FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

SacTownGuy Oct 22, 2011 7:46 am

Anyone ever try booking a meeting room without showing up for the meeting? I assume one must go to the hotel at some point to sign paperwork and pay for the room, however.

Yes. I did it twice. No show no problem! Points and nights posted!

It's really easy. Everything can be done by email once you have the email address for the sales person at the hotel you want to book.

potterew Oct 22, 2011 8:07 am

Rewarding events roll over?

Does anyone know if these events will roll owver to 2012?

utpharmdoc Nov 14, 2011 10:51 pm

IS the offer still good?

Exdon Nov 15, 2011 12:32 am

Originally Posted by utpharmdoc (Post 17451865)
IS the offer still good?

Had a real meeting end of October and was credited points and nights.

dgoedken Nov 15, 2011 2:55 pm

this has been around for a few years now. just buried in other threads.

tintin_007 Nov 16, 2011 12:58 pm

unreal!!

I've bookmarked this forum! Any FTers want to stop by in Manassas, Fairfax, Northern VA for a meeting? :D

Tabs Nov 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi,

I am new to all of this....what does 10 elite nights transfer out to? 10 nights at any marriott locations?

Thanks,

YOWzer Nov 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Can't believe I jsut found out about this thread :D

HiredGun Nov 16, 2011 9:40 pm

LOL

Originally Posted by tintin_007 (Post 17462267)
I've bookmarked this forum! Any FTers want to stop by in Manassas, Fairfax, Northern VA for a meeting? :D

Let's do it!!

craz Nov 16, 2011 11:02 pm

has anyone held a meeting and stayed the night there as well? was wondering if I could charge the meeting to my room and then use a GC (saves 10%) to pay it off except for alittle bit that will close out to a VISA for MB credit for the actual stay

Not expecting 11 nights towards the MB just 1 but it should crank up 11 towards status no? or is it best to keep it separate from 1 another? and do them on 2 different days?

tia

tintin_007 Nov 17, 2011 8:58 am

to HiredGun

Originally Posted by HiredGun (Post 17465418)
Let's do it!!

Will send you a PM once I get some dates with best rates. I guess Sat,Sun would work?

TexasWook Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Just an FYI as I spent the better part of a week trying to figure out why none of the hotels I called would confirm the 10 elite nights. I called Marriott Rewards and was told that if you book a conference room at the standard rate and you receive Marriott points for the room you will receive 10 nights for the booking. Also after your second "meeting" you will receive triple bonus points for the meeting expenses however the triple bonus points may take up to 6 weeks to post.

So any hotel that says yes you will get Marriott Reward points for using our conference room will allow you to get the 10 nights. Be warned however that it is 10 nights per event so if you book the conf room on multiple days at the same hotel it will be considered one event. I haven't found any hotels offering meeting rooms for less than $100 but if anyone does find any it would be great for you to post them here.

TexasWook Nov 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 17465722)
has anyone held a meeting and stayed the night there as well? was wondering if I could charge the meeting to my room and then use a GC (saves 10%) to pay it off except for alittle bit that will close out to a VISA for MB credit for the actual stay

Not expecting 11 nights towards the MB just 1 but it should crank up 11 towards status no? or is it best to keep it separate from 1 another? and do them on 2 different days?

tia

I just did this today, will let you know how it posts to my account in a few days.

craz Nov 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by TexasWook (Post 17470058)
Just an FYI as I spent the better part of a week trying to figure out why none of the hotels I called would confirm the 10 elite nights. I called Marriott Rewards and was told that if you book a conference room at the standard rate and you receive Marriott points for the room you will receive 10 nights for the booking. Also after your second "meeting" you will receive triple bonus points for the meeting expenses however the triple bonus points may take up to 6 weeks to post.

then the queation is if a person is also staying the night will they end up with 10 nights or 11 nights credited 10 for the meeting and 1 for sleeping over in a room

Id rather get the 1 night credited for sleeping there then 1000 MR pts for charging the meeting room to my room bill. I think I will simply make the meeting for the night after I checkout soa s to avoid any problems, of cause my crystal ball is showing me I most likely will get held up at my other functions of the day after checking out and might not make it back

TexasWook Nov 18, 2011 8:34 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 17471521)
then the queation is if a person is also staying the night will they end up with 10 nights or 11 nights credited 10 for the meeting and 1 for sleeping over in a room

Id rather get the 1 night credited for sleeping there then 1000 MR pts for charging the meeting room to my room bill. I think I will simply make the meeting for the night after I checkout soa s to avoid any problems, of cause my crystal ball is showing me I most likely will get held up at my other functions of the day after checking out and might not make it back

So I checked out this morning and asked why the Meeting Room was not listed in my room charges and the desk clerk told me that it was their procedure that meeting room charges be charged separately. I made the reservations at the same time and they did not have my rewards number listed. So they did add it before I left.