FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

b33blebrox Jan 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat (Post 15582177)
Has anyone booked a 2011 meeting and already received the 10 bonus nights credit or did this expire on 12/21/2010?

Yes. Had a meeting in a FS last night and 10 nights in my account today. Sweet.

Now I need some awesome way of banging up the points just as easily....

SkyTeam777 Jan 15, 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 15592504)
The 10 bonus nights is an ongoing promotion. However, the Meetings Matter promotion where you earned double/triple points ended 12/31/2010.

More info regarding the 10 bonus nights and the Meetings Matter promo here.

EDIT: Seems that the Meetings Matter Promotion has been extended for 2011 as well. More info here.

When will these double points post? Im still waiting for mine from a real meeting held in early December.

danny.baker Jan 15, 2011 12:15 pm

No luck setting up a meeting for $100

My email is [email protected]. I am looking for a meeting room to book. I filled out several request but no luck. I travel all over and always need meeting space and would love to find room for $100 getting the 10 elite nights is a bonus for me. Marriott will get all my business meetings with this offer. Thank you so much.

arizonawildcat Jan 17, 2011 4:10 am

Another question...any chance these bonus nights count towards the upcoming Q1 Megabonus promotion? Stay X nights and get X points?

happymommy Jan 17, 2011 4:46 am

I don't think bonus nights count. We had a 7 night stay at a MVC condo - got the nights credited, but they didn't count for the megabonus since we booked it as a getaway through Interval International. Still, it was cool to get the nights credited since it was an awesome 2 bedroom condo and only $350 for a week!!

So I doubt you'd get any credit for the promo for these nights.

mooper Jan 17, 2011 4:58 am

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat (Post 15673608)
Another question...any chance these bonus nights count towards the upcoming Q1 Megabonus promotion? Stay X nights and get X points?

No. Bonus nights of any type do not qualify for MegaBonus.

PaulInTheSky Mar 4, 2011 12:05 pm

Marriott Cambridge. Staying and meeting.

I hope this will work out fine. I am using my AMex for the guest room stay, while I am gonna sign the contract with the Sales departure for the meeting tonight. I'd just hope it will be fine, $200 for the rental in Marriott. Not a terrible deal with bonus points to my account.

SacTownGuy Mar 4, 2011 1:27 pm

It should work fine. Good luck with your "meeting." :)

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 15975318)
I hope this will work out fine. I am using my AMex for the guest room stay, while I am gonna sign the contract with the Sales departure for the meeting tonight. I'd just hope it will be fine, $200 for the rental in Marriott. Not a terrible deal with bonus points to my account.

Goonerfish Mar 5, 2011 4:24 am

Got dropped from Plat to Gold in Feb. Was given an 18 night challenge (before June 30th) to regain Plat until Feb 2013. Was also made Plat again in the interim until June 30th.

For me, this is a great deal as I will be staying maybe 8 nights anyway so would only need 10 nights before end of June to keep Plat for almost 2 years! Much better deal than the buy back as that requires 40,000 pts and then the status is only valid until 2012, not 2013. (Plus a meeting room is going to cost me a lot less than 40,000 pts)

Now the only possible problem, is this base nights/bonus nights thing. Does anyone know for sure that these 10 EQN's do not count towards fast track offers??? If they do then I'll happily start to book my meetings through Marriott.

Also, does anyone have any experience getting the 10 EQN's in the UK?? I've read the whole thread but seems only reports of US stays being credited.

GlennTheBaker Mar 5, 2011 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Goonerfish (Post 15978987)
Now the only possible problem, is this base nights/bonus nights thing. Does anyone know for sure that these 10 EQN's do not count towards fast track offers??? If they do then I'll happily start to book my meetings through Marriott.

The 10 EQN's do not count towards Megabonus or Plat/Gold Challenge. They have to be 'actual' nights stayed.

13600 Mar 5, 2011 11:26 am

Does anyone know of a property in the Washington DC are that has a low cost conference room that would qualify for the 10 EQNs?

mooper Mar 7, 2011 10:53 am

I'm running into a slew of SHS, RI, and FI properties that are all saying that the 10EQN offer isn't valid at their property (i.e., they don't "participate"), even though small meeting rooms are available. Is this to be expected and within the terms, or are all properties that rent rooms supposed to participate without exception?

SacTownGuy Mar 7, 2011 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 15990212)
I'm running into a slew of SHS, RI, and FI properties that are all saying that the 10EQN offer isn't valid at their property (i.e., they don't "participate"), even though small meeting rooms are available. Is this to be expected and within the terms, or are all properties that rent rooms supposed to participate without exception?

My recollection is that there is a list at marriot.com which says which hotels participate. It's NOT all but it is most.

heffa Mar 7, 2011 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy (Post 15991934)
My recollection is that there is a list at marriot.com which says which hotels participate. It's NOT all but it is most.

I thought all hotels participate in the 10 EQN deal, but not participate in the parallel running Meetings Matter promotion with double/triple points. Maybe they referred to the Meetings Matter promo.

Marriott Meetings Matters

Goonerfish Mar 7, 2011 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 15992167)
I thought all hotels participate in the 10 EQN deal, but not participate in the parallel running Meetings Matter promotion with double/triple points. Maybe they referred to the Meetings Matter promo.

Marriott Meetings Matters

This is the exact same impression I get from reading into this deal. I have seen the list of participating hotels and that is definitely just for the Meetings Matter promo. The 10 EQN's should apply to all hotels.

I contacted a local Marriott in the UK and the cheapest I was quoted was £75 inc VAT. When I asked her about the points and 10 EQN's she had to go and check about the EQN's and came back and said that it is only rewarded when I hire a room for the whole day...which is obviously not correct. This lady was from a Central Sales office so I will be speaking to someone directly from the hotel in question tomorrow to clarify the EQN deal. I will hopefully post a definitive answer then.