having Marriott CC

* A “stay” is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.

Ends September 5.
Print Wikipost

Summer 2016 promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, a more compete definition would be:
* A “stay” is defined as any number (1+) of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity.
Agree - and added to the wiki

Cheers.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long is it taking for the points to post on this? They haven't posted yet for a stay ending on 6/3. (The stay posted on 6/8) The promotion ticker says Stays made = 1. But no points.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
How long is it taking for the points to post on this? They haven't posted yet for a stay ending on 6/3. (The stay posted on 6/8) The promotion ticker says Stays made = 1. But no points.
If you have only stayed once, then there shouldn't be any bonus points - bonus points start from stay #2.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
If you have only stayed once, then there shouldn't be any bonus points - bonus points start from stay #2.
Since it's 10k from 5 stays, does it post 4000 for the 5th stay to make up for the fact that nothing posted for the first stay?

The math in the T&Cs doesn't add up. It says you get 12000 points, but then it say you get 2000 points per stay starting at the second stay, and 2000 points for the 6th stay. That adds up 10000 not 12000.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Since it's 10k from 5 stays, does it post 4000 for the 5th stay to make up for the fact that nothing posted for the first stay?

The math in the T&Cs doesn't add up. It says you get 12000 points, but then it say you get 2000 points per stay starting at the second stay, and 2000 points for the 6th stay. That adds up 10000 not 12000.
I'll take a stab at this...

1st stay - No points
2nd to 5th stay - 2k each (8k points total)
6th stay - 2k points (+2k points bonus if applicable)

This matches with the progress bar you see on your Promotions page, which goes up to 6 stays.

Hope that helps. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by seedboxx
I'll take a stab at this...

1st stay - No points
2nd to 5th stay - 2k each (8k points total)
6th stay - 2k points (+2k points bonus if applicable)

This matches with the progress bar you see on your Promotions page, which goes up to 6 stays.

Hope that helps. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you have it correct.

I just completed my 2nd stay, and the 2,000 bonus points posted at the same time as my points for the stay. They are separate entries.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
My apologies if I missed this particular aspect...

Receive an additional sweepstakes entry with every stay**
  1. So, would members receive 1 sweepstakes entry per stay starting form the 2nd stay?
  2. Would this entry be emailed to them or be available on the MR member page?
  3. More importantly, once we have the sweepstakes entry, how do we enter the sweepstakes?

Thanks in advance .

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Not sure where you copied the quote from, but everything I have seen indicates the sweepstakes entries are based on nights, not stays.

Enter our sweeps when you register, and again with every night you stay: 100 members will win 100,000 points – for a total of 10 million points.
So, you have one entry when you register and one additional entry for every NIGHT you stay during the period.

These "entries" are all electronic. You will not receive anything via email nor on your web account page.

The entries are made automatically for you when you earn them.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just located the full Rules for the sweepstakes.

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks...eep_rules.html

Confirms entry from first night.

Something I didn't realize:

Reservations made through any venue other than Marriott.com will not count for entry in the Sweepstakes.
I guess when I book through concur for work trips I don't get entries?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
We have to use Concur at work also and it seems that most of the time I get full points and bonuses. YMMV
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanerf
We have to use Concur at work also and it seems that most of the time I get full points and bonuses. YMMV
Agree. I have always received points and bonuses.

What I don't know here, and i don't know of any way to check, is if I will get sweepstakes entries.

I am not really worried about it. But found it interesting restriction for their program.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Any news on any further offers this summer?

All of my promotions are 100% - so I'm guessing little incentive (other than existing benefits) until September?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I think you have it correct.

I just completed my 2nd stay, and the 2,000 bonus points posted at the same time as my points for the stay. They are separate entries.
This is exactly how it posted for me.

The 2,000 UA award miles have still not posted, and it has been 3.5 weeks since I completed the promotion.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Kind of happy about this summer promotion...it was so bad I have been staying at Hilton with their double points promo and regularly getting 20+K per $500 stay, including elite bonus, CC, and double dip. Adds up fast, even with the 30% value difference.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by orca15
Kind of happy about this summer promotion...it was so bad I have been staying at Hilton with their double points promo and regularly getting 20+K per $500 stay, including elite bonus, CC, and double dip. Adds up fast, even with the 30% value difference.
I will say that this was certainly one of the weakest MR promotions I have ever seen (though the weakest was last year - no promotion at all). I am hoping (not holding my breath though) that there may be more promotions than in years past if they will not be yielding as many points per promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.