Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisdeaner
Expert Review (posted in Luxury Forum) from Jan 2018 from Villa stay:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...encounter-2352

Restrictions on the Acceptance of US Currency

Due to recent local regulations, the acceptance of US Dollars in cash is now restricted across Mexico. Payments with credit/debit cards remain unaffected. Please provide arrangements to settle your accounts and other expenses with a credit card or in Mexican Pesos. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our guests.
FYI - the hotel also can't exchange USD<>MXN but they do have an ATM near the lobby (downstairs by the meeting rooms) that dispenses Pesos.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:13 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by goldtiger
This was the reply I got from my Amb:”Your welcome gift choice [at StR Punta Mita] is indeed either points or a continental breakfast. The buffet breakfast costs $45.00 USD per person.”

Edit: I guess the $15 buy-up for breakfast makes sense, I don't think my Amb understood what the situation is and just told me the up-front/normal cost
The sad part is; the breakfast upcharge behaviour that something that you'd expect from a Sheraton. It's the new normal for Starwood properties; complete erosion of the past generous Starwood benefit. Certainly not something that you'd expect when you're shelling out so many points.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone booked recently with Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts? This also has a breakfast benefit and used to be the full buffet. If this benefit has been maintained, then perhaps booking through this channel, which also includes a $100 spa credit, might be a good option and then take the points. Of course, the FHR rate might be too high to make it worth it, but during low season I've found fantastic rates with FHR ($350/night a couple years ago).
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Has anyone booked recently with Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts? This also has a breakfast benefit and used to be the full buffet. If this benefit has been maintained, then perhaps booking through this channel, which also includes a $100 spa credit, might be a good option and then take the points. Of course, the FHR rate might be too high to make it worth it, but during low season I've found fantastic rates with FHR ($350/night a couple years ago).
I look all the time and can't seem to find any availability through the AmEx portal except in the dead of summer...not my ideal time to go.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:37 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Both Virtuoso & Marriott's own STARS program offer full buffet breakfast daily for 2020. I can't speak to the FHR rate's inclusions but there are various issues reported here with Bonvoy status & points posting via FHR's new online portal.

Originally Posted by david55
I look all the time and can't seem to find any availability through the AmEx portal except in the dead of summer...not my ideal time to go.
if the hotel is available to book via marriott it should show same via FHR. Again, can't speak to the rate, but it should match the best available. There is currently a promo under "Stay Longer, Experience More" which I know works with STARS & Virtuoso. Same is probably true for FHR.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
if the hotel is available to book via marriott it should show same via FHR. Again, can't speak to the rate, but it should match the best available. .
This is not true in my experience. FHR is sometimes more expensive than the best rate available, and sometimes not available at all while Marriott still has rooms. In my experience, FHR is available during low seasons, I assume as a way to incentivize bookings. I have enjoyed going during low seasons when it's not so busy.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:00 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
This is not true in my experience.
Then I suggest you call Amex's FHR team next time you have availability or rate issues and want to book. Hotel inventory under these programs is not suppose to be opaque.

Last edited by ABG; Mar 9, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Here right now, just wanted to update that the breakfast for Amb is full breakfast. There was some conflicting info between front desk and restaurant staff, but the breakfast is the free full breakfast, not requiring the $15 additional fee per person for upgrade...

SNAs didn't clear but room is very nice, there is a massive corporate event going on here so looks like they gave some ”free” upgrades to those guys
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Completely sold out until May 31. First available date is June 1. Looks like it is closed until end of May.

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 1, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Old Jun 27, 2020, 3:26 pm

Anyone been there since COVID reopen? Have a trip planned in a week, but still “iffy” as to whether we will go. Wonder if they are doing anything to social distance at the restaurants in town?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 8:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Got this email earlier today from the Punta Mita association:

Greetings from Punta Mita as June comes to a close. Here in Punta Mita both, the Four Seasons Punta Mita and St Regis Punta Mita resorts are gearing up to open their doors again next week on Wednesday, July 1st. We would like to take this opportunity to share our Punta Mita COVID-19 Protocols, please click on the link below to know the protocols that we will be implementing throughout the resort.
There was also a link to the policies and procedures that the "compound" will follow, not sure what the village will be doing. Details here. Minimal details specific to the SRPM or 4S.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by wizzy
Got this email earlier today from the Punta Mita association:

There was also a link to the policies and procedures that the "compound" will follow, not sure what the village will be doing. Details here. Minimal details specific to the SRPM or 4S.
It will be interesting to see how many false temperature readings they get from guests who go from sunbathing to dining, etc. I had a haircut the other day and waited to enter the barber shop sitting on a bench outside in the sun ( Seattle) and when the barber took my temperature it was reading well over 100. It took about 5 minutes or so before if went down to 99 degrees and they would let me in.

We have reservations ( our first time) for February.... but are actually re-thinking this trip as perhaps a bit too early for us to travel again.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by david55
It will be interesting to see how many false temperature readings they get from guests who go from sunbathing to dining, etc.
It will be interesting to see if they actually follow any of the procedures.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:59 pm

I have a few friends who are doctors and they all say that temperature checks are perhaps not helpful because they can provide a false sense of confidence. One can have C19 and not have a fever (or any symptoms at all).
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:48 pm

Value of Breakfast?

I am comparing rates at the resort for a 6 night stay. Some of the better rooms and suites include breakfast for two... but between the member rates (with breakfast) and a senior rates ( without breakfast) the member rates come in about $1300 US more for the 6 nights.

Curious what the breakfast price per person might be at the buffet.... at $1300 extra it comes out to over $200 per couple for breakfast.

I have no status but Gold.

Thanks.

edited to add: I found a Virtuoso rate that blew all the other rates ( members, senior, etc) out of the water....includes breakfast and a beachfront room for about the same price as an oceanview Jr. suite sans breakfast
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by david55; Jul 1, 2020 at 2:44 pm
Old Jul 5, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
We stayed in for a week in January and I’m pretty sure the breakfast buffet was about US$50 per person. It was excellent but I have trouble justifying the price since we generally end up having some form of eggs anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.