FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

phltraveler Aug 15, 2018 11:32 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30085488)
If you've been reading upthread, there are some of us that don't read the new rules as being limited to only ONE meeting. Until someone ventures out and pushes the issue, we won't know. Read the T&Cs for yourself and decide. I'll bet, worst case, they will grant a "one-time exception" for the meeting.

If you want to join the fun debate about the interpretation of the leaked new Marriott Rewards T&C for the merged program and website language (e.g. members.marriott.com rewarding events page), then join the thread Rewarding Events changes after August 18 to see the prior discussion and exact language (specifically .

To state that there are different interpretations of the language about rewarding events and the 10 nights applying either only to the first meeting or to each meeting contract would be putting it mildly, to say the least :p

mroseman13 Aug 15, 2018 11:58 am

My events say Cancelled too even though I showed up for all of them

RogerD408 Aug 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mroseman13 (Post 30086074)
My events say Cancelled too even though I showed up for all of them

Seems to be normal.

cruisr Aug 15, 2018 1:13 pm

They always say cancelled in your account activity, Nothing to worry about,

Venezuela-Miami Aug 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by phltraveler (Post 30085956)
If you want to join the fun debate about the interpretation of the leaked new Marriott Rewards T&C for the merged program and website language (e.g. members.marriott.com rewarding events page), then join the thread Rewarding Events changes after August 18 to see the prior discussion and exact language (specifically .

To state that there are different interpretations of the language about rewarding events and the 10 nights applying either only to the first meeting or to each meeting contract would be putting it mildly, to say the least :p

The link says Page not Found :confused:

phltraveler Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami (Post 30086973)
The link says Page not Found :confused:

Works for me on the desktop. Try again.

Sometimes I've had bizarre link issues where sporadically the links in forum posts here link as

Code:

https://www.flyertalk.com/!restoftheurl
The key part is that it shows not found due to the ! (exclamation mark).

Venezuela-Miami Aug 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Now found, thanks!

brokenwindow Aug 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Thanks for reopening Bruce :)

Question for people who did the Rewarding Events before the Aug 18:

I moved a bunch of meetings to Marriott, and ended up during the year getting 80 elite nights via the Rewarding Events (average spend per meeting was $900, these were 'real meetings'). I was Platinum Premier as supposed to be once the new programme launched. However, once I merged my SPG + Marriott, even though my total nights are now at 99 (80 rewarding events + 19 paid), I am only Platinum Elite, not Platinum Premier.

In my book, I should be PP.. anyone else in same boat? I've emailed Marriott but likely won't get a response for a while..

JfromTheBay Aug 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow (Post 30121368)

I moved a bunch of meetings to Marriott, and ended up during the year getting 80 elite nights via the Rewarding Events (average spend per meeting was $900, these were 'real meetings'). I was Platinum Premier as supposed to be once the new programme launched. However, once I merged my SPG + Marriott, even though my total nights are now at 99 (80 rewarding events + 19 paid), I am only Platinum Elite, not Platinum Premier.

In my book, I should be PP.. anyone else in same boat? I've emailed Marriott but likely won't get a response for a while..

I had a similar issue where it showed Plat premier online and app it just showed plat elite. They fixed it but I still havent merged my accounts yet. Just wait till IT fixes the issues, its the same issue with nights and lifetime levels. Dont worry I dont think they'll screw you. The merger didnt go very well, today is the 23rd and still problems.

rustykettel Aug 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Updated the participating brands in the FAQ per https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/ear...ding-events.mi - basically added Starwood hotels & Protea, and updated the brand names. Residence Inn, TownPlace, and Executive Apartments continue as non-earning/non-participating brands.

Caution: for those stumbling across this thread, please read through the post-Aug 18 thread linked at Post #3053 above by bdschobel, and note that the Group Posting Tool will be new to former Starwood brands & properties so YMMV!

Originally Posted by tryanjordan (Post 30085382)
I don't think Fairfield Inn properties participate in Rewarding Events, but I could be mistaken.

Yes, Fairfield does!

GVA Aug 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Question for those who did quite a few meetings, does your account let you choose the SNAs/other options ?

I did a couple of meetings but fall short on 50 hotel nights, but over it with meetings, yet unable to choose SNA or the other options.

Weirdly the website in my status bar towards ambassador shows only the hotel night count whereas the app shows my yearly night count. So I'm a bit lost here as to if there is any logic behind how Marriott is counting here or if it's just a bug.

Venezuela-Miami Aug 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow (Post 30121368)

There's another thread that covers that specific topic, today late afternoon they probably made a system sweep and most of the statuses finally mapped correctly:

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

kerrigjl Aug 24, 2018 10:10 am

Originally Posted by GVA (Post 30122267)
Question for those who did quite a few meetings, does your account let you choose the SNAs/other options ?

I did a couple of meetings but fall short on 50 hotel nights, but over it with meetings, yet unable to choose SNA or the other options.

Weirdly the website in my status bar towards ambassador shows only the hotel night count whereas the app shows my yearly night count. So I'm a bit lost here as to if there is any logic behind how Marriott is counting here or if it's just a bug.

I don't think anyone can pick SNAs yet, can they?

getagb Aug 24, 2018 11:14 am

Originally Posted by kerrigjl (Post 30125043)
I don't think anyone can pick SNAs yet, can they?

correct