FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

xar Aug 14, 2018 6:08 am

It depends on the property manager actually. Some post within 1 business day while others have reported it taking weeks.

RogerD408 Aug 14, 2018 6:29 am

Originally Posted by xar (Post 30080100)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6eec32d1ba.jpg

Logged in today and was greeted by this. So safe to say i hit "Gold" just in time which should take me to plat after 18th Aug 2018.
Another 30* nights should post "soon" which should take me up to PP.
Will update again if i qualified for any bonus awards at the 50th and 75th mark, only a couple of days to find out! :)

Thanks everyone for their advice and support.

*I'll try to log a missing stay report to get that final 10 nights from that property who charged my CC but did not want to grant me points due to the no show

Do not expect any 50 night benefit as legacy MR does not have SNAs. It's been stated you need to cross the 50 night threshold after the new program launches and merging your account and getting over 50 will not count. If you have more than 75 combined nights, then consider not merging your accounts if there's a chance you will cross 75 in one.

asot550 Aug 14, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30080873)
Do not expect any 50 night benefit as legacy MR does not have SNAs. It's been stated you need to cross the 50 night threshold after the new program launches and merging your account and getting over 50 will not count. If you have more than 75 combined nights, then consider not merging your accounts if there's a chance you will cross 75 in one.

Do you have a source for that? I thought the SNA crossover thresholds was just speculation, not confirmed.

OssianBlue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30080873)

I've seen absolutely nothing that indicates this and it would be grossly unfair if it occurred. The program post 8/18 is an entirely new one.

RogerD408 Aug 14, 2018 9:06 am

Originally Posted by asot550 (Post 30081263)
Do you have a source for that? I thought the SNA crossover thresholds was just speculation, not confirmed.

Unfortunately, since they have not released to specific T&Cs, EVERYTHING so far is speculation, even the leaked T&Cs.

RogerD408 Aug 14, 2018 9:14 am

Originally Posted by OssianBlue (Post 30081357)
I've seen absolutely nothing that indicates this and it would be grossly unfair if it occurred. The program post 8/18 is an entirely new one.

Not unfair at all. Where do you stop? Do members that have both accounts get double SNAs if they have over 50/75 nights in each? An option I do see is if you leave your accounts separated AND cross 50/75 in each of them, then 20 SNAs would be due (not to mention if you earned 10 in SPG when hitting 50 nights before 7/27). It's a new program, ground zero has been established and everyone moves forward from here. Yes, had we known, we might have done something different, but then, many probably feel had they known about Marriott buying Starwood sooner they would have bailed altogether.

OssianBlue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30081406)
Not unfair at all. Where do you stop? Do members that have both accounts get double SNAs if they have over 50/75 nights in each? An option I do see is if you leave your accounts separated AND cross 50/75 in each of them, then 20 SNAs would be due (not to mention if you earned 10 in SPG when hitting 50 nights before 7/27). It's a new program, ground zero has been established and everyone moves forward from here. Yes, had we known, we might have done something different, but then, many probably feel had they known about Marriott buying Starwood sooner they would have bailed altogether.

You're seriously arguing that Marriott is going to tell a person who has 75 nights in Marriott before the new program launches that they don't get either the 50 or the 75 night bonuses in the new program? That's irrational.

xar Aug 14, 2018 9:18 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30081380)
Unfortunately, since they have not released to specific T&Cs, EVERYTHING so far is speculation, even the leaked T&Cs.

Just thinking out aloud

1. Scenario A: person "A" has accumulated 50 nights from 1st Jan 2018 - 15th Aug 2018
2. Scenario B: person "B" has accumulated 49 nights from 1st Jan 2018 - 15th Aug 2018. He/She completes the 50th stay on 19th Aug 2018.

On 20th Aug, both persons "combine" their accounts. Based on the current speculation, only Scenario "B" will earn the SNA.

I find this strange as both scenarios should qualify for the SNA. (There's also debate on what about SPG guests since they do get SNA over there)

RogerD408 Aug 14, 2018 9:31 am

Originally Posted by OssianBlue (Post 30081418)
You're seriously arguing that Marriott is going to tell a person who has 75 nights in Marriott before the new program launches that they don't get either the 50 or the 75 night bonuses in the new program? That's irrational.

Yes, I do expect that to happen. We will need to wait and see how they handle it. I would love to be wrong, but don't think I am.

Originally Posted by xar (Post 30081430)
Just thinking out aloud

1. Scenario A: person "A" has accumulated 50 nights from 1st Jan 2018 - 15th Aug 2018
2. Scenario B: person "B" has accumulated 49 nights from 1st Jan 2018 - 15th Aug 2018. He/She completes the 50th stay on 19th Aug 2018.

On 20th Aug, both persons "combine" their accounts. Based on the current speculation, only Scenario "B" will earn the SNA.

I find this strange as both scenarios should qualify for the SNA. (There's also debate on what about SPG guests since they do get SNA over there)

It has been proposed that those SPG folks that got 50 nights in before 7/27 and picked 10 SNA nights can/should get another 5 when crossing 75 nights.

This is all part of playing the game. Learn the rules and let them work to your advantage.

OssianBlue Aug 14, 2018 9:38 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 30081486)
Yes, I do expect that to happen. We will need to wait and see how they handle it. I would love to be wrong, but don't think I am.

It has been proposed that those SPG folks that got 50 nights in before 7/27 and picked 10 SNA nights can/should get another 5 when crossing 75 nights.

This is all part of playing the game. Learn the rules and let them work to your advantage.

I guess it is possible that Marriott would screw its actual elites in favor of SPG Elites in the manner you are suggesting but it seems utterly unlikely.

karenkay Aug 14, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by xar (Post 30080809)
It depends on the property manager actually. Some post within 1 business day while others have reported it taking weeks.

or months. :rolleyes:

w1106c Aug 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by mingzie (Post 30080748)
Thanks, is this email sent instantly?

For all my past meetings from 2 properties, I received no emails but all meetings posted within 2 days after the property uses the gpt.

resourceful007 Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm

i have 3 events last week which have been posted yesterday with correct number of points and nights. I have another event today and hotel have post it. However I only see the points but not the nights. In this case, who should I speak to and will the night will updated afterwards?

RogerD408 Aug 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by resourceful007 (Post 30082107)
i have 3 events last week which have been posted yesterday with correct number of points and nights. I have another event today and hotel have post it. However I only see the points but not the nights. In this case, who should I speak to and will the night will updated afterwards?

I suggest holding off for now. Once the property using the Group Posting Tool, the data is sent to MR. MR is the entity that ponies up the 10 nights, so a day or two lag is expected. As you know the systems are undergoing a massive change and there may be hiccups along the way. Keep good documentation on what you have done and anyone you have talked with in case you do need to talk with someone. I doubt there will be any issues getting things applied.

jbarm Aug 14, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm on week 4 of trying to get 10 night credit for a meeting in mid-June. Have had multiple Marriott corporate folks promise I will get the credit the day after I asked. Happened 3 different times. Nada so far.

Hold times are incredibly bad for a Platinum member, btw.